EA Forums - Banner

Christmas Update Prices/Donuts/Santa Coins Compilation

Replies

• TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited December 2012
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    I posted this in another thread, but I'll repost here too...

100 friends = potentially 300 coins/day
    Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, Ned tasks can total around 70 coins/day
    Tree - 10 coins/day
    Houses - 65 coins/day (75 if you have Frinks Lab and the Volcano Lair)

That's potentially 445 coins a day without spending any donuts. Plus you get coin rewards for finishing xmas tasks on top of that.

In total, you'll need 4,850 coins to get everything. At 445/day, that's less than 11 days, and the event goes until the 3rd of January. If you were to keep at it until the event finished, you'd be able to get well over 10,000 coins without spending any donuts.
    Thanks for doing the math! So once I get the town fully decorated it comes down to how many friends with decorations I have. I've been adding people as I find them here, and pruning those that don't even have the Simpson house decked out by now.

I'm hoping this is like Halloween where it sounded like a lot until things really started rolling. I'm hoping Santas Little Helper and the three buildings will remain after the holidays at least. I could live with missing out on a Funzo.
  • Kevinz00
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    hi is anyonye else having thew problem were the game keeps adding time to your christmas tasks??? if so can anyone offer a suggestion on how to fix it
  • mitsuhoney
    261 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Just re-edited the original post it includes the total spent on donuts and santa coins as well as the strategy for the Christmas update! :)

By the way, this is taking me so slow to get everything, I really fear that I will not get everything in time, with the constant quests that I am required to do for everyone (and then they are the long ones too) I dont think I could make it to buy everything on time. The only home decoration I have up is Simpsons, Flanders, Van Housten and Cletus's Farm, the only other place where I could get santa coins from is the Christmas Tree and Santa's Village.

I have 3 brown, 6 white, 3 orange, 3 blue, 3 pink and 4 purple houses. I now have 70 santa coins (trying to save up to 150 so that I can decorate Willie's Shack, Muntz and Krabapple then continue with everything else) but it is taking me so long to even get coins right now...sigh...and I only have one friend who has decoration up.

Can anyone tell me how much I can get if I were to decorate (eventually) all my houses? Will it be better to decorate them all first and then continue with the quests (such as to get the Bowlarama which is next in line?)
  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited December 2012
    I decorated Simpsons, Flanders, and Brown houses first, then I bought Mapple and Bowlarama, then I decorated White Houses, and Purple Houses and that's where I am now.

Unfortunately, you only get 5 coins a day from each TYPE of house. So, I have 5 brown houses, but i only get 5 coins a day from them - not 25.

• mitsuhoney
    261 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    ^ Really? Uggh! Now that is very frustrating lol :(
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    mitsuhoney wrote:
    I only have one friend who has decoration up. in line?)

That's rough. You can always add new friends that have them up, no? I know quite a few of the people on here that I have added or added me have the decorations up. Just an idea!
  • mitsuhoney
    261 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    ^ True, there are quite a nice number of regulars on here (all who have happened to post in this) maybe I could ask them to be neighbors (I dont really see the need to make a thread on it though since there are so many "add me" threads lol)
  • MoopsDude
    328 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for putting that together :thumbup:
    Yes, THAT MoopsDude

I GRIND, It’s what I do
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited December 2012
    Glad to have the info in this thread. However, I am trying to figure out why I just paid 200 coins for Bowlerama (not complaining, just curious). Wondering if the prices have been adjusted? Anyone else experience this?
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Glad to have the info in this thread. However, I am trying to figure out why I just paid 200 coins for Bowlerama (not complaining, just curious). Wondering if the prices have been adjusted? Anyone else experience this?

Could be. They change prices all the time, so it's possible they received feedback that the xmas costs were too high and lowered them. Are you sure you paid just 200?
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited December 2012
    Absolutely positive, also guessing that after completing the "pin pals" quest I will get 10 coins as reward? Thus only paid 190 for it.
  • JimmymBean
    73 posts
    edited December 2012
    Not bad same concept as the Candy..

Donuts anyone?.. Save 50%
  • bwagner16
    79 posts
    edited December 2012
    No way can I keep anymore lol. This is a lot of work!
  • Veggiefox
    95 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for posting this info :)
  • mitsuhoney
    261 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for letting us know that the cost for Bowlarama is 200 now, will change that in the OP. :)
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited December 2012
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    You can really roll in the dough if you can visit a bunch of neighbors in a row without crashing. I'm not sure how many in a row I've been to, but I'm getting over $110 for each building I tap on currently. iPad4, FTW!

I apparently need a life. You can increase this by only tapping one building at a time; and then go to several more Springfields tapping one building at a time. The value per building goes up each time you enter a town. I was at $79 a building aft 20 or so towns.
  • nsusaint
    91 posts
    edited December 2012
    Bump
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    You can really roll in the dough if you can visit a bunch of neighbors in a row without crashing. I'm not sure how many in a row I've been to, but I'm getting over $110 for each building I tap on currently. iPad4, FTW!

I apparently need a life. You can increase this by only tapping one building at a time; and then go to several more Springfields tapping one building at a time. The value per building goes up each time you enter a town. I was at $79 a building aft 20 or so towns.

Haha, awesome. So technically, you could increase it 300 times? I wonder what the per building payout would be at that point?
  • jjjett2
    23 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thank you for this! I appreciate everybody's efforts!! This is a great list for everything we'll need. Any news on whether or not the coin items will turn into cash items, seeing as they're not "limited time?"
  • mitsuhoney
    261 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    ^ They most likely will, but will probably be a lot of cash for it compared to the cost of Santa Coins they are.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.