EA Forums - Banner

2013 christmas vs 2012 christmas

I preferred last years. I don't like this new format of prizes for a certain amount collected. I preferred being able to purchase what I want using the currency, and then getting to trade in the extra at the end of the event.

Replies

• iheartsandyb
    37 posts
    edited December 2013
    This year. I like that it is more elaborate, and appears that we are getting a lot more.
  • miiszade
    59 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I prefer this year's content and the extra little details in the design but I prefer last year's format.
  • sorry89charlie
    147 posts
    edited December 2013
    Last year by far.
  • felicity2092
    162 posts
    edited December 2013
    miiszade wrote:
    I prefer this year's content and the extra little details in the design but I prefer last year's format.

+1 :thumbup:
  • johncolombo
    11583 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I miss the Santa coins but I was new then too so it could be the nostalgia talking. I remember trying like asterisk to get the krabaplle apt because I wanted to buy the Xmas skin. I never did make it that christmas but I did get it today.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • edited December 2013
    I wasn't here last year but after seeing all the houses (like Flanders, Willie's shack, and so on) I was hoping there'd be new skins for the houses. Oh well.
  • ayyezajac
    138 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I liked last year's system in terms of how Christmas lights were handled with Santa coins. Not huge on the gift cards/presents this year (nice concept, but..) However, I like this year's buildings and how most will be earned through gift cards and community rather than purchasing. While I splurge a lot on doughnuts, I'm safe from having to spend my actual money in which I'm saving up for the diamond ($300,000 away, but not going to buy it right away anyway). So in that sense, this year is nice that I don't have to worry about spending that and being further behind.
  • Emington
    37 posts
    edited December 2013
    I liked the Christmas coins so you could save up for what you want and not what ea decide you should have at each mile stone of tickets. But I do like the snow back even though by January you're totally fed up of it and want to see green again.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I too prefer the Santa coins from last year, however I think the Christmas update this year is also very good.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • markybf1576
    10 posts
    edited December 2013
    As I am on Android I didnt get this game till early this year, dont suppose barney's bowlerama is available this year? Its about the only building I want, working in one myself! Just cant spend 250 dohnuts on it, you all know from the episode where homer works in one that it dont pay enough to splash out on premium items!!!
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I like them both. X-mas bells and lights are a nice addition this year. But I do prefer the Santa Coins and earning the decorations for the houses. I think the snow looks better this year than last, and everything seems more colorful. And more prizes is always good, even though I have no more land to place them.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.