EA Forums - Banner

Do you still tap corn? Or are we all gripped with gift card fever?

Replies

• LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited December 2013
    I tap corn and sp tile if I see them.

Yep your one of my top neighbours too :D
  • psideresider
    218 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I still tap on corn if a neighbor has it. Same for sqidport tile or channel 6. I figure that tapping on the gift card only benefits me and I'm getting enough giftcards to get all of the prizes at the rate I'm going, so why not do something that benefits my neighbor where I can.
    I also tap longer timed buildings where I can also, before heading for brown houses, KEMs, etc.
    And I don't mind what is tapped in my town

This is how I feel. If I notice it, it's getting tapped. However, my neighbors are free to tap whatever they choose when visiting.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi peeps, just wondering if any body still hunts for corn or do the little gift cards drive you crazy and you just have to smash and grab them while you can?

My corn was ready 2 days after the reset, I was certain that no one would click my corn so I started a new town. I figured 3 clicks a day is still really good, especially after the reset, and people's crops suddenly being wiped out with a mysterious plague of locust :evil:

However I have 1 awesome neighbour who does click my corn :shock: (thank you biebel)

SSo now I have relocated the farm to the right side of my tree and built 20 brown houses on the left side of my tree. This way my neighbours can grab the cards and go, or click my corn if they wish. :D

What do you do? And what would you like your neighbours to do? Do you even care what they click?

I had no idea people had corn ready to tap right now ... The friends I have with corn before the event lost theirs when the event reset all the glitchables, and I assumed that it would be another 90 days before anyone had any. Yikes. I didn't think that through.

A word of advice ... It would be perfectly acceptable, manners-wise, for you to put your corn next to your tree and then your brown houses on the other side of the CORN. So that people would see your corn front-and-center, but the brown houses would still be in immediate view. This would help a lot, in my opinion. I can't imagine that would be seen as "pressure" ... Just convenience. Most people like to help. Give them every chance. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • marco_rosa833
    366 posts
    edited December 2013
    My policy is that I will tap Squidport tiles and corn but only if you place the Present Depot/spawn point right next to them.

After the wipe at the update, the overwhelming majority of former Squidport/corn neighbors have neither of these anymore and I'm too lazy to look for these things specifically for the ultra minority of players who escaped the reset.
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited December 2013
    [/quote]I had no idea people had corn ready to tap right now ... The friends I have with corn before the event lost theirs when the event reset all the glitchables, and I assumed that it would be another 90 days before anyone had any. Yikes. I didn't think that through.

A word of advice ... It would be perfectly acceptable, manners-wise, for you to put your corn next to your tree and then your brown houses on the other side of the CORN. So that people would see your corn front-and-center, but the brown houses would still be in immediate view. This would help a lot, in my opinion. I can't imagine that would be seen as "pressure" ... Just convenience. Most people like to help. Give them every chance. :)[/quote]

I was lucky, I was going to speed the corn up about 2-3 days before the update, I was getting impatient. Really glad I held off

This is what you see when you land in my town I didn't want the corn snakes taking an eye out as soon as someone landed. I think it's pretty neutral and both options stand out :D

[img]http://i.imgur.com/3UUpYXg.jpg[ /img] Epic fail with the pic...... Hmmmmm I'll keep trying lol[/img]
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Nipponnay703
    123 posts
    edited December 2013
    If I see corn, I'll tap it. Same with SP. For Channel 6 and farm at the moment - it depends on how generous I'm feeling at that moment in time, cos I'm after gift cards really. Saying that, I have tapped a fair few Channel 6's recently, but then I'll tap two buildings for the gift cards.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I had no idea people had corn ready to tap right now ... The friends I have with corn before the event lost theirs when the event reset all the glitchables, and I assumed that it would be another 90 days before anyone had any. Yikes. I didn't think that through.

A word of advice ... It would be perfectly acceptable, manners-wise, for you to put your corn next to your tree and then your brown houses on the other side of the CORN. So that people would see your corn front-and-center, but the brown houses would still be in immediate view. This would help a lot, in my opinion. I can't imagine that would be seen as "pressure" ... Just convenience. Most people like to help. Give them every chance. :)[/quote]

I was lucky, I was going to speed the corn up about 2-3 days before the update, I was getting impatient. Really glad I held off

This is what you see when you land in my town I didn't want the corn snakes taking an eye out as soon as someone landed. I think it's pretty neutral and both options stand out :D

3UUpYXg.jpg

Epic fail with the pic...... Hmmmmm I'll keep trying lol

[/quote]

I removed a space in your closing tag. Lets see if it worked. I'm on my whatchamacallit android instead of iPad ...
  • EchoShadow5
    14 posts
    edited December 2013
    I tap on corn or SP tiles then the gift cards.
    I wish people would do the same with my corn and SP.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Yaay that worked. Youre right about your landing zone arrangement. Couldn't be any clearer than that to tell people what you want!
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited December 2013
    Yaay that worked. Youre right about your landing zone arrangement. Couldn't be any clearer than that to tell people what you want!

