EA Forums - Banner

Guys, we have a problem

Prev1

Replies

• indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited December 2013
    It seems to me that when we hit the total shown, ALL the community prizes will be unlocked at once.

Either that, or (as I've theorized here before) there may be some kind of Christmas Eve / Christmas Day tie-in with The Grumple.

I'm not at all worried. I'm sure we'll be getting the community prizes, one way or another. :)
  • gregbuc350
    198 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    so -- you are saying they are extending Christmas until Feb 2014 ??!!? :)

I've read another thread: the counter is increasing slowly. And most folks think it will end up giving us all community gifts.

I hope...

Thanks for your Excel skillz !!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It seems to me that when we hit the total shown, ALL the community prizes will be unlocked at once
    I've seen you say this a couple times, and I'm not sure where you're getting this idea.

Exhibit A:
    b2954141-3577-4a6f-b607-fda3e98f6c61_zpsfc854be9.png
  • edited December 2013
    this is where you are wrong. Didn't you pay attention at the Halloween special?
    Also look at this page where you can clearly see different progressions for the community goals:
    http://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/The_Simpsons:_Tapped_Out_Christmas_2013_content_update#Community_Prizes

As a reference I have included the Halloween 2013 community prizes here: http://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/The_Simpsons:_Tapped_Out_Halloween_2013_content_update#Community_Prizes

EDIT: thanks neuroheart. what site is that btw?
  • timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited December 2013
    neuroheart wrote:
    It seems to me that when we hit the total shown, ALL the community prizes will be unlocked at once
    I've seen you say this a couple times, and I'm not sure where you're getting this idea.

Exhibit A:
    b2954141-3577-4a6f-b607-fda3e98f6c61_zpsfc854be9.png

Thx for posting the community prizes. That's the 1st I've seen of them. Pretty cool stuff.
    Can u post pics of the remaining 4 individual prizes I need?
    Just got the ice rink. 24 hr build time :(
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited December 2013
    Lmao, such worries
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    thanks neuroheart. what site is that btw?
    It's a screenshot of spAnser's community counter on his news site (tstonews, which I don't think I can post an actual link to because such posts tend to get deleted)
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited December 2013
    neuro - why on Earth would you trust anything on the community counter pop-up when we all already know the counter from Halloween was totally fake? There's no way the devs didn't do this math ahead of time, and if they've made it appear the community prizes are FAR out of reach, there's a reason, and it probably has to do with something that's going to happen in the game.

(I mean, 2.5 BILLION cards to get the cooling towers? How could that be anything but a dev in-joke?)

• Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited December 2013
    I am very sure that EA went to all the trouble creating content, setting up a community countdown, dangle this beautiful carrot right in front of our faces......only to not let us have it!! /sarcasm

:twisted:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    neuro - why on Earth would you trust anything on the community counter pop-up when we all already know the counter from Halloween was totally fake?
    Apologies, but you seem to have missed the point, that being that the totals given for each prize are distinct, and the highest one is 2,500,000,000, so they are NOT all unlocking at 450,000,000 which is what you assert.
  • edited December 2013
    I may be going out on a limb here but at the current speed we will be hitting the 450 000 000 gifts (not cards; apparently it only counts the gifts we put into other peoples towns) on 23rd to 24th december. Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe we get a big bonus or whatever. As I said: out on a limb.
  • barryriddl474
    4833 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Have some faith.

jeebus.jpg
  • wxjunkie0
    15 posts
    edited December 2013
    Wouldn't be surprised if on Christmas Day the counter began moving a lot faster -- either announced via the storyline (Homer could accidentally kick it into high gear from some sort of mishap), or it will just start moving faster on that day as a "gift" from EA. :shock:
  • NeiltonSantos11
    1113 posts
    edited December 2013
    Oh god
  • wcthesecret
    78 posts
    edited December 2013
    neuro - why on Earth would you trust anything on the community counter pop-up when we all already know the counter from Halloween was totally fake? There's no way the devs didn't do this math ahead of time, and if they've made it appear the community prizes are FAR out of reach, there's a reason, and it probably has to do with something that's going to happen in the game.

(I mean, 2.5 BILLION cards to get the cooling towers? How could that be anything but a dev in-joke?)
    no, 2.5 BILLION gift bags.
  • jaytay777
    190 posts
    edited December 2013
    A lot of people have been locked out of the game for this update so there isn't a full community playing.
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited December 2013
    no, 2.5 BILLION gift bags.

Cards, bags, whatever. It's still looking like a pretty obvious developer fake-out to me. :)
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited December 2013
    neuroheart wrote:
    Apologies, but you seem to have missed the point

No, actually YOU'RE missing MY point, which is that the details on that screen are moot if the totals shown aren't true. And since numerous obsessive players have already calcaluated it's mathematically impossible for us to reach all the prize totals, there's something fishy about the entire community prizes pop-up. IMO something else has to be going on and we can't take anything on that pop-up at face value.

Once you accept that my premise is the pop-up is not a reflection of reality (even if you disagree with me on that), there's no reason to argue particulars of the pop-up with me because I don't believe the figures shown there to begin with.
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm not sure if we'll get all the prizes now, the counter would have to suddenly speed up for that to happen. :(
    But what I really don't think is going to happen is unlock all prizes at 4.5 million gift bags or on Christmas Eve.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I just hope I can get all the personal prizes.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.