EA Forums - Banner

Changing Gameplay Philosophies

2Next

Replies

• mogibbins
    37 posts
    edited December 2012
    Never realised that when you tap a friends house that it resets their timer, AND IM LEVEL 24 lol!
    Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)
  • Mjoseph320
    16 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm also not tapping my decorated houses and I added an additional six brown houses to the two I already had just to have more available for neighbors. I've decorated all the houses but since I don't farm I only have one of every house except two white houses and, now, 8 brown houses. With 100 neighbors all on a Santa coin hunt I just want to make it a little easier for them without turning my town into a house-farm :D
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Now house farming is a nice sight when I visit friends, better chance of collecting coins faster.
  • MaggieLisa33
    101 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for explaining the whole timer thing and the benefit of tapping more expensive houses. I just started playing socially and that totally makes sense now. I will try to collect from more expensive decorated houses when available.

On my end, I did put in some extra brown houses near where visitors "land" and I don't mind people tapping the Simpsons house now while the coin collecting is going on.
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm amazed how many brown house farms have been built and jammed into the corner of people's towns lol

Yup, I did that a few hours ago to make it easier on my friends. I don't like farming, and don't have a lot of spare room in my moderately-sized Springfield, so I plopped my nuclear plant in storage and bought up 8 brown houses, just to make collecting a little easier for people. They will go away when the Christmas theme ends!
  • HRHJames
    71 posts
    edited December 2012
    caprici424 wrote:
    I'm amazed how many brown house farms have been built and jammed into the corner of people's towns lol

Yup, I did that a few hours ago to make it easier on my friends. I don't like farming, and don't have a lot of spare room in my moderately-sized Springfield, so I plopped my nuclear plant in storage and bought up 8 brown houses, just to make collecting a little easier for people. They will go away when the Christmas theme ends!

Caprici424, this is actually a great idea I might do the same. I've got plenty of house but not enough for the friends I do have; I've also stopped collecting from houses unless I see the handshake. I really dislike the look of farming houses but if it'll help others out then I'm all for it and I'm sure I can make it look tasteful if I tried.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    OK so thanks to you guys, I'm careful to find the high-timer houses and click those if they are decorated. However, I noticed that in my Springfield that without fail the Simpsons and Flanders houses are always with a handshake. Why? I logged into my sons' account and visited my Springfield.

I discovered that the first thing people see when they land are those two houses!

So I moved them way to the other end of my residential district. Now my brown house campground is the always with a handshake as are my high-timer houses if they are available when people visit.

Dcline414 - when I visit your Springfield, the first thing I see is Moes and the Police Station. Right above them within the same screen shot are the Simpsons and Flanders house. So I think it's not a matter of changing philosophy but more a matter of people just clicking the first decorated house they see.

What do you guys think?
  • la_dadaista
    153 posts
    edited December 2012
    hbkiddx69 wrote:
    Thanks for answering the handshake query, 999,

I asked the same thing in the FAQ section and got ZERO responses.

I guess the FAQ area here is only for. "ADD ME TOO" threads...

Actually this forum is a bit messy. Moderators are missing, the sections are unclear. The "general discussion" section is the most active, if you post something in the "FAQ" or "Game status" section you'll have to be a bit more patient in waiting for replies.
    thejudd67 wrote:
    All the same, if any of my friends read this and ever see the white house or the volcano lair is ready then feel free to go for those. :)

Done :wink:
  • la_dadaista
    153 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Dcline414 - when I visit your Springfield, the first thing I see is Moes and the Police Station. Right above them within the same screen shot are the Simpsons and Flanders house. So I think it's not a matter of changing philosophy but more a matter of people just clicking the first decorated house they see.

What do you guys think?

Not everyone is a caring neigbour. Before the update I moved my school and police station so that people could find them easily. Nevertheless there were people who didn't vandalize these buildings and looked for the brown houses... and there where caring neighbours who moreover looked for my Moe's and Town hall!
    I haven't made changes for this update. I'm planning a big overhaul for January :) I have five brown houses and they're scattered enough so it's easy to find them if one doesn't want to visit for a second time.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    OK so there are people who are actually hunting down the Simpsons and Flanders houses. I moved them clear to the other side of a 9x8 town and that means scrolling over when the brown houses are within eyeshot of the opening screen. So somebody searched for them and more than just somebody, the brown houses had dollar signs and the other two keep getting clicked.

Thanks guys, now I have something else to add to my frustration.

Actually problem should be solved after this event when I plan on cutting my friend list down...waaay down....because I can't keep building a huge and elaborate Springfield (I want an Alcatraz!) and still have 100 friends. The game server won't allow it. Bummer because I really hate having to cut the list down.
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I normally would vandalize when I visited a friends town (if possible) but did not know that about the houses during regular game play. Thanks for the tip!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.