EA Forums - Banner

Christmas Update (COMPLETE Walkthrough)

Replies

• Fettster777
    510 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    How do you unlock Plow King? I unlocked the Plow King truck, does this start the quest?

I have Barney already.

On the Krusty Wheel I only have Mr. Plow and Snow Monster left.
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    How do you unlock Plow King? I unlocked the Plow King truck, does this start the quest?

I have Barney already.

Barney Plow King will on the Krusty Wheel after you unlock mr. Plow
  • HQmer
    81 posts
    edited December 2013
    For part 18 you don't have to send either of Homer or Lisa to hide in the treehouse to be able to send the townspeople to search for them. This way you can continue to send Homer and Lisa on their own concurrent 8 hour gift card earning tasks instead of having one or both of them stuck in the treehouse for days not earning anything; and you won't have to worry about accidentally tapping and ending the part 18 task.
  • Fate_919
    20 posts
    edited December 2013
    For part 18, once everyone in springfield finish hunt for the Simpsons, will it said "DONE" in the taskbook and cannot be redo?

Also can Homer do Mr plow quest line instead of hiding in treehouse during being hunted?
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Fate_919 wrote:
    For part 18, once everyone in springfield finish hunt for the Simpsons, will it said "DONE" in the taskbook and cannot be redo?

Also can Homer do Mr plow quest line instead of hiding in treehouse during being hunted?

part will say "done' but you can still redo it as long as Homer/Lisa task is not done and yes you can just do Mr. Plow instead
  • Fate_919
    20 posts
    edited December 2013
    Fate_919 wrote:

part will say "done' but you can still redo it as long as Homer/Lisa task is not done and yes you can just do Mr. Plow instead

Thank you very much :D I will send all everyone to do the hunt,let Lisa keep doing her GC task and start the Mr Plow's task now!! :)
  • Dj_Virile
    78 posts
    edited December 2013
    Edited - Nevermind =D
  • karlscha
    16 posts
    edited December 2013
    Not sure if this has been posted, but for part 18, having people hunt for the Simpsons, I have done it 5 times now. Talk about a cash (gift card) cow. Seems to keep working as long as you don't complete the mission for Homer & Lisa in the tree house. I just keep avoiding clicking the thumbs there. :)
  • samanthatab
    1 posts
    edited December 2013
    I started playing yesterday and I should be able to reach at least 6k gift cards by today (I have the mall built). I'm building Krusty Burger right now. Is it possible for me to get this event done with the time left?
  • marcusz84
    32 posts
    edited December 2013
    Just finished level 16 and now have a mission for Lisa to "ponder the meaning of Christmas" for 24hours, is this the prelude to level 17? Thanks
  • 121ProcessDenied
    57 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I have completed the level that you have to open 50 presents and it cleared but Homer doesn't seem to want to trigger the next part.
  • SF49ers831
    7 posts
    edited December 2013
    SF49ers831
    roganator1116
    salinas14831
    sam83148

Play daily and will accept all requests and send gifts
  • mbi3003
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I have completed the level that you have to open 50 presents and it cleared but Homer doesn't seem to want to trigger the next part.

Same thing. I'm confused
  • sarniak9
    49 posts
    edited December 2013
    Had homer do 24 task. had everyone search for simpsons... probably for 3 days now... sent lisa to krusty land, leaving her there... so I can continue to get 27 gc per person every 8 hours....
  • michelleann68
    13 posts
    edited December 2013
    seanpaulz wrote:
    I completed the "Overeat" task and now Moe is not triggering the next task. Tried closing out completely but still nothing. Any suggestions?

I postes this 4 posts earlier

All of you who are having issues getting quests to trigger: Here are 3 steps to take that have worked for me:

1) Make sure everyone is off their task (this is for all the "send all characters" tasks) and the next task should trigger
    2) Go to KL and return to SF, as this seems to work
    3) Send the person who is supposed to trigger the next task on their shortest task.

I am having trouble with Homer after completing Task 20.
    1) I have ALL my residents free
    2) I have gone to KL multiple times, I have even had Homer do some clean up in KL, and then when i return to SP, he just wanders - no prompting.
    3) I have had home play with his my pad and do the 60 min task in each of his skins
    4) I have left the game and returned, with the time being as little as 5 mins and as much as 8 hours (I have been trying for 2 days)
    5) I have just undecorated ALL buildings and houses, tried on iphone and kindle and still not triggering Homer.

any ideas?
  • acebrooker
    69 posts
    edited December 2013
    Thank you!
  • shebbierocks
    18 posts
    edited December 2013

I have Barney already.

I don't have Barney, butni have the skin will I be able to use it or no.. , thanks!
  • AngusWLee
    88 posts
    edited December 2013
    seanpaulz wrote:
    I completed the "Overeat" task and now Moe is not triggering the next task. Tried closing out completely but still nothing. Any suggestions?

2) I have gone to KL multiple times, I have even had Homer do some clean up in KL, and then when i return to SP, he just wanders - no prompting.
    3) I have had home play with his my pad and do the 60 min task in each of his skins
    4) I have left the game and returned, with the time being as little as 5 mins and as much as 8 hours (I have been trying for 2 days)
    5) I have just undecorated ALL buildings and houses, tried on iphone and kindle and still not triggering Homer.

any ideas?

Part 20 is the last part of "Too much of a good thing" questline, so you won't have next part to trigger.

The "Holiday Trappings" quest is a different quest. Mine was triggered as soon as the Christmas update arrived way back, which asked me to (purchase and) place six decorations. Then it was completed.

Similarly, "The Face of the Holidays" quest is a different quest. Mine was triggered when I got my first facade from the Wheel. This quest has actually 3 parts: the 1st part requires two facades, the 2nd part requires 5 facades, and the 3rd part requires 10 facades.
  • AngusWLee
    88 posts
    edited December 2013

I don't have Barney, butni have the skin will I be able to use it or no.. , thanks!

I don't have Barney, too. But from what I read in this forum, you cannot use the skin if you do not have Barney.
  • michelleann68
    13 posts
    edited December 2013
    AngusWLee wrote:
    seanpaulz wrote:

any ideas?

Part 20 is the last part of "Too much of a good thing" questline, so you won't have next part to trigger.

The "Holiday Trappings" quest is a different quest. Mine was triggered as soon as the Christmas update arrived way back, which asked me to (purchase and) place six decorations. Then it was completed.

Similarly, "The Face of the Holidays" quest is a different quest. Mine was triggered when I got my first facade from the Wheel. This quest has actually 3 parts: the 1st part requires two facades, the 2nd part requires 5 facades, and the 3rd part requires 10 facades.

Thanks for the clarification, I shall re christmasfy my Springfield and send everyone back out to work. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.