EA Forums - Banner

Report a town option?

Replies

• LordCaoCao
    85 posts
    edited January 2014
    I have only read the first page and am shocked to hear someone this upset about tile tapping. I can understand not being ok with people who hack to get unlimited donuts because those who play legit spend their hard earned money for them, but tile tapping isn't even on the same level as donut hackers.
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Yeah I was just trying to be funny. Apparently that didnt work out like I planned it.
    Yeah, what he said. I did call you the best mom ever.

I'm sorry, I thought your joke was that the best mom ever would NOT talk about her kid's gaming. My mistake. :oops:

I'm probably over-sensitive in this area because it's a hot button issue between my ex and me. My ex is anti-videogames, period. My attitude is that if this almost-18-year-old kid's getting good grades, does his chores, maintains basic hygiene, regularly interacts with IRL friends and respects my parental authority, I don't much care how he wastes his free time. Who am I to judge, considering all the hours I've spent playing TSTO? :lol:
  • craighk01957
    154 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Beware! Rampant idiocy afoot!

My neighbor, a 300lb 60 y/o man, wears the absolutely shortest shorts in existense. I dont like to see it, so I DONT LOOK AT IT!

The latest best thing said in this thread... Ha!
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Yeah I was just trying to be funny. Apparently that didnt work out like I planned it.

I'm sorry, I thought your joke was that the best mom ever would NOT talk about her kid's gaming. My mistake. :oops:

I'm probably over-sensitive in this area because it's a hot button issue between my ex and me. My ex is anti-videogames, period. My attitude is that if this almost-18-year-old kid's getting good grades, does his chores, maintains basic hygiene, regularly interacts with IRL friends and respects my parental authority, I don't much care how he wastes his free time. Who am I to judge, considering all the hours I've spent playing TSTO? :lol:

You seem to know a lot more about what he is doing than most parents do. Based on your earlier post, I dont think your ex gets to make calls on what makes a well rounded human being.
  • darthraven0
    374 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:

Considering what you told us about your ex perhaps you should grab your kid and go to gamestop right now. It is not usually in my nature to be so vindictive but that is one of my hot button issues.
  • DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited January 2014
    I must admit after playing this game for more than a yr and a half that initially hackers/glitchers annoyed me but that was a residual effect from my time playing playing competitive online games where people cheating actually effects my gameplay, stats etc.

That didnt last to long as I fully realized the non confrontational style of this game.

Embrace the mellowness and just create. 8)

This is. One aspect I truly like about this game. If only they would give me 360 control of items it could be a zen experience.

You and me both brother.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
  • darthraven0
    374 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I must admit after playing this game for more than a yr and a half that initially hackers/glitchers annoyed me but that was a residual effect from my time playing playing competitive online games where people cheating actually effects my gameplay, stats etc.

That didnt last to long as I fully realized the non confrontational style of this game.

Embrace the mellowness and just create. 8)

This is. One aspect I truly like about this game. If only they would give me 360 control of items it could be a zen experience.

You and me both brother.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

The divinity in me acknowledges and honors the divinity in you. Or you know namaste
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited January 2014
    amandabog1 wrote:
    I hope none of my neighbors think I am a "hacker" because I have several reindeer in my town. I bought them with delicious donuts because they are so dang cute, but I don't want to be banned from the game - repeat: I am not a hacker.
    I will admit that I did jump on the Squidport tile glitch, because, well, that was just too dang good to pass up, I currently have 118 SP tiles in storage because I don't have enough water (yet). I curse the day my slippery fingers cleared that last sweet tile.
    Since I'm being honest, my precious corn just harvested, so I am also taking advantage of that glitch because it pays cold, hard cash and I need money to buy water for all those SP tiles I have in storage!

So maybe I am a hacker after all, it does sounds kinda cool, considering it took me about 4 hours to figure out how to add a signature to my profile.

I have tons of reign deer I won last Christmas with leftover ...coins?
  • TankGirl2925
    200 posts
    edited January 2014
    Wow. 7 pages....8!

TO the OP:

Do you like what you've just done? No body here is riled except for you and you've just had the best minds in these forums tell you to RELAX.

Follow their advice, it will bring you peaceful bliss young grasshopper.