Thank you, just sent you a thank you pm too, we must have both been typing at the same time lol :)

No idea why it didnt work, I tried with and without the space. Oh well you did it...YAY :D
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited December 2013
    Yeah...the giftcards and giftcard personal prizes are coming way faster than I had originally anticipated, so I have no problem tapping on corn/tile/farm/channel 6/stage if I see it in a neighbors town....ESPECIALLY if it is a neighbor that religiously taps on mine. I just got my Tile back today since it was cleared with the update, and I'm curious to see how many taps I get now with so many more visitors coming through. I might have to move my tree closer to make it even easier..
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited December 2013
    Yeah...the giftcards and giftcard personal prizes are coming way faster than I had originally anticipated, so I have no problem tapping on corn/tile/farm/channel 6/stage if I see it in a neighbors town....ESPECIALLY if it is a neighbor that religiously taps on mine. I just got my Tile back today since it was cleared with the update, and I'm curious to see how many taps I get now with so many more visitors coming through. I might have to move my tree closer to make it even easier..

Defiantly move your tree. My farm is now getting taps since I moved it :D yay
  • jacko_9997
    532 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    My corn got wiped for some reason :(
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited December 2013
    jacko_9997 wrote:
    My corn got wiped for some reason :(

Everyone who had grown corn before the Xmas update had it wiped out, mine matured 2 days after the update.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    What I do is look for the expensive buildings to tap so that they reset sooner for the owner.

If I dont find any, I'll tap whatever I can find so I can get the gift cards. Sometimes I'll spray
    paint a building if I know the person fairly well but gotta be careful since some people are
    touchy about graffiti.

I spread out the gift baskets as equally as I can and depending on my relationship with the
    tapper. If they've been a good neighbor, I'll give more. If I dont know them and they are some
    random person who I added just for christmas, I'll give less so that I have more to give for the
    neighbors that I know better or have been around longer.

I have put tapping corn/sp tile/channel 6 on hold until I complete the personal prizes then I'll
    start tapping them again. I dont see very many of them floating around as they have become
    quite rare.

• LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited December 2013

Defiantly move your tree. My farm is now getting taps since I moved it :D yay

i moved it immediately after i made this post, and i have already gotten a tap! this might work out nicely!
  • Aphra82
    61 posts
    edited December 2013
    How timely, I tapped your corn when I visited your town earlier Louise - and I hadn't even seen this thread! Feeling smug at my own good-neighbourly-ness now :lol: (Thanks for your return tap on my Ch6 btw!) Hardly any of my neighbours have corn now, it all got wiped out with the update.

I'm a bit more focussed on giftcards right now I must admit. I do still sometimes tap other people's farm/ch6 if I see them, I don't go hunting for them anymore though. I set up a couple of feeder towns to tap my own channel 6, but 1 or 2 neighbours (with lots of giftcards) have tapped it as well which is really nice of them. I certainly don't expect anyone to, so it's a bonus if they do. Most seem also focused on gift cards though!
  • pattimesseng
    132 posts
    edited December 2013
    I moved mine too. My corn will be ready in a little over 4 hours. Cletus's farm is now right where the game opens. So I'm hoping it gets tapped a lot! Good ideas from the peeps on this forum!

Anyone else who wants their corn tapped can add me as a friend.
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited December 2013
    Aphra82 wrote:
    How timely, I tapped your corn when I visited your town earlier Louise - and I hadn't even seen this thread! Feeling smug at my own good-neighbourly-ness now :lol: (Thanks for your return tap on my Ch6 btw!) Hardly any of my neighbours have corn now, it all got wiped out with the update.

I'm a bit more focussed on giftcards right now I must admit. I do still sometimes tap other people's farm/ch6 if I see them, I don't go hunting for them anymore though. I set up a couple of feeder towns to tap my own channel 6, but 1 or 2 neighbours (with lots of giftcards) have tapped it as well which is really nice of them. I certainly don't expect anyone to, so it's a bonus if they do. Most seem also focused on gift cards though!

Hee hee, hi neighbour, thank you for the tap. Yeah I'm the same if I get a click on my corn woohoo, and if people need cards and head for the houses thats fine too. Just wish gift bags were more forth coming :( at least then i could drop 5 bags and the corn clickers wouldn't be out of pocket, but I struggle just to return what people leave me :cry:
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited December 2013
    Aphra82 wrote:

Hee hee, hi neighbour, thank you for the tap. Yeah I'm the same if I get a click on my corn woohoo, and if people need cards and head for the houses thats fine too. Just wish gift bags were more forth coming :( at least then i could drop 5 bags and the corn clickers wouldn't be out of pocket, but I struggle just to return what people leave me :cry:

Along those same lines, when someone taps my tile or farm, i go and load up their town with 5 giftbags. That should make up for them losing the 10 gift cards for tapping my tile in the first place..
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!