EA Forums - Banner

wheel of no luck

Thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware some people seem to think they're particularly unlucky with the wheel.

Replies

• datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I had been doing coin by coin but got 3 $1000 in a row. I now save 5 or more coins and try them al at once. Last night got 2 light sets and the 3 $100 and a gift card. slight improvement.

Strange it usually goes against you but one of the lights the ticker was on the money side and the knob was below on the light side. Usually I get nailed the other way
  • michaelxan146
    2 posts
    edited December 2013
    I've had the same run of poor luck, for the last 3 days all I've won is cash or gift cards (with the exception of a Grampa snowman) out of 12 spins! :cry:
    Still need Claus Co and Plow King!
  • Linkster79
    82 posts
    edited December 2013
    18 spins, first 2 spins I got Marge and Lisa snow statues. Next 16 spins were all $1000. Hopefully one day I will get the Yeti, Helrer Skelter or Claus co, heck ATM I would happily accept the shiva snow statue.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited December 2013
    Yay more complaining. Just be patient and keep collecting tickets. I've spent no donuts, had ~40 spins now and logged the outcome each time. I'm getting 50% cash. I've had runs of 4 cash in a row, but equally 4 prizes. I've nearly got everything only missing Barney skin and ice goddess.
    (Not aimed at OP) MY XMAS UPDATE RANT AT RANTERS

People are just getting angry that they can't get everything immediately, that's all this is. Spoilt?? Just be grateful of any new prizes. if you don't like them you can store them. As for 'clearing the wheel' stop demanding more, EA have produced a load of great things and you're still not happy! as well as a few things from last year??? It's just a game, who cares who has what pixels. If you're getting this worked up its probably time you stopped playing
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    I hit Clausco on Saturday. When I spinning it, I was putting it about 5-6 spaces away from the prize I wanted (Clausco) and when I did a spin to the RIGHT it was either hitting the money next to Clausco, or the gift card on the other side. On my 10th spin (I didn't spin the day before), I hit Clausco. It wasn't a slow spin, it was more of a full spin.

I was tracking where it landed the week before and found if the arrow was on this space 5-6 places away when I released the spin, it was hitting the opposite side of the wheel (where Clausco was). Just had the perfect spot when I released it on the last spin (for that day) and hit the mark.
  • philippama998
    739 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    could someone please open a thread where everyone who wants to complain just needs to add: +1 make it sticky even!

that would be soo much more comfortable for all those that feel betrayed by a game and want to cry.

and everyone that cares could go in and look at all the misery in the world.

hohoho happy holidays!
  • ncwriter
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm having bad luck too. I keep getting money. Hopefully I'll get Mr. Plow before it's over.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    mpwarner wrote:
    Yay more complaining. Just be patient and keep collecting tickets. I've spent no donuts, had ~40 spins now and logged the outcome each time. I'm getting 50% cash. I've had runs of 4 cash in a row, but equally 4 prizes. I've nearly got everything only missing Barney skin and ice goddess.

People are just getting angry that they can't get everything immediately, that's all this is. Spoilt?? Just be grateful of any new prizes. if you don't like them you can store them. As for 'clearing the wheel' stop demanding more, EA have produced a load of great things and you're still not happy! as well as a few things from last year??? It's just a game, who cares who has what pixels. If you're getting this worked up its probably time you stopped playing

You mad bro? I don't see the problem with people complaining about the wheel. I see a problem with the rants about the posts complaining. ts clearly labeled what the thread is in most cases so if you are tired of the complaints, then don't read the thread :-)

I dislike (name withheld) posts with a passion. I think they are whiney and and infantile - they come out every time theres a new update. I choose to not read them instead of responding to them. Some people think they are funny though and my take on it is if you don't like the title of a post, or the person that is creating the post, then don't read it.

