EA Forums - Banner

What I hate....

lol, Yeah that is so annoying, I find Milhouse is the culprit as he blands in to most of my village...little rat!!

Replies

• lrc1
    122 posts
    edited December 2012
    I tend to make the buildings and decor transparent to make sure I have got everyone. They are pretty hard to miss if you do that.
  • mattmcshane
    428 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    colinbburt wrote:
    lol, Yeah that is so annoying, I find Milhouse is the culprit as he blands in to most of my village...little rat!!

I call him the stupid little weiner kid (in Homers voice) because he is always the one that is missing.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited December 2012
    The problem for me now is Luigi because everything is covered in snow and he's wearing white. Sometimes I have to scroll around my Springfield a couple of times before I can find him.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    lol I'm glad I'm not the only one! I don't mean losing them because you forgot what tasks you sent them on. I mean when they run off and hide behind a building while you are busy collecting money and clicking on check marks. All that money flying around and XP's, they take advantage of it and hide.

I swear they are doing it intentionally.

Stupid Cletus and Bart (LOL).

I'm scared of the transparent trick. I'll probably mess something up and wind up costing myself donuts. AND...I seem to be crashing every time I go into my build menu. The second time around everything's fine but that initial foray into it causes me to completely crash.
  • la_dadaista
    153 posts
    edited December 2012
    There are some characters who run instead of walking when they've finished a job. Skinner and Snake are the fastest: when I click on the Kwik-e-markt after having put everyone on one-hour tasks they literally disappear and I find them in the farthest neighborhood :roll:
  • morticite
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    The bigger my town gets the harder it is to track characters down. They hide in a corner street where I'm just starting to expand to.
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited December 2012
    Any of the kids get lost easily behind taller buildings. But yes, it seems to be Milhouse more than any other. Stupid Milhouse. You know who never gets lost? Marge, for obvious reasons :D
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    What I try to do now is collect from buildings and set the farm and Channel 6 before clicking on the characters' "finished" thumbs up. I click on one, then assign a task and repeat. I leave the buildings with several thumbs for last then hunt down the fastest of that group. I find this has cut down on my missing characters by catching them before they can run away! :-)
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    I had Milhouse staring me right in the face first thing this morning! Oh well, at least I can't use him to generate coins.

Actually, I've found this more troublesome lately since my game keeps crashing so often. Since I'm lazy, I have a tendency to tap several buildings and thumbs up while waiting for the cash/XP to autocollect, but my characters have been skedaddling too quickly, especially if it crashes. I had to put out an APB for Quimby yesterday.
  • jjjett2
    23 posts
    edited December 2012
    I usually set my characters on their tasks as soon as I tap on them, this cuts down on the chance that I lose them. But yeah, this bugs me when it happens. I am especially frustrated when I forget to tap on of my premium characters. Nothing is more frustrating to notice when Hans Moleman or Duffman have been walking around aimlessly, and I'm out of $400-600 at the end of the day. :shock:
  • la_dadaista
    153 posts
    edited December 2012
    elsie_d wrote:
    What I try to do now is collect from buildings and set the farm and Channel 6 before clicking on the characters' "finished" thumbs up. I click on one, then assign a task and repeat. I leave the buildings with several thumbs for last then hunt down the fastest of that group. I find this has cut down on my missing characters by catching them before they can run away! :-)

I'm doing it exactly like you! I've even found out a method to collect from Kwik-e-mart without setting the characters free, which simply consists in clicking over the roof top. And to set Snake free before everyone else you can click on the left of the shop. By this mean I avoid seeing him running away 8)
  • helenben
    22 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thankfully not a problem I have!!! I have a very enthusiastic four year old who can spot any Simpsons character not doing a job a mile off! Don't know how he does it but I am very thankful.... Would recommend everyone get one, he's earnt me thousands. Lol!

On the downside he plays on my iPhone and is very proud of his brown house farm :lol:
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    jjjett2 wrote:
    I usually set my characters on their tasks as soon as I tap on them, this cuts down on the chance that I lose them. But yeah, this bugs me when it happens. I am especially frustrated when I forget to tap on of my premium characters. Nothing is more frustrating to notice when Hans Moleman or Duffman have been walking around aimlessly, and I'm out of $400-600 at the end of the day. :shock:

I usually try do this too. But with the new story content, I've delayed my progress by not having the next character available because I had already assigned them something.
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited December 2012
    I like it when they're in the middle of the screen. I don't like that I didn't put them on a job, buti feel more like they're saying 'what about me?' Than taunting me.

However, currently I just have one road circling my commercial zone with all other roads deleted in leau of snow covered ground. I think it looks cool and I can always find my characters. I may just go to pavement once the snow melts for the same ease of play.

I do know one thing for sure, my town is going to need a complete overhaul once Spring arrives. Anybody else finding it difficult to decorate with all the snow? You can't even tell the different colored trees. I'm not complaining, just stating the reason my town's starting to look sloppy.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I've given up on decorating till the big thaw occurs. What's the point when all you are doing is putting done sticks anyways? Hard to tell how things will look at the moment. So just focusing on land and buildings.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.