EA Forums - Banner

Being a "Good" Neighbor?

IMHO, a "good" neighbor gives you at least one gift bag when they harvest your town. Oh yeah, I keep track...I know who leaves me 5 and who leaves me none (and yes, I know how to check). I don't always have enough gift bags to leave 5, but they definitely get more than one. I'm sorry that I can't answer your questions, but I just wanted to throw in my 2¢. :)

Replies

• Nipponnay703
    123 posts
    edited December 2013
    If you tap a brown house, then say the Burns manor, you get the same amount of cash and XP, but your neighbour will benefit more from the Burns tap. When you tap a building, it resets the timer of that building, so once they clear your handshake, the timer won't reset to the max time and your neighbour won't have to wait as long to be able to collect on that building again. This makes miniscule difference to a house with a few minutes regeneration time, but makes a huge difference when the regeneration time is 24+ hours. That's also why some people don't like it when their neighbours tap on their houses within house farms, because it messes up the house farm's schedule and instead of being ready at the same time, some houses will be out of sync.

Hope that makes sense! :)
  • TomatoGravy
    76 posts
    edited December 2013
    I really dont notice or care which houses or buildings my neighbors tap, i only notice if they tap the news station, or eggnog bar.

I never remember who gave me bags, unless they leave a group of three or more. I have been saving my gift bags until i get around 100, so i can give all my neighbors at least one.

If i didn't do this, i would wind up gifting the first 20 or so friends in my list over and over.
  • CrankyCoder
    35 posts
    edited December 2013
    Here's what I do to try to be a good neighbor:

1) I visit daily (ok, usually daily. There's times where I miss a day here and there)

2) during "events" I try to do things that help neighbors towards collection of whatever. Unfortunately, gift bags are so thin at times, I can't give everyone one, so I prioritize based on who gives me one+, who taps high value items( more on that next ), etc

3) My what to tap priorities

- During an event I look for high value targets. Anything that takes 4+ hours to pay out. The Simpson House takes 45 seconds to pay out. If you tap it, that resets the 45 second timer again. In all likelyhood I'm not going to be able to collect that first payout before the next payout is ready, and they don't stack up.

- During normal gameplay I look for the following items to tap first:
      [li]Squidport Tile[/li][li]News Station[/li][li]Farm[/li][li]Stage[/li][li]Something I can Spray paint[/li]

That's just my take on things
  • kungpao214
    301 posts
    edited December 2013
    If they visit me and do anything on a frequent basis, they're a good neighbor. I'm easy going. If i happen to talk to them through PM or Origin Chat or the forum I generally find out what they prefer for their towns and vice versa. These are my Great neighbors. Keepers, if you will. I find that neighbor activity springs to life during events and tapers off a whole bunch in between. It's a game. I'm not taking it that seriously. If they are that picky, they can drop me and add others. It's how the game works and i won't lose sleep over it.

So to answer your question. It depends on who the neighbor is that you want to be good to as to their definition of it. Some are more easy going than others.
  • JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited December 2013
    That's also why some people don't like it when their neighbours tap on their houses within house farms, because it messes up the house farm's schedule and instead of being ready at the same time, some houses will be out of sync.

and that's why when i have house farmer friends, i tap right in the middle...

>>im a bad naighbor<<<
  • Nipponnay703
    123 posts
    edited December 2013
    That's also why some people don't like it when their neighbours tap on their houses within house farms, because it messes up the house farm's schedule and instead of being ready at the same time, some houses will be out of sync.

and that's why when i have house farmer friends, i tap right in the middle...

>>im a bad naighbor<<<

Haha. Can't say I'm completely innocent of doing that myself! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.