Unless you're Joshsheerer in disguise...and everyone is aware of this but me...

Crap, I feel very much on the outside. I'm cold, can someone toss me a blanket? Where's the nearest food kitchen? HelterShelter kicked me out.
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    My attitude is that if this almost-18-year-old kid's getting good grades, does his chores, maintains basic hygiene, regularly interacts with IRL friends and respects my parental authority, I don't much care how he wastes his free time. Who am I to judge, considering all the hours I've spent playing TSTO? :lol:

This brought a smile to my face. :)

*feels warm and fuzzy*

This world needs more understanding parents like you. Mine like and are acceptable of video games as well. Let video-game-understanding-parents multiply~! :)
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Would the OP have had me banned for these images I 'drew' in friends towns on whacking day?? :oops:

79zf.jpg
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    Wait people pay hackers? I just assumed hackers did their own hacking.
    Funny thing is most times the hackers steal their data and money and dont do a thing to their game. No donuts. People are stupid giving away their login unless its spAnser. He did a great job when i was stuck with something yesterday)

about the troll. Dont compare this *insert insult here* to Josh. Josh at last gives us laugh and is a good "troll"
    This guy is completely... no words
    I don't believe in 'good trolls' also I would contribute to this thread but every point has been raised at least 5 times ahaha such a dumb thread. To be honest though, I think he did just as well as josh if he got 8 pages.
  • nubbin71
    236 posts
    edited January 2014
    I did not read every single response in this thread, as after I read enough posts of negative or non-constructive commentary, I did not feel compelled to delve further.

I will simply address the OP, so forgive if someone else in the midst of all this has replied similarly.

The only instance I can think of where a player might be justified in reporting a fellow neighbor's town would be if said neighbor has been creating "art" of a sexually explicit nature or "writing" foul language or some other such activity.

How such a report system could be integrated into the game so as not to be abused, I would not know.

My suggestion is, if there is a town you find offensive for reasons such as those stated above, then report it through the usual channels to EA and simply remove them from your friends list.

As for neighbors you suspect are engaged in illegal acquisition of certain items, that is something for EA to handle. I am certain there are ways for them to track/monitor such activity without the need for folks to point fingers at potentially innocent individuals who have actually spent money and acquired their items (even duplicates) on the up and up.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited January 2014
    EA probably doesn't even really care about the low about of doughnut hackers.. there are plenty of people that legitimately buy doughnuts and that would be more then enough for the multi billion dollar company to pay the developers.

about the "glitches" if they really cared they would of fixed it by now..

remember this is a relatively small mobile game EA makes a hell of a lot more money out of there big gaming franchises like the sims simcity or battlefield a couple of doughnut hacks are the least of there worries after the shocking release that was battlefield 4
  • kungpao214
    301 posts
    edited January 2014
    I am also guilty because it was I that tapped ataccounting twice. Once with my primary account and my new secondary feeder town (nascarsrac927)

You have a feeder account? Isn't that cheating :shock: :P
  • kungpao214
    301 posts
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Just when I think I dislike you, you go and make me wanna have a beer with you. :)

Likewise.

Aww are you two gonna hug it out?
  • amandabog1
    122 posts
    edited January 2014
    kungpao214 wrote:
    I am also guilty because it was I that tapped ataccounting twice. Once with my primary account and my new secondary feeder town (nascarsrac927)

You have a feeder account? Isn't that cheating :shock: :P

@kungpao214 - You have a feeder account, a mighty fine feeder account, but that's neither here nor there. Does that feeder account make you a hacking cheater? And you've tapped my corn multiple times a day from feeder account, does that make you an accessory hacker to my hacking skills?
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited January 2014
    My town is totally inoffensive but, OP, if you can get me banned I'd be really grateful. Having my town deleted is the only way I'm going to get a game/life balance back.....please.....help me...... :wink::wink::lol:
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    i_set_fire wrote:
    Why has no one noticed that this guy makes one of these threads every week? Typical troll move: makes a thread on a bitter topic, then never returns.

Hey guys, meet the new Josh! He's been here awhile.

Yes, I noticed.

Josh is far more interesting and he comes back though.

I love your town by the way and must give you credit for inspiring some of my town favorites.
  • BaronVonHell
    92 posts
    edited January 2014
    Maybe you should just