EA Forums - Banner

Has anyone noticed this yet?

2Next

Replies

  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited December 2013
    LuGer33 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    LuGer33 wrote:
    There's definitely an order, not sure if it's based on when the player unlocked them. I always seem to get them in logical groups though, like Ned then Rod and Todd, Wiggum then Lou and Eddie.

    Yeah...maybe they're sorted by the Collection groups... But Moleman seems to be slotted between the two aliens, which doesn't make sense..
    Or does it? Perhaps the writers are trying to tell us something..

    Thought so too lol
  • cbecker13
    20 posts
    edited December 2013
    Here is what I've noticed:

    If a character has a task/mission, they are bumped to the front of the line
    If a character was selected (either manually or via the selector) and you decided not to send them on a task, they are moved to the back of the queue
    Otherwise, the normal order in which they appear is the order in which YOU unlocked them (not when they became available in the game)

    I'd love to hear of there are any more refinements/rules that people have noticed, but these have accurately predicted who I'm going to get next every time I've paid attention =)
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6269 posts Moderator
    edited December 2013
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Then I noticed that Fat Tony always (for me) comes right before Legs and Louie, but I know he was available before that as premium.

    Fat Tony was never premium. He was released free as a episode tie-in last year during the Penny Wiseguys update. They then re-released him again when Legs & Louie came out
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited December 2013
    cbecker13 wrote:
    Otherwise, the normal order in which they appear is the order in which YOU unlocked them (not when they became available in the game)

    Definitely not, at least not for me. Just a glance at my list posted above shows it's not the case: It's no way Patty and Selma were unlocked before Skinner, Smithers before Burns or the Indian Chief (a Thanksgiving limited time character) before Booberella (a Halloween limited time character). To cite just three very obvious examples.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I, too, love that they have the characters with waiting task-book assignments at the front, AND exclamation-pointed (making up words as I go along).

    I ALSO love that the task-book assignments themselves are at the top of that character's pop-up box AND bolded, yellow font!

    This whole character-assignment part of the update was really well thought through, and includes features I'd never thought of. If they were mentioned here in the forum, I missed them.

    Thumbs up to the EA programmers on this one!
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Cujo038
    64 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Marge is usually at the end for me, along with krusty in the back 10, which is not anything like how I unlocked them. So here is a slightly different , yet still needs to be tested to see if true, hypothesis. Perhaps it's not when you unlocked them, but the order in which you placed them. For example if I store a building it will push characters to the back of the list, which is why duffman would be so close to the front of mine because I never stored him.. I did however store Moe's bar before christmas so marge and moe would be near the back.. . So perhaps to tweek the order in which you want your characters to appear would be by storing the characters out of place. however this does not explain why characters would randomly change places... such as moleman slotting in between Kang and Kodos... Realistically who knows how it happens... This also doesn't explain why the list is so similar with other members, i doubt we all store the same buildings..

    Probably needs some more in field testing to determine (if any at all) ways to manipulate the character order of appearance in the search function.
  • cripnite
    382 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It seems that paired tasks give you the person who initiates it first (ie Maude getting revenge on Homer, Smithers exercise for mr burns), this is a plus because it's a hassle to free people up when you did it in the wrong order.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited December 2013
    cripnite wrote:
    It seems that paired tasks give you the person who initiates it first (ie Maude getting revenge on Homer, Smithers exercise for mr burns), this is a plus because it's a hassle to free people up when you did it in the wrong order.

    Burns and Smithers have two shared tasks, though, and the 10-hour one is initiated by Burns rather than Smithers.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited December 2013
    Cujo038 wrote:
    Marge is usually at the end for me, along with krusty in the back 10, which is not anything like how I unlocked them. So here is a slightly different , yet still needs to be tested to see if true, hypothesis. Perhaps it's not when you unlocked them, but the order in which you placed them. For example if I store a building it will push characters to the back of the list, which is why duffman would be so close to the front of mine because I never stored him.. I did however store Moe's bar before christmas so marge and moe would be near the back.. . So perhaps to tweek the order in which you want your characters to appear would be by storing the characters out of place. however this does not explain why characters would randomly change places... such as moleman slotting in between Kang and Kodos... Realistically who knows how it happens... This also doesn't explain why the list is so similar with other members, i doubt we all store the same buildings..

    This sounds quite possible, but I still doubt it. While I actually remember storing Krusty and Cletus fairly recently, I don't think I had Moe's or SVT any time recently. Also, Homer (who cannot be stored) is somewhere in the middle for me.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited December 2013
    I've noticed snake is out of order in mine as well. We all seem to be coming up with different orders. I looked at Whiplash's and its WAYYY different from mine. oh well myth BUSTED
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited December 2013
    Part of the problem is that the list itself will constantly change. If you don't realize one of your characters is on a task, they won't show up (and there are so many to keep track of). And anybody who has a new task will jump to the front.

    But the general rule definitely appears to be when they became available / when they were acquired. Most people seem to agree that this describes their list, more-or-less.
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited December 2013
    Have not paid much attention to the sequence of the characters. What I did notice is that if a character is about to trigger a task, It is the first with an exclamation point. Very helpful
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!