EA Forums - Banner

getting wrong prize from spin a wheel?

Prev1
Hello,
I have written also to admins here and to EA support too, but it seems that nobody is willing to help or give us what we should get...
My messages to admins and EA support:

Hello there,
Im sorry to write like this but I have very weird issue right now with The Simpsons: Tapped Out
I have written yesterday to EA support about this and they said that Ill get help from you guys here...
PLEASE FIX THIS TWO BUGS ITS REALLY UNFAIR AND GIVE ME Mr. Plow ATLEAST
I hope is not bad to copy my case but it is the only way.
MY CASE: I did not get what I should get!

You: Hello,
Today I have bought with donuts 4 spin tokens. From spin I should get Mr. Plow but instead of this costume I get then Marge Snowman even when arrow whas pointing at Mr. Plow... then I tried it again but instead of Helter Shelter I get 1000 dollars... Its not fair and I hope that you can fix or solve this weird two bugs. :/
12/18/13 at 12:10 PM

Advisor: Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I have gone through your issue and came to know that you have purchased the 4 Spin Tokens with the Donuts. From these Spin Tokens you should get Mr. Plow but instead of this you got the Marge Snowman. Also when tried to get the Helter Sheltr you got the 1000 Dollars. I know it could be upsetting. But don't worry we are here to assist you.

Actually, we at customer support are well trained to handle account, billing and technical issues so this is quite difficult for us to know the root cause of the problem. Please post this issue to our official game forum which can be located below:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/233.page

The reason why I am insisting to post the concern on the forum is that these forums are regularly monitored by development team and EA community itself. This is the best and quickest way to bring any issue into their notice. Once the issue will be reviewed by them, you will be getting an effective resolution. So, I request you to please keep your eyes to game forum so that you can fix your issue.

Replies

• jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm having the same problem but can't find any help anywhere
  • 121ProcessDenied
    57 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It is awful.. I had the wheel actually jump over good prizes three times in a row. It hasn't happened lately but with only three prizes left, I don't think I will ever get the Claus building. I keep getting 1,000 dollars or 50 gift cards.
  • PunAndGames
    10 posts
    edited December 2013
    I had this problem too. The pointer clearly landed on Snow Monster, but it gave me brown house instead.
  • froggedout
    13 posts
    edited December 2013
    I just had a similar occurrence. The arrow clearly landed on helter shelter, but I received $1000. I typically am not one to complain, but I have been putting in some serious time trying to get these prizes, with little luck so far aside from snowmen which I care little about.

Being an everyday player for over a year, as well as a donut purchaser, I can only hope EA resolves these issues we are having, so everyday players do not lose faith in the integrity of the game.

I'm not sure how to directly file an issue with EA, but for the first time I find myself willing to do so.
  • edited December 2013
    I'm glad I'm not only one got this issue.
  • XEyes_OnlyX
    1 posts
    edited December 2013
    yea this has happened to me twice now. ripoff. i emailed EA and they did nothing, nor will they.
  • brneyedgirl81
    12 posts
    edited December 2013
    I am having the same problem. Initially it happened with the Helter Shelter last Tuesday:
    o9fs.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/o9fs.jpg/

I didn't write in because the only prize I really want is Mr. Plow (and after him the Plow King). I figured the rest would come with time. But tonight, after getting nothing but money and gift cards for days, I finally got Mr. Plow! Except it was glitched again:

5yu2.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img689/3269/5yu2.jpg

5yu2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I wrote to customer support, expecting that they would give me Mr. Plow due to this obvious glitch. However, I was told that I was, in fact, given the correct prize because "due to the connectivity issue the rotating wheel did not show you in your game but actually on our server it continuously rotates and hence you got the correct one." Of course, I did not have a connectivity issue and saw the wheel spin and stop on Mr. Plow. When I wrote back to tell them the explanation made no sense, they told me to come to the forum since the developers are here constantly.

I hope the developers are reading this. The wheel part of this game is very frustrating. I understand that the odds are favored towards certain slots on the wheel (which are now occupied by money and gift cards on my wheel), but in that case, they should not have made a wheel at all. Spinning a wheel with 10 slots should give a 1/10 chance of spinning each slot. If the odds were going to be so slanted, they should have had us draw prizes from a hat, used mystery stockings or mystery boxes, or had a slot machine. Nobody would have expected equal odds with any of those methods. The wheel implies 1/10, which is setting up people's expectations.

