EA Forums - Banner

Springfield Mall?

Ice skating rink only pays cash no cards aswell

Replies

• mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    st33lcas3 wrote:
    How come it only pays cash and not gift cards? Every other building pays cards, why not the Mall?

Probably because they introduced the coding for the gift collecting, before they put in the code for the Mall. Or something like that, I bet.
  • jaspiring385
    132 posts
    edited December 2013
    There's definitely a few bugs. You also get gift cards for spraying graffiti on neighbouring Springfields, but not for cleaning it up. Also, the Whacking Day snake does give cards, even though it didn't give out GOO in the Halloween event.
  • aljimo
    124 posts
    edited December 2013
    Also, the Whacking Day snake does give cards, even though it didn't give out GOO in the Halloween event.

How do you haunt a snake?
  • Snakeyees
    2332 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    aljimo wrote:
    Also, the Whacking Day snake does give cards, even though it didn't give out GOO in the Halloween event.

Very carefully...
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    aljimo wrote:

Make them watch Snakes on a plane, even snakes cant believe that movie got made
  • st33lcas3
    256 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Snakeyees wrote:

Really? I just started building the rink this morning so I didn't know.

You think they would push a small update to correct that.
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited December 2013
    st33lcas3 wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:

Really? I just started building the rink this morning so I didn't know.

You think they would push a small update to correct that.
    Agreed, this doesn't make any sense to me.
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    st33lcas3 wrote:
    How come it only pays cash and not gift cards? Every other building pays cards, why not the Mall?

Probably because they introduced the coding for the gift collecting, before they put in the code for the Mall. Or something like that, I bet.

Shouldn't matter and if it did it would be the other way round. They coded the Xmas buildings before modifying the gift module so forgot to set them to GiftCards = 1.

The gift collection coding is the same as the haunting/goo/cash collection one. It just displays different graphics depending on what the class attributes are, and whether an Event is in progress.

Each building is in a class 'Building' which all have the same attributes ie. Size, Colour1,Colour2, ShowsCash, ShowsCard etc. the value of each attribute varies for each building, but the ones that tell the game engine what would be displayed above each building for a visitor when building timer = 0h 0m 0s and VisitorDailyActions = 3, 2 or 1 are simple data columns with a 1 or a 0. So the items relating to a building for this event would be eg. ShowsCash, ShowsCards, ShowsCashRegister, IsBlank

Default value would be to show cash for houses or show Register for shops, but during an Event a building would be set to have values as follows, eg brown house:

ShowsCash = 0
    ShowsCards = 1
    ShowsCashRegister = 0
    IsBlank = 0

I suspect either someone has forgotten to set ShowsCards to 1 and so the Mall defaults to ShowsCashRegister = 1, or they decided that the Xmas items weren't going to pay out cards and it's deliberate.

Either way the game engine just renders your town and looks up the data tables for each building so the 'collection module' knows what to display above each building. It would be a tiny update to fix it, very easy, but I suspect if it is a mistake, they won't change it mid-event.
  • computingl152
    42 posts
    edited December 2013
    Fun game... bugs a plenty... for the top grossing EA game in Google play you think EA would pay top coders big bux to clean the code up. Takes them so long to fix major bugs and glitches. Slow down and pull 2 b-rips instead of 4 and get the personal prizes giving gift cards!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.