EA Forums - Banner

Trash in Springfield

Prev1
Decoration.

Replies

• lariatg
    94 posts
    edited December 2012
    I believe folks use it for various effects. I find it unsightly personally but some don't and use it extensively.

It's all in how you like your Springfield to look!
  • HighlandsRabbit
    57 posts
    edited December 2012
    Some people use it for extra decoration. e.g. nuclear waste lying around the power plant.

eventually it becomes too much and most people just clean it up. Very rarely you will get a donut for cleaning up the waste.
  • tmbg75
    10 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have a real OCD issue with that trash and even though I buy the land because I have plans for it, I'm also buying it because I just want to clean it all up.

I'm not fond of nuclear power in real life, so in my Springfield, the waste needs to go.
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited December 2012
    I use it to decorate around my hillbilly compound and a bit by power plant, but that's it. Since the update I have removed some of it because you can see through the trees and it was a bit too much. It's pretty much a matter of personal taste.
  • HeatherABC
    25 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thanks everyone! I thought perhaps I was missing something. I'm in the OCD camp and have Lisa clean it up as soon as I buy an expansion.

• mitsuhoney
    261 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I actually think it looks messy to me so the moment I buy the land, (I make sure either Lisa or Homer are free) I clean it up cause I hate the look of it lol
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    A number of people aren't cleaning it up because you won't ever be able to get it back, and they think they might use it later on. I've seen quite a few cities where they've got all the trash/waste organized in a block, saving it for later.
  • JAMVAN5150
    326 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've cleaned most of it, but I am keeping some nuclear waste by the graveyard for the zombies.
  • El Jorge44
    189 posts
    edited December 2012
    I keep a couple piles of debris around the UFO wreckage and those cylinders that look like propane tanks around Cletus's yard. and of course some nuclear waste around the yard or leaking behind trash cans. beyond that it gets cleaned right away.
  • RJK62284
    59 posts
    edited December 2012
    I put the radioactive waste in the power plant parking lot and a bunch of other stuff around Nelson and Cletus.
  • dsoloud
    17 posts
    edited December 2012
    I always clean it up for the chance to get a donut :)
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited December 2012
    I believe some folks are "hoarding" the trash because they believe that performing the "Clean Up Springfield" task several times in a row will result in a higher yield of those dirty donuts you rarely find. I have a neighbor who appears to have saved *every*bit* of his trash. It's lined up neatly and categorized. Kinda strange, but whatever floats your boat! :)
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Decoration 8)

But i'm thinking of removing the nucleair wastes. I'll keep the other junk.
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    Very rarely you will get a donut for cleaning up the waste.

I just got one! Total surprise. :D
  • BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited December 2012
    The white barrels are my sheep for the farm.

I have my reindeer eating some of the green stuff.

I want to clean the rest, but it's really hard to control what Lisa and Homer get. I have waited until they were right near what I wanted gone, and even built a road leading them to it, and they still turned around and walked away and took my sheep. So, I have to leave it. I put it near the plant behind a roadblock.
    It would be nice if our characters would respect a fence.
  • dainish36
    7 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've got my waste all nice in Oder in line.
  • sandj_1234
    194 posts
    edited December 2012
    dsoloud wrote:
    I always clean it up for the chance to get a donut :)
    Same but its pretty hard to get em ive only got 4
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I hae gotten about 4 donuts cleaning up. I always clean up the trash. Not because I may get a donut but because I don't like the way it looks.
  • Awerka89
    6 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have them around my farm and recently put Nelsons house by the farm and surrounded that as well. I was going to clean it up for a change but kind of liked it when we got the Christmas update and just how much the colors stand out against the snow :D .
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    85415D78-94B7-49A4-AB50-956979277AE7-3858-000006515730D5D9.jpg

One man's trash, is another's art(?) Toxic Love anyone?

My thanks to players Roonil, and Nnhoang who's towns are inspiration for this piece. Not because they are trashy, quite the opposite, because of their clever use of trash.

Note, too, that I dug through the trash of posts to find an appropriate place to post. Or is that posts of trash?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.