Also, losing repeatedly (and yes, getting in-game money and gift cards is losing) is not fun. It is especially frustrating to think that you have finally won the coveted prize, only for a glitch to deprive you of the prize and give you the dreaded gift card or money AGAIN. And when I write to customer service, I expect a more satisfying answer than "it is supposed to work that way, even though you saw yourself winning the prize" and being told to post on the forum because there is nothing they can do. That isn't good customer service at all. So, fails on multiple levels on this one. Hopefully I will end up with Mr. Plow and Plow King before the end of the event, but if not, I'm not sure I will be continuing to play a game that cares so little about the customer experience.

Edited because pics won't load. Apparently ever.
  • brneyedgirl81
    12 posts
    edited December 2013
    I am having the same problem. Initially it happened with the Helter Shelter last Tuesday:

2m651ue.jpg

I didn't write in because the only prize I really want is Mr. Plow (and after him the Plow King). I figured the rest would come with time. But tonight, after getting nothing but money and gift cards for days, I finally got Mr. Plow! Except it was glitched again:

r9oavb.jpg

1114jnm.jpg

I wrote to customer support, expecting that they would give me Mr. Plow due to this obvious glitch. However, I was told that I was, in fact, given the correct prize because "due to the connectivity issue the rotating wheel did not show you in your game but actually on our server it continuously rotates and hence you got the correct one." Of course, I did not have a connectivity issue and saw the wheel spin and stop on Mr. Plow. When I wrote back to tell them the explanation made no sense, they told me to come to the forum since the developers are here constantly.

I hope the developers are reading this. The wheel part of this game is very frustrating. I understand that the odds are favored towards certain slots on the wheel (which are now occupied by money and gift cards on my wheel), but in that case, they should not have made a wheel at all. Spinning a wheel with 10 slots should give a 1/10 chance of spinning each slot. If the odds were going to be so slanted, they should have had us draw prizes from a hat, used mystery stockings or mystery boxes, or had a slot machine. Nobody would have expected equal odds with any of those methods. The wheel implies 1/10, which is setting up people's expectations.

Also, losing repeatedly (and yes, getting in-game money and gift cards is losing) is not fun. It is especially frustrating to think that you have finally won the coveted prize, only for a glitch to deprive you of the prize and give you the dreaded gift card or money AGAIN. And when I write to customer service, I expect a more satisfying answer than "it is supposed to work that way, even though you saw yourself winning the prize" and being told to post on the forum because there is nothing they can do. That isn't good customer service at all. So, fails on multiple levels on this one. Hopefully I will end up with Mr. Plow and Plow King before the end of the event, but if not, I'm not sure I will be continuing to play a game that cares so little about the customer experience.

