EA Forums - Banner

What items will you be stocking up on before the Xmas update ends?

Prev1
Got a stash of each. Honestly I don't know why, I'll never use them

Replies

• auroraasters
    43 posts
    edited January 2014
    I regret not hoarding past items so I'm taking my chance this time. I need more candy canes, I have a bit of a plan for them
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Nothing
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Nothing

Ditto. I wish I could get rid of most of the ones I bought. I'll need a few to decorate a Santa's Village area, but not nearly as many as I bought to decorate the town.
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    It really is beyond me why people do this during each event.

The only xmas specific items I keep will be the ones I've already placed in my town and will remain in storage until next year.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited January 2014
    Pretty much everything besides the cardboard cut outs :lol: Iv learnt my lesson on not stock piling! And I'm gona buy a lot of rose bushes this year (if they're back) as iv only got 10 or somthing :(
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    See that's where I'm lost. What 'lesson,' have you learned by only having ten rose bushes from last year?
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Pretty much everything besides the cardboard cut outs :lol: Iv learnt my lesson on not stock piling! And I'm gona buy a lot of rose bushes this year (if they're back) as iv only got 10 or somthing :(

Ok, I can see your point with rose bushes, you can use them pretty much anywhere in your Springfield and they will look good. But I cannot think of a situation in Springfield where you would want to decorate an entire area with rubbish looking christmas bells.
  • Quoodle
    13 posts
    edited January 2014
    So you're stocking up on reindeer? They cost donuts on my screen.

I did get a couple dozen nutcrackers and I'll get some more candycanes. I'd like to decorate each house next Christmas when I have all the buildings where I want them.
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited January 2014
    The decorated flaming garbage cans. I have an idea I want to try out but I need to move the Santa village somewhere else first
  • JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited January 2014
    prob 10-20 of each thing, including the lights, all that shtuff
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    CoffeeMars wrote:
    The decorated flaming garbage cans. I have an idea I want to try out but I need to move the Santa village somewhere else first
    Oh yeah, I forgot about those... I better stock up on a few. Jeez, donuts go quick when you actually have some. :lol:
  • maciesdad
    212 posts
    edited January 2014
    Quoodle wrote:
    So you're stocking up on reindeer? They cost donuts on my screen.

I did get a couple dozen nutcrackers and I'll get some more candycanes. I'd like to decorate each house next Christmas when I have all the buildings where I want them.

I'm not stocking up on them but I have some donuts and would like to get a few for my Forrest area. They can be out all year.
  • nathanaelb284
    2 posts
    edited January 2014
    I regret not hoarding past items so I'm taking my chance this time. I need more candy canes, I have a bit of a plan for them

Yer same. candy canes and anything i can get. I didn't hoard something once and wished i did later. If for no reason other than like hoarding.
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited January 2014
    Two questions:

1) Is there a limit to how much you can store?

2) Do the holiday decoration keep their multipliers, etc, when the holiday is over?
  • maciesdad
    212 posts
    edited January 2014
    bahepton wrote:

The only xmas specific items I keep will be the ones I've already placed in my town and will remain in storage until next year.
    It's really beyond me why people would open a thread that asks a specific question to only give an answer like this.
    Anyway to answer your question I like to buy limited time items because I am a creative person and like to have as many options for decorations as I can.
    Cheers
  • zicoboo
    354 posts
    edited January 2014
    I'm going to get quite a few candy canes, I have an idea to make a cute candy inspired area with the Ginger Bread house and roses from Valentines (Hope they're back as I wasn't playing last year). I also like the look of the festive lamps, but I don't think I'll get that many of them.
  • maciesdad
    212 posts
    edited January 2014
    zicoboo wrote:
    I'm going to get quite a few candy canes, I have an idea to make a cute candy inspired area with the Ginger Bread house and roses from Valentines (Hope they're back as I wasn't playing last year). I also like the look of the festive lamps, but I don't think I'll get that many of them.

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly things like thesis and fences that have decorations, they will go back to normal after the event. So keep that in mind before you buy a bunch of lamps.
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Two questions:

1) Is there a limit to how much you can store?

2) Do the holiday decoration keep their multipliers, etc, when the holiday is over?
    1. I feel like I've heard the number 5000 before but I'm not sure and probably wrong.

2. No one seems to be able to answer this or atleast I haven't found someone that knows for sure.

I've just purchased over 50 snowball II snowcats so... I hope the multipliers stick.
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    maciesdad wrote:
    zicoboo wrote:

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly things like thesis and fences that have decorations, they will go back to normal after the event. So keep that in mind before you buy a bunch of lamps.
    The lamps are special decorations though. Sure the ribbons and stuff will be gone from the bushes etc. but I think the special lamps for example will still have the decorations. That's why they are limited time buys.
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    maciesdad wrote:
    bahepton wrote:

It's really beyond me why people would open a thread that asks a specific question to only give an answer like this.
    Anyway to answer your question I like to buy limited time items because I am a creative person and like to have as many options for decorations as I can.
    Cheers

My reason for coming into the thread was to ask the question of why people do this? And to what 'lesson,' is there to be learned from not stockpiling? To me, it's just as tedious/pointless as having feeder towns.

I applaud you for creativity, however, personally - I would not want to waste landspace and time making potentially god-awful designs out of garland clad lamp-posts, candy canes and cardboard angels.

I am creative with my town too, but save a couple of items I store/sell any of my event specific decorations.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.