I think people are just blowing off steam with the complaints. They are so passionate about the game that they find it frustrating to not get what they want spin after spin of the wheel. Its like dangling something they want in front of them and then pulling it away (I tried that this morning with the family cat. it didn't work.lol. I couldn't get the cat to chase the computers mouse) :-)

All it takes is one good spin and then ones faith is renewed in the wheel :-)
    I personally have a love/hate relationship with the wheel of misfortune and i don't care what people say about the wheel because its my choice to read their threads or ignore them :mrgreen:
  • suekistargazer
    50 posts
    edited December 2013
    mpwarner wrote:

You mad bro? I don't see the problem with people complaining about the wheel. I see a problem with the rants about the posts complaining. ts clearly labeled what the thread is in most cases so if you are tired of the complaints, then don't read the thread :-)

I dislike (name withheld) posts with a passion. I think they are whiney and and infantile - they come out every time theres a new update. I choose to not read them instead of responding to them. Some people think they are funny though and my take on it is if you don't like the title of a post, or the person that is creating the post, then don't read it.

I think people are just blowing off steam with the complaints. They are so passionate about the game that they find it frustrating to not get what they want spin after spin of the wheel. Its like dangling something they want in front of them and then pulling it away (I tried that this morning with the family cat. it didn't work.lol. I couldn't get the cat to chase the computers mouse) :-)

All it takes is one good spin and then ones faith is renewed in the wheel :-)
    I personally have a love/hate relationship with the wheel of misfortune and i don't care what people say about the wheel because its my choice to read their threads or ignore them :mrgreen:

I could not agree more! I just skip over something if I do not want to read it. Truly, I am not here to get all needlessly worked up over others ranting (even if that ranting might be in regards to a more repetitive topic). Freedom of speech working both ways here I guess. Good all around. :lol:
  • IncarceratedBart
    78 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I've gotten every prize except the Yeti. My very last spin the pointer stopped on the Yeti, almost creeping into the cash slot on the wheel. It gave me the friggin cash. I took a screenshot of it too but why bother saying anything. It will get me nowhere.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited December 2013
    You mad bro?
    Whatever gave you that idea :wink:
    It's just the lack of gratitude for the items available and the expectancy to have it now. This is the first real time I've bitten and had a rant. As for you know who, I don't comment on those threads as I was verbally insulted by that poster so I've chosen to ignore them
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware some people seem to think they're particularly unlucky with the wheel.

Coffee has just come out of my nose! :lol:
  • philippama998
    739 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    what seriously surprises me is that everyone expects to really win everything. I am not clear where this expectations come from.

so what will happen if they wont clear the wheel by the end of this event? go and sue EA because of disappointment and empty hopes? a lost christmas?
  • ericdeprins
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I also need the topprizes, it always gives me money. I hate the wheel and it's driving me crazy. :cry:
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    mpwarner wrote:
    You mad bro?
    Whatever gave you that idea :wink:
    It's just the lack of gratitude for the items available and the expectancy to have it now. This is the first real time I've bitten and had a rant. As for you know who, I don't comment on those threads as I was verbally insulted by that poster so I've chosen to ignore them

I've observed the lack of gratitude as well and for me, I'm waiting to show my gratitude for this holiday event with my wallet instead of with my keyboard. I plan on buying a boatload for christmas to show my gratitude to EA for a great (and addictive) game that they have made. I've never bought a boatload before..it'll be a first time experience :-)

• snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    what seriously surprises me is that everyone expects to really win everything. I am not clear where this expectations come from.

so what will happen if they wont clear the wheel by the end of this event? go and sue EA because of disappointment and empty hopes? a lost christmas?

I think in the long run, those who are passionate about winning everything will give up their donuts on the spin wheel tokens to get what they want. I've gotten everything on the wheel that I want.

It won't be a problem if I don't win the helter shelter from the wheel. I'll just be scarred for life as a result and lose all faith in the holiday spirit sinking into a grinch state of mind from here on out :-)

Maybe if the grinch himself had better luck on the wheel when he played, he might have had a better christmas experience *grin*
  • steviebwell
    163 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have no complaints with the wheel since it is giving us free stuff but come on I have 62,000 gift cards and all I have left to get is Claus Co. Every time I spin I am one away from getting Claus Co and it's driving me nuts.
  • timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited December 2013
    I've gotten every prize except the Yeti. My very last spin the pointer stopped on the Yeti, almost creeping into the cash slot on the wheel. It gave me the friggin cash. I took a screenshot of it too but why bother saying anything. It will get me nowhere.

Same thing happened to me yesterday.... What a kick in the d1k
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.