EA Forums - Banner

attn housefarmers

Prev1
I know of one or two exceptions to this rule. I have one tapper who I anonymously friended back at the beginning who has hundreds of houses but they're all on their own streets with their own backyards and everything. They have lots of land so their Springfield actually feels like a proper town as a result. A couple of others have managed to do something similar where they actually make the effort to at least make them look good.

But yeah in general, farms are ugly.

Replies

• jjjett2
    23 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    I know of one or two exceptions to this rule. I have one tapper who I anonymously friended back at the beginning who has hundreds of houses but they're all on their own streets with their own backyards and everything. They have lots of land so their Springfield actually feels like a proper town as a result. A couple of others have managed to do something similar where they actually make the effort to at least make them look good.

But yeah in general, farms are ugly.

Quoted for truth. Some friends I've gained during this update have excellently designed Springfields. Others are simply rows and rows of brown and purple houses dumped all over the place. Even though I have 2-3 of each house type, it looks well organized and more "townlike" over a dumping ground of houses.
  • the_jazzdevil
    140 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    It not just the aesthetics (each to their own), I just find house farms nigh on impossible to navigate. I'll go looking for a building to vandalise and end up clicking too many houses on the way, making the visit almost pointless.
  • k_standing
    17 posts
    edited December 2012
    I deleted these people for having no imagination. The best bit about this game is making the town look good, not making it look like some african shanty town. (brown houses)
  • Thecure668
    252 posts
    edited December 2012
    I had the worst guy. You can't see the fronts of any of the buildings just the rooftops, for most. He's crammed his buildings so close, with about two blocks of road,in the whole Springfield. If he was a low level I might understand( but still not forgive him) but he's something like level 24. He must have enough money to sort it out. It's hard to find the houses with decorations, so I just didn't bother and deleted.
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have a couple of "friends" with house farms and every time I visit them I think to myself that I'll delete them.

I do agree with Sonny though -- you can have a neighbourhood of houses (guilty as charged) and have it look nice so long as they're organized as real houses and not just cash generators.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I realised today something worth considering: every character in the town should have a place to live! I have far more characters than I do houses. I think I'll end up buying a lot more land and making more neighbourhoods in the future not for collecting money (which comes in waves these days anyway) but so the town actually has the right amount of abodes for all the people that live there.
  • tappedoutdave
    131 posts
    edited December 2012
    that's one hell of an ugly springfield y'all have :mrgreen:

Trolling the "too good for everyone else crowd." :roll:

You should be ashamed.
    Ashamed. :!:
  • k_standing
    17 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    I realised today something worth considering: every character in the town should have a place to live! I have far more characters than I do houses. I think I'll end up buying a lot more land and making more neighbourhoods in the future not for collecting money (which comes in waves these days anyway) but so the town actually has the right amount of abodes for all the people that live there.

This actually occured to me today too. Although, you might be able to squeese them into Krabbels apartment.

I'm planning on building a Manor House for Kent Brockman. I was thinking large drive, trees, lake etc. I think a house suited to the chaactor is important.

I reckon smithers will at some point come with Burn's mansion.

• ScottyMike47
    10 posts
    edited December 2012
    Hey :) I have about 10 - 15 brown houses dotted across my Springfield amongst other houses and shops, and they don't look too bad. SO has added a few people who just have rows and rows of houses, which do look ugly.

I bought about 7 the other day, thinking each would generate Santa coins. They do not :( As soon as the snow melts I think I'll delete them.
  • bear2489
    54 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have multiple houses but they are spaced out. There just aren't enough house designs in the game.

I've just deleted farms and sloppy towns.
  • II AL1EN II
    47 posts
    edited December 2012
    Even most of the non farmers towns are ugly!
    Do you really not care? Then why play?
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Hey :) I have about 10 - 15 brown houses dotted across my Springfield amongst other houses and shops, and they don't look too bad. SO has added a few people who just have rows and rows of houses, which do look ugly.

I bought about 7 the other day, thinking each would generate Santa coins. They do not :( As soon as the snow melts I think I'll delete them.
    I did the same thing. After january I will go back to normal
  • tappedoutdave
    131 posts
    edited December 2012
    Don't mind collecting those house farmed coins.....

• nsusaint
    91 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've been a house farmer since i signed up back in august. I wanted to collect all the land. I have 6 more pieces of land to go and then I'm converting to making my springfield look awesome!!! I've been slowly getting rid of all the brown houses the last couple of weeks. I'm sure my friends enjoy going to my town with this christmas update because they never have to wait for coins to reappear.

eric
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    Even most of the non farmers towns are ugly!
    Do you really not care? Then why play?

I agree. Part of the joy is thinking about how I can make my town look really nice, not just to me, but to visitors. I moved my town hall, since I disliked that the first thing visitors saw was a residential zone/the police station.
  • edited December 2012
    I keep a farm of brown houses in a seperated section from my town so my friends can easily get coins during this Christmas update, it's just helpful. But eventually they will go back in storage once Christmas is done with.
  • hgfxf
    171 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    But sometimes the sheer amount involved in the house farming...

TappedOutDave... I hate calling anyone out, but my jaw drops in complete awe everytime I visit! I literally am honored to be one of your neighbors. It's like I'm visiting Mt Rushmore or something! I actually enjoy the immensity, the gigantic overhanging ... **** ... your house farm... wow!

Having grown up on a farm myself, I wouldn't even classify yours a corporate farm. I'd call it an international conglomerate. Like it should be branded Cargill or Archer Daniel Midlands or something....

And I honestly don't think I've used any superlatives in this comment!

Anyway, I hope you get the drift on how much and why I enjoy visiting YOUR house farm, thanks for adding me!

:D

• albert2k
    271 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have 25 blue and 25 purple, but in a row of five with roads between each one, with trees, bushes, etc, for me looks more like a neighborhood than a farm.

image-4.jpg
  • butterfly660
    229 posts
    edited December 2012
    Why do people do the house farm thing? At first I used to think it was to get lots of money... but most of the house farm people on my list dont even have anything decorated nicely even in the non-farm parts of their towns.... They barely have any trees or parking lots or anything really in their non-farm parts. Sooo what exactly are they doing with all this cash from 200 houses? Just to say woohooo i have cash that I'm not going to use? lol o_O
  • hgfxf
    171 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    btw... I recommend that nobody deletes houses, that they just stick them in storage when finished. It doesn't cost anything and who knows what the next seasonal quest will require. If it requires you to bring them out again it won't cost you any extra money.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.