Replies

• bettyseek381
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Well thought out post. I like it !
  • killjoygee173
    59 posts
    edited January 2014
    They need to make the pets have tasks; I don't remember how but I got SLH for free. All these pets have moments in episodes that could be established as tasks; SLH could go "swimming in neighbours pool" if we get a pool deceration or "'visit' the race track".

I also think the Frog Prince and King Skippy need tasks; even the Funzos.
  • redwagonner
    91 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Great thread! It's been mentioned before in older threads, but I think that professor frink should be paid at a higher rate in the observatory than skinner or Martin. Premium character in a premium building. Also, Shauna needs a one hour task.
  • silencead956
    25 posts
    edited January 2014
    Great thread! It's been mentioned before in older threads, but I think that professor frink should be paid at a higher rate in the observatory than skinner or Martin. Premium character in a premium building. Also, Shauna needs a one hour task.

Something I've always wondered myself. Squeaky Voice Teen should also get paid more for working four hours at the Aztec Theatre.
  • biebel
    58 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    You shouldn't use 'A Modest Proposal' as title and have a serious proposal. It just doesn't seem right.
  • skollthewolf
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    biebel wrote:
    You shouldn't use 'A Modest Proposal' as title and have a serious proposal. It just doesn't seem right.
    Why not? I was modestly proposing something. Besides, it was a reference to the Jonathan Swift essay.
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited January 2014
    Besides the fact I'm fairly certain that Lisa's 8 hour tasks does pay out for all three characters, I'd rather say every character should have at least one non-joint task for every standard task length (that especially concerns Smithers, who should have a non-joint 1 hour task besides his joint task with Burns).
    Lisa's eight hour "Babysit Rod and Todd" task pays out at $275, the same as Bart's solo eight hour "Skip School" task.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9770971.page#30555184
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Excellent post. I only have a small contribution. characters can have multiple tasks in the same time frame, Check out Kirks 8 hour task. If you buy the Cracker factory he can also work there
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Very good ideas. I wouldn't mind seeing characters have multiple tasks available of the same length, especially if one was for a premium building and one for a regular building. Maybe pay out more for the premium building task than the regular. Or make the *off* length tasks for premium buildings and the 1,4,8,10,12 and 24 hour tasks for regular ones. Not really fun for folks without a lot of premium content to get a task list that is shut down because of missing premium stuff. (That Mapple Store quest hanging out there just bugs the heck out of me *LOL*.)
  • megpag
    24 posts
    edited January 2014
    It is weird that there are so many buildings without tasks.

The mall, the skating arena, Squidport buildings, Calmwood, the Museum - Most of these places never even had a one off task when we got them.

Did the Eggnog Bar have a task other than to give us coins?
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited January 2014
    Warning-thread-bump.jpg

I had to dig to find this thread. I remember starting to read it when arriving to work but didnt get a chance to read it all.
  • TheFrinkLink
    106 posts
    edited January 2014
    Some fantastic ideas in that post! :thumbup: . If Ea could take notice of one post, it should be this one.
  • Rattrap007x
    41 posts
    edited January 2014
    I too would like to see some doubled up tasks. Take some of the ones that are two character ones (get revenge on homer) and add a new single character one with the same time span.

I typically do 12 hour tasks due to work. Wake up early, collect all cash and tasks, send all on 12 hour task. Go to work, come home, get cleaned up and maybe eat something, collect cash and tasks Send all on new tasks..

It becomes a little bit of a pain when I go from character to character and then suddenly the Witch can't do a 12-hr task and I have to do an 8hr taks. I lose some money in that time frame.
  • henn3001
    160 posts
    edited January 2014
    Well said, OP. I agree with you.
  • skollthewolf
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Have you actually noted the amount of cash and XP you receive after putting Rod and Todd on the four hour task? I did the math once and I did get the correct cash and XP one would expect from two characters.
    I ran the four hour task last night and, apparently, it stand corrected. Did this change? I seem to recall it being only a small amount before.

I'll try Lisa's eight hour task later to confirm.
  • Snakeyees
    2320 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Another thing they might want to consider is have the quests change on a daily basis kinda like daily's that way you don't have to run the same tasks over and over. Give characters 5 8 hour tasks and so on and on. Each time you enter the game the quest get changed, then you tap on a character and see what quests they have, if you don't like them then log off and back in and get a fresh set of tasks, would give it a bit of variety.
  • blueathena62
    114 posts
    edited January 2014
    Wanted to add -- no more joint tasks with Homer during holidays/events. Like for the Halloween event, homer had a ton of tasks to do by himself, but he also had joint tasks with Suzzane, Maude, and Burns. Burns wasn't a problem, since the joint task was due to a skin, but it was annoying to lose money or mess up my schedule for 8 or 12 hour tasks because Homer wasn't available.
  • Nelly1989
    79 posts
    edited January 2014
    Personally I think at some point soon they will have to put more thought into the already existing characters and buildings to make things a bit newer and fresher - there is a lot they could do as we have loads and loads of building....
  • WolfyDiesel
    134 posts
    edited January 2014
    This is the best suggestion ever. New tasks, new audio clips, new animations - all of this could breathe some new life into this increasingly dull game that costs us hundreds of dollars.
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Apparently, you should be working at EA. Seriously. Great thoughts on how to improve the game. Also well written.

One thing I hate about the current setup is the abandoned buildings. I hope that someone at EA reads this thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!