Edited to get the pics working.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It is not a glitch but poor design. You are not getting the prize that the flapper points to but the prize in line with the hinge. Completely opposite of expectation but Krusty is not known to spend money for great developers
  • brneyedgirl81
    12 posts
    edited December 2013
    It is not a glitch but poor design. You are not getting the prize that the flapper points to but the prize in line with the hinge. Completely opposite of expectation but Krusty is not known to spend money for great developers
    So glad you stepped in to side with... who, the developers? Whether a glitch or poor design, the wheel does not give the expected prize. When you spin a wheel, it is where the "flapper" points that indicates what is won (see: Wheel of Fortune for a nightly example. If it ticks over to bankrupt, you're in trouble. But if it doesn't tick over, you don't lose all your money). That's what this thread is about. It doesn't make it better that it is poorly designed. And although Krusty is not known to spend money for great developers, he also would be sued repeatedly and probably be broke if he did the things in the show in real life. EA, on the other hand, is a real company with real customers who have real expectations and do not like to be ripped off. At least Krusty is up front about it. I was told to report this on the bug forum, so I complied.
  • petacrazy
    38 posts
    edited December 2013
    I am very upset because twice I had spun the wheel and it landed on premium items and I was given $1000 cash and 50 gift cards instead. I was so excited because I spun the wheel and it landed on the abominal snow beast and when I was suppose to collect it I got $1000 cash instead. The second time I landed on Barney G. The same thing happened and I was given 50 gift cards. Now all I ever get is $1000 cash every time I spin the wheel. I have won thousands of dollars which I do not need (seeing I have almost 4,000,000 in cash) and still have not got the two items I wanted and won fairly. I have over 56000 gift cards and only cash to show for it. If I do not get those two items before the wheel ends, this game is going to lose an avid daily player. All I hear and see is how a lot of people get premium items on scratch cards, balloon pops, and the spin wheel and they are not as dedicated as I am. I can honestly say I have only one the grand prize on the scratch ticket 3 times in a year and I have only won 5 donuts once on the ballon pop in I krustyland. Fix this issue and please give me what I had won......
  • Hendri1992
    285 posts
    edited December 2013
    I don't have this problem at all? Right the first time I won mr. Plow. After a few times I won King Plow (don't have the Barney character though...)
    I've got all the prices on this wheel. Never had one problem.. Lucky me.
  • petacrazy
    38 posts
    edited December 2013
    Again I can't believe this happened again. If I knew how to screen shot from my phone I would but this is it. Out of 13 damn tokens all I got was the 50 gift cards, 1000$ cash, and when it landed on the same thing Barney G. And abominal snow beast I got the cash and cards. How is it that other players get these and I win it fair and square it does it again..... I am starting to hate this game. It's a set up... I am so more than pissed. All I want are those two items and could care less for the other things.
  • petacrazy
    38 posts
    edited December 2013
    Still happening posted in another forum to get answers. It's happened twice for each item and now all I get is money and gift cards. I don't need any money I have millions...,,,, wth is there anyone working this issue......
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited December 2013
    petacrazy wrote:
    I am very upset because twice I had spun the wheel and it landed on premium items and I was given $1000 cash and 50 gift cards instead. I was so excited because I spun the wheel and it landed on the abominal snow beast and when I was suppose to collect it I got $1000 cash instead. The second time I landed on Barney G. The same thing happened and I was given 50 gift cards. Now all I ever get is $1000 cash every time I spin the wheel. I have won thousands of dollars which I do not need (seeing I have almost 4,000,000 in cash) and still have not got the two items I wanted and won fairly. I have over 56000 gift cards and only cash to show for it. If I do not get those two items before the wheel ends, this game is going to lose an avid daily player. All I hear and see is how a lot of people get premium items on scratch cards, balloon pops, and the spin wheel and they are not as dedicated as I am. I can honestly say I have only one the grand prize on the scratch ticket 3 times in a year and I have only won 5 donuts once on the ballon pop in I krustyland. Fix this issue and please give me what I had won...... :evil: :evil:
    It's impossible to get premium items from scratch cards - the only winnings are money (in regular scratchers) or donuts (from golden scratchers). Perhaps you're thinking of mystery boxes - it took me about a year to get the best prize possible there (squeeky voiced teen) though I can't complain about that. Side show you with the balloons only gives 5 donuts rarely (I've had it twice but have never missed a turn) and nothing else other than tokens. The spin wheel is a bit hit & miss. I've only had one instance where the pointer was pointing at the snowman & got $1000 but that could be that the wheel doesn't go on where the point of the pointer is but where the base is - the pointer was at an angle when pointing to the snowman. The plow king thing may be if you don't have Barney yet as plow king is a costume for a character you need to already have to use.

I still don't like that the money amount is only $1000
  • petacrazy
    38 posts
    edited December 2013
    Again this issue occurred this time I won the small building and it gave me $1000 cash. This is getting to be ridiculous and starting to * me off greatly.. I have a picture this time and don't know how to post it here....
  • petacrazy
    38 posts
    edited December 2013
    Thx for the info I have not complained ever till this event and what I can honestly say is it happened again. It was pointing to helter shelter in the middle and again I got $1000 cash. I have opened a case and they referred me here. Now this has happened 5 times. All I get now is $1000 cash every time. Everyday if I visit friends and collect often I end up with at least 4 tokens daily. Every day all I get is cash. I am so done with this. I play more than most seeing I don't have my job and finished my degree. So all I do is apply for jobs and play when bored. Gift boxes all I get is cash, trees, garbage can, and more cash. Never got anything worthwhile.
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I've had this happen many times (Yeti and Claus Co) and keep getting the run around by EA. I was told in the email I just received to post my comment here and developers would get with me shortly. Yea, right. I guess they think we'll just give up and leave them alone. Not happening. I spend too much money on this game and I'm sick of the run around.
  • Tienstoe
    1 posts
    edited January 2014
    :evil: IM REALLY MAD ABOUT THE WHEEL!!! ONLY CASH OR GIFT CARDS... WHEN YOU HAVE THE GOOD THING THE WHEEL GIVE YOU SOMETHING ELSE... HONESTLY I WILL REMOVE THIS GAME FOREVER.. I GOT THIS SINCE THE BEGINING... THATS A SHAME EA
  • Kettiekett
    3 posts
    edited January 2014
    Spun the yeti, but received $1000. Contacted EA Support with a screen shot and they suggested I post here.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.