EA Forums - Banner

This is becoming pathetic EA...

Kudos on both being so well spoken and coming up with such an original topic.

Replies

• 1WngdAngel271
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Design your town better. I'm level 37, have everything except the volcano later, and still have room. Nothing is smashed, it all makes sense, I have a river system and forest.
  • excelsior0808
    98 posts
    edited December 2013
    I really don't understand how so many people have problems with land. I don't have all the premium stuff (a lot, but not all), but I have a forest, two neighborhoods, a shopping district... and a lot of land left unpurchased.
  • heatherbea444
    234 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I still have a ton of land to buy, and I've got a couple strips of land bought that are open, lol. Land has never been one of my complaints. Maybe if you could rotate things 360 degrees, I'd care to take up more land but even then, meh.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    Design your town better. I'm level 37, have everything except the volcano later, and still have room. Nothing is smashed, it all makes sense, I have a river system and forest.

Same here. I understand people want to make the town their way but there is only so much you can do and you have to make do.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited December 2013

exactly. There's room if your layout is sensible.
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    You can't add tons of new content and buildings, but no new land. I cant build since about 3 updates, because there is not enought land. Stop adding buildings and give us land, god damn
    Wow, EA spend weeks planning and coding the update and you complain? Did you think there might be more with level 38?
  • lolreallynext
    179 posts
    edited December 2013
    He has a good point, it's easy to add more land and since they read these threads we should let em know how important it is.. I utilize my space very well but I hate rearranging it every update to make stuff fit

Stop complaining about his complaining
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I have all buildings which includes premium ones and there is no doubt it is a bit of a squeeze. Yes you can make room by managing your land better, but a bit more land for the Christmas update for some is definitely welcomed.
    I don't have swathes of land eaten up by forest and bountiful decorations everywhere.
    Some of the buildings can be quite big and take up consirable room. You then have decide how much room you can provide for that building for its surroundings, such as a few trees, hedges, parking lot, sometimes these have to be sacrificed because you are running out of room.
    So rather than demanding land or expressing oneself that you don't need land and stating to others that they should manage the land better.
    Take a balanced view of this. More land is always welcomed, and if you don't need the land at this stage, then you know it's there if you do need it.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • 1WngdAngel271
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    He has a good point, it's easy to add more land and since they read these threads we should let em know how important it is.. I utilize my space very well but I hate rearranging it every update to make stuff fit

More land means more space on the servers. It's not just a simple thing. Could EA add more? Sure, but it's going to weigh down the servers that much more. Eventually, if EA keeps adding content everyone will max out on space and there will need to be more added. Hopefully that means new servers that can handle a bigger load, but EA is a business first and if they feel it doesn't make sense economically they won't increase space in-game land wise or server wise. That's why all the complaint threads * me off, we have no power to change the amount of land we have, so work with what you have or stop playing.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11652 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I have all of items deco build and have so much space i have to check twice to see if a present dropped on one square of the much free space i have since i confuse it with trash just saying
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited December 2013

More land means more space on the servers. It's not just a simple thing. Could EA add more? Sure, but it's going to weigh down the servers that much more. Eventually, if EA keeps adding content everyone will max out on space and there will need to be more added. Hopefully that means new servers that can handle a bigger load, but EA is a business first and if they feel it doesn't make sense economically they won't increase space in-game land wise or server wise. That's why all the complaint threads * me off, we have no power to change the amount of land we have, so work with what you have or stop playing.

Not to mention, adding new land means that most players will start redesigning their towns all at once... that's a big strain on the servers.
  • jimtorrisi
    5 posts
    edited December 2013
    Kudos on both being so well spoken and coming up with such an original topic.

lol...thanks for the laughs
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    This topic gets a new thread started every day. The answers are predictable.

Side A: I don't need any more land - I have every, single item and every building BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! I have a Roman aqueduct which meanders through my JRR Tolken-like-forests, a fabulous Evergreen Terrace with a gigantic, adjacent-Beverly-Hillsesque park, a medieval mini park, a barrio and a mafia estate that makes Vatican City envious. I still haven't bought all the land and I still have oodles of space. You are just a poor designer if you need more land, it's because you suck.

Side B: if I don't get more land I'll have to put half my town in storage and many kittens will die.

I'd love to see the "Side A" towns because something tells me, they pretty much look like my "Other Springfield". Sure, you can fit everything on the grid provided, have a river and some trees...

I'm in the latter camp. Please EA, don't let another kitten die, give us one, more strip of land.

• TotalTapper
    348 posts Member
    edited December 2013

:thumbup:

@pull Rome &Pompeii have got nothing on my SF :-)
  • jonas_alexan
    325 posts
    edited December 2013
    I still have 33 squares of land to buy, and I'm level 37, most premiums, huge cemetery area, huge woods area, now the Mall with two large parking areas, and there huge areas for the mansions.

I've noticed a lot of my friends don't design streets etcetera. They just put one building and road and one building and road etcetera. It is, of course, down to personal design choice. But one should maximise their space.
  • wxjunkie0
    15 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have tons of free space, even a few spots of farming, and probably 90 percent of the buildings offered in the game. I don't design it like a sprawled gross suburban mess, however.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.