EA Forums - Banner

Your Thoughts on the Snow?

Prev1
I Love the snow. I played last year and I'm happy to have it back.

Replies

• dmariet16
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I love the snow! Cartoon snow stays pretty and white unlike real snow in a city!!
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited December 2013
    love it, wish we would have option for year round... the decorations look alot better covered in snow.
  • AmandaElwood
    168 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I love the snow in the game. It's the type I like, all fluffy and white and deep. And I don't have to drive in it.
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm new to the snow as well. At first it was a little hard to get used to, but now I love it! They were very detailed in the animation and adds a great touch to the game. And unlike the Halloween update, there doesn't seem to be any lagging at all.
  • loonytune15
    122 posts
    edited December 2013
    Snow at XMAS time, not sure what that is.

Snow anytime, not sure what that is :)

Be nice to for a game to recognise the fact that people in other countries play as well..
  • potatocato
    80 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I love it! it's not like we get snow in Australia, so this is the closest to a white Christmas i'll ever get :P
  • potatocato
    80 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Snow at XMAS time, not sure what that is.

Snow anytime, not sure what that is :)

Be nice to for a game to recognise the fact that people in other countries play as well..

But the Simpsons are American. It's not about recognising other countries, but staying true to the tv show :)
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited December 2013
    I love the snow. It definitely makes me feel more festive in general. I think they pulled it off very nicely in the game.
  • jesslynco
    270 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    dpaulitzki wrote:
    I started playing this game in March of this year so I was not able to experience Christmas 2012. When December finally rolled around I was quite excited and antsy for the update thinking that the snow would put me in the holiday spirit. However i was mistaken, this just might be a biased opinion since i live in Canada and it has basically been a snow storm for the past week, but i want my bright and beautiful SF back. A couple days in and im already feeling that the snow makes everything look blaaah...

Just wondering where everyone else stands with the snow?

I love the snow! In game and in my yard right now. Doubt it goes away right after Xmas event. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought we had it through or until valentines event last year...
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    jesslynco wrote:
    dpaulitzki wrote:
    I started playing this game in March of this year so I was not able to experience Christmas 2012. When December finally rolled around I was quite excited and antsy for the update thinking that the snow would put me in the holiday spirit. However i was mistaken, this just might be a biased opinion since i live in Canada and it has basically been a snow storm for the past week, but i want my bright and beautiful SF back. A couple days in and im already feeling that the snow makes everything look blaaah...

I love the snow! In game and in my yard right now. Doubt it goes away right after Xmas event. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought we had it through or until valentines event last year...
    Yep, last time it went through until the beginning of February, the App Store update for Valentines Day was released.
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited December 2013
    I love the snow. :) There's never snow in the region of my country where I live and the snow reminds of all the vacations spent in the snow with my family.
  • benjaminsamms
    102 posts
    edited December 2013
    I grew up in Norhtern Maine and now live in sunny California. I love it as it brings back memories if actualy having a white Christmas.
  • zerudaa134
    58 posts
    edited December 2013
    This is my first time seeing snow in the game as well! I think it's nice. I especially love the snowing animation and the frozen water. I would have preferred even more snow though to make it look cleaner and less messy. The snow is very uneven on rooftops and trees. And I would have preferred if the flowers wasn't noticeable at all and just hidden underneath a cover of snow rather than have a protection thing over every single flower. I'm strongly considering removing the flowers to get a cleaner look. But overall i like it! :)

Also I think they should have given brockman a new 1h task... Working on a tan in a relaxing chair full of snow in december just feels so very very wrong...-.-'

Edit: I removed all my flowers and it looks a lot better now in my opinion :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    Are you kidding? It's a nice change from the every day town. I like having the snow. Sorry you live in a winter wonderland, but that's a dumb reason not to like it.
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I love the snow, as the other Aussies in here have mentioned, this is the only snow we will see so it's exciting :-) it snows at Christmas time in the show and I'm all for them staying true to that. It looks so Christmassy, everything is done so well right down to the smallest details, great job ea!
  • Dalekbuster523
    914 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    The snow really makes Springfield look pretty, especially Squidport, which is like some kind of winter paradise at the moment. I'd love it if EA offered the snow as a permanent decoration for in-game cash(not donuts).
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • nyarlathot555
    14 posts
    edited December 2013
    love it. wish it. was like this year round.
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited December 2013
    I love the snow and I want a cheat where there can be snow all year round.
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It seems different than last year, in a good way. Or maybe I just am crazy
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    dpaulitzki wrote:

I'm in Canada and I find your stereotype very misleading :mrgreen:

I like the snow. I like the flurries. And I like the howling wind.

PS- Are you also saying Canada as a whole now looks blaaah.....?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!