EA Forums - Banner

New device showing wrong game

Are you getting the 'There is a town already found in this device, is this yours?' error ?
If you are, you could try saying no and clicking on new game, this used to fix that specific problem, but I thought those issues were solved.
Other than that I suggest you contact customer service and hope for the best.

Replies

• dtj507
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi. Thanks for replying. No, he doesn't get that message. Just the basic sign in with email and password, the welcome back message and then on to someone else's game. He's just signed back in on his original iphone and straight away onto the correct game! Very confusing! :?
  • edited December 2013
    Very strange indeed, it's kind of hard to fathom how that can even happen, seeing that the town is linked to your account.
    I hope you have luck contacting support.
  • dtj507
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It is very strange. There are 3 tappers in this house and we are all confused as how on earth this can actually happen. One for the mystery books! Another strange thing is that the galaxy tab he's having trouble with was given to him by his son who has been playing his own tapped out game both on the tab and an ipad with absolutely no problems for months!! Ah well, thank you for trying to help. Have a good Christmas! x
  • 121ProcessDenied
    57 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I had a weird thing happen with one of my accounts. I had made an account for my anonymous town because I had a lot of cards and I wanted to be able to give them away. Everything went correctly, I made friends with my other accounts and family, then all of a sudden my password wasn't working. I changed it and I got the message on my iPad if I wanted to connect a town which was my other anonymous town and not the one that was connected to that email. I kept telling it no, then I tried it on a kindle fire and it didn't ask me and automatically connected the wrong town with a different name. I am still friends with my original town, but I can't get to it. I think I had created an account a long time ago using that email with a different game. I think I'm going to call ea and see if it can be worked out. It is sad to see it every day but only able to play the infant account.
  • dtj507
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    The mysteries of the internet and computers and tabs etc. sometimes wonderful but mostly damn bloody annoying! :twisted:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.