EA Forums - Banner

I can't help smiling at all these new brown house farms

haha yeah i built 20 of them around my tree yesterday to help my visitors not wasting time!
USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL

Replies

• baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited December 2013
    I love your posts! :lol:
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited December 2013
    :lol: always had mine... Still like the bad side of my town... But the funny thing is that just last Monday I sold all the brown houses I had in inventory....only to buy some on Tuesday... :oops:

Edit... Thinking about moving my tree on the part of my town where the original brown houses are... Haven't had the time to properly plan this...
  • AmandaElwood
    168 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    And on the flip-side, suddenly, though I once winced at the mere thought of tapping a brown house, I'm tapping away on them shamelessly. Heck, I even smile when I find a Kwik-e-Mart to tap.

I sat waiting for the Simpsons house to regenerate in a neighborhood so I could tap it again, all the while saying, "It's just so wrong," over and over again. :lol:
  • thatjenr
    187 posts
    edited December 2013
    Ha! You're right! I just finished my visits and noticed quite a few of them. I may not be joining you at any self-help meetings, I am trying not to tap my buildings around my tree.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    And on the flip-side, suddenly, though I once winced at the mere thought of tapping a brown house, I'm tapping away on them shamelessly. Heck, I even smile when I find a Kwik-e-Mart to tap.

I sat waiting for the Simpsons house to regenerate in a neighborhood so I could tap it again, all the while saying, "It's just so wrong," over and over again. :lol:

stand_in_corner.jpg
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited December 2013
    I've also created a mini Brown House Farm next to my tree just for this event.

I did it because I didn't want to have to think to much about making sure I leave stuff un-tapped for my neighbours.

I just consider that area a no-go-zone for feeding my tapping addiction.
  • Naes556
    184 posts
    edited December 2013
    Yup. I put up 10 of them at my landing zone just to make it easy on my neighbors.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2013

I did it because I didn't want to have to think to much about making sure I leave stuff un-tapped for my neighbours.

ROFL. Like you, I have a really, really, really hard time NOT collecting rent every time I see an icon. And I'm constantly sweeping my town, scanning for collectibles. Scrolling past my little gang of brown houses without clearing the dollar signs is downright unsettling.

This afternoon, I tested myself, to see how many OTHER things I could leave uncollected. Ignored every dollar sign, stack of cash, cash register, and menu thingie. Way too stressful. I had to put down my iPad and go all the way to the other end of the house to the kitchen (or, as I call it, "that room with the coffee maker in it")

I can never do that again. :)
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited December 2013

ROFL. Like you, I have a really, really, really hard time NOT collecting rent every time I see an icon. And I'm constantly sweeping my town, scanning for collectibles. Scrolling past my little gang of brown houses without clearing the dollar signs is downright unsettling.

This afternoon, I tested myself, to see how many OTHER things I could leave uncollected. Ignored every dollar sign, stack of cash, cash register, and menu thingie. Way too stressful. I had to put down my iPad and go all the way to the other end of the house to the kitchen (or, as I call it, "that room with the coffee maker in it")

I can never do that again. :)

Not collecting in your own town is just....too hard I cheat sometimes and just collect one or two thinking it's ok, there are still so many left can't. I can't help it I am like the Pavlov dog except I tap tap tap tap... It is a reflex...not my fault it's the game's fault :oops:
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited December 2013

ROFL. Like you
    You better like me, I left 5 gift bags in your town within minutes of adding you to my neighbourhood ;)
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I built 10 of them on the east end of my city. I swore a long time ago i would never house farm...but here I am
    Just to help out my neighbors :-)
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh, Annette. You're hilarious. I love it! (also, I quite laughed at the 'room where my coffee maker is' comment. I'd use it, but my coffee maker is in my dining room. LOLOL)

Coincidentally, your brown house "farms" are quite lovely. I love what you did with them. Just because it's functional, doesn't mean it has to be ugly.

I have all the land and all the inspirations I want right now. Plus 2 mill in the bank. (in my other game) So I am now quite adept at not taping things. Once I hit over a mill, my brown houses and KEM's pretty much get ignored. In my main town I placed my Metal tree in the middle of my purple house neighbourhood. I'm getting more Gift Bags than I can return to friends, in part, I think because friends are so happy that it's not a huge search to find things to tap.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    My boyfriend visited my town today, and gave me this look, and asked, "Are you starting a house farm?"
    And I said, "What, those brown houses? I built those so all my neighbors will be able to get gift cards when they visit me."
    And he said, "Ahh. Okay," and tapped three of them :lol:
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I thought everyone called it 'The a Room with the Coffee Maker'. Lol.

I have a small hoard for quick generating buildings for tappers. I also have my trailer park of white houses for some much needed cash to stock up on exclusive items, and get a good federal reserve for the post-holiday boredom that will mst likely result in a complete town overhaul..
  • marco_rosa833
    366 posts
    edited December 2013
    Annette, there's a possibility that these brown house farms always existed. The only difference is that you didn't spawn near them. Now the players moved their Holiday trees to their house farms so you will spawn in the middle of them.

Personally, I don't have a Brown House farm. I have a Kwik-E-Mart farm. That's just how I roll. Of course, those with Krusty Burger farms are even more loaded. I also have a massive blue house farm; but, that's not very useful for the event.
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited December 2013
    Annette, there's a possibility that these brown house farms always existed.

I'm one of Anette's neighbours and I built my mini brown house farm just for this event.

I also spent 300 donuts on gift bags today as well so everyone that is in my neighbourhood is getting gift bags.

Quick message to my neighbours, whilst your gift bags are appreciated. Don't feel bad if you can't give me any in return.
  • philieb
    930 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I have a dozen or so brown houses in my LZ. Same as last Christmas.

That plus the new "scrolling" feature to visit neighbors really speeds things up.
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I had a brown house farm as a Power Plant Housing Development, with a sorry-looking playground in the center. I plunked my tree there. :mrgreen:
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I have had quite a few brown houses for a while but used them as a kind of "holiday village". It's still there, but I added a few more brown houses while really trying not to tap anything. It was really hard the first couple of days, but I'm getting used to only tapping my characters when they are done with a task. Then, I don't really need the cash as I have just hit the 10 million mark.
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    I'm thinking of joining a self-help group.

Your experience may have been very different. But I'm having lots of fun. :)

I just figure it makes it easier for everyone visiting, during the event. Afterwards everyone will clear them down.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!