EA Forums - Banner

Game crashing constantly

Thank goodness it's not just me.

This has been happening for me in the last few days, but I can't think of any particular update or quest with which the problem began.

I too have tried all the steps (closing the app properly, restarting the iPad, uninstalling/reinstalling), no difference - game still freezes or crashes back to springboard around 30 seconds after getting in (I get past the load screen, into the actual game, and can usually click a few people or collect cash etc, but no matter what, it'll crash out at least 3/4 of the time. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to stay in but it's not that often.

I've heard this can happen due to a stuck character (and I've seen that in the past, except unfortunately it was Lisa so I couldn't store the associated house to get the character unstuck, but the problem was fixed within a few days), but I've not noticed anyone stuck nor can I think of any way to find a character that may be stuck, other than just looking.

Replies

• Boomer400
    2 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm having the same problems and I hope Origin gets it fixed soon. I love playing this game and spend hours on it, this is the first time I've had the "Cannot Connect to Server" problem over and over and over again. Other games on my iPad work great so I know it's not my hardware. :cry:
  • thylacine7
    2 posts
    edited December 2013
    Hmm it's almost certainly something wrong with(in) my account or my Springfield - if I launch the game and go straight to visiting neighbors to get Xmas vouchers it's fine, for however long I do that.

As soon as I go back to my Springfield though, within 30-60 seconds it either freezes (and I have to quit and kill the app before restarting it) or crashes back to springboard.
  • thylacine7
    2 posts
    edited January 2014
    Seems to've resolved itself now, though I'm not sure if it's the update that installed for me yesterday, or the fact I uninstalled and reinstalled again.
  • snugglesNY
    22 posts
    edited January 2014
    Just as the update resolved your problems, my game has started constantly crashing. I guess no one will be able to win.

Maybe I need to give this game a rest for a while.
  • JerseySteef
    1 posts
    edited January 2014
    Game keeps crashing after playing for about :30 seconds. Now it crashes when I start the game and it starts loading. It doesn't even load up anymore - it just keeps crashing.

WHAT'S GOING ON???
  • edited January 2014
    I'm a long time player and have played the game since it was released on the app store for the very first time (with all those buggy issues). I haven't had a problem for a long time but this is now beyond the joke. I've been constantly crashing since before Christmas. Considdering I've spent $ on this game it's extremely frustrating.

EA please do something about it. I've basically paid for a game I can't play.
  • Hendri1992
    285 posts
    edited January 2014
    I had the same problem. I deleted half of my friends list and now I don't have the problem anymore.
    I had over 60 friends, now just 25 or 30. So it's works for me now (at the moment anyway)
  • Bettyumu
    81 posts
    edited January 2014
    Mine keeps crashing when there is a pop up, like the dailybonus so i cant get into my game at all :-(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.