EA Forums - Banner

Old event character skins - Do you still use them?

I do.

I like to send characters on 60min tasks and most of them just go to the kwik-e-mart.

So I do like it that Lisa can sulk at home. I also use strongman homer to battle Apus Octoplets (did I spell that right?) just so I dont need to scroll down through all his short and super short tasks until I end up at shoping at Kwik-E-Mart again (which is in result the same thing).

Other than that, I try to mix their tasks from different skins. It amuses me to watch their outside tasks which I deliberately choose whenever I can.

Replies

• hotheadharvey
    12 posts
    edited January 2014
    Since I am a relative TSTO neophyte and still have a lot of land and aspirational bldgs to acquire, I occasionally use the skins I bought from the Halloween update because their tasks pay premium rates.

Otherwise, I use skins to change it up from time to time
  • philieb
    931 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I use my premium skins for the higher payout. Plus I keep bare chested willie skin going. His outdoor tasks are just more fun.
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    That's some interesting points guys - I think I'll use the skins for the 1hr tasks too. That is, when I have my characters off the Hunt the Simpsons tasks. :P
  • just_glyding
    191 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    When we aren't doing quests or special events I try to keep all my characters on outside tasks.

So ill use whatever skin will put then on an outside job.

Premium skins take preference though, but premium skins have mostly outside jobs anyway.

If I have multiple choices for different outside jobs, I usually go with my oldest skin. Eg I love rolling out Mayan Homer to let any visitors know that I've been around for a long time.
  • lollytroll
    83 posts
    edited January 2014
    I adore my Fruit bat burns and bare chested willie. So try to use those but others only if I am bored and fancy a change
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited January 2014
    I use Witch Marge all the time, she has replaced the actual Marge pretty much entirely, as all her tasks simply look great (although it is a shme that I won't get to see Maggie at all any more...), and her 4 hour task is very useful, to boot.

Sacagawea Lisa will come out to shine again once the Christmas update is history (i.e. when she'll no longer be able to go pretend skiing) whenever I want to send her on an 8 hour task while Rod and/or Todd aren't available. I'm also fairly certain I'm going to use Homer's Mr. Plow skin a lot. Ebenezer Burns will probably make an occasional comeback for his 24 hour task. Devil Flanders occasionally shows his anger.

Strongman Homer and Count Burns have pretty much vanished in my Springfield, Santa Flanders will probably follow them.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited January 2014
    Since I am a relative TSTO neophyte and still have a lot of land and aspirational bldgs to acquire, I occasionally use the skins I bought from the Halloween update because their tasks pay premium rates.

I don't want to disillusion you, but I'm fairly certain Witch Marge is the only Halloween skin that pays out premium.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I use them to send my characters on outside tasks that look cool. Outside events I mainly use 12 and 24-hour tasks and Bare Chested Willy has got some very nice ones as does gym Lisa, Witch Marge and Mr Plow, just to mention a few.
  • katehutson
    544 posts
    edited January 2014
    Lisa doing cartwheels : makes me happy. I thinks it's a cool task.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I on occasion use a skin task that is outside where it will replace an indoor task, when I can be bothered anyhow.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    You know, skins like Strongman Homer, Thankgiving Lisa etc. Anyone out there still use them and if so, for which tasks and why?

Personally, I haven't use either of those skins since the questlines. I bet there's many other skins too, but it's just because I haven't played for as long.

I use some of the skins, depending upon what length of task I am trying to complete and what outdoor tasks come with the skin. The witch marge is the most popular, of course, because of the extra benefits she adds and because the take a victory lap and stir the pot outdoor tasks are really cool to watch.

I also really like the Count Burns "take an evening stroll" outdoor task when he turns into a bat.
  • PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I use them all the time. I send Lisa on her balance beam. I let Bart & others go in wigs. I let Apu celebrate Independence Day. Grandpa to Prance and preen. it's really fun.

I like outdoor tasks and they usually set 8 or 12 hour.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Marge is almost always on her broom. Count Burns spends lots of time stalking others. And Lisa tends to turkeys instead of doing next weeks homework. Bart is either roasting marshmallows or burning Kristy in effigy. I'm positive that when this event is over, assuming the event tasks are still available, Santa Homer will end up stuck in the chimney a lot and plowman will be plowing, though I don't know how that works without snow. Ditto for Ned snowmobiling, and of course Lisa making snow angels.

Oops. Just realized those last two tasks aren't using skins, so will disappear, right? :(
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited January 2014
    I use them all the time. I send Lisa on her balance beam. I let Bart & others go in wigs. I let Apu celebrate Independence Day. Grandpa to Prance and preen. it's really fun.

I like outdoor tasks and they usually set 8 or 12 hour.

The wigs for Bart, Milhouse, Nelson and Martin aren't skins, they are simply 16-hour tasks for the regular characters that can be unlocked by building the Sunsphere.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited January 2014
    Oops. Just realized those last two tasks aren't using skins, so will disappear, right? :(

When there's one thing I learned from Halloween, it's that Event tasks that are stuck on the top of a character's task list are doomed to disappear.
  • JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited January 2014
    yes i use skins when i can... mostly for homer and lisa. it just cuts down the big list of tasks down to the bones...

also if any of my noob friends visit they'll be so jelly.
  • ultimatechick
    236 posts
    edited January 2014
    Cool Homer, Count Burns, and Bare-Chested Willie are always present in my town.

Cool Homer is just... cool, I love the bat flapping around, and shirtless Scotsmen are obviously a vast improvement over clothed ones. I mean, really, do I even have to explain that last one?
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    Depends. Willie - yes all the time. McBain? Definitely! Burns? I've been enjoying that community skin so far. Was Fruit Bat Man before. Homer doesn't really use his much. Occasionally I will bust out Mr. Plow, or Ninja Homer, but I'm loving his joint tasks with the Witch and Maude. Lisa has been a Krustyland addict, so her skins are more rare for the time being. Normally I use Gymnastics Lisa since her 8 doesn't require Rod and Todd. Bart's been there a lot too, but I try to use Kamp Bart when I can.

Grandpa's is pretty lame, rarely use it anymore. Witch Marge is flipped on and off now depending on the time of the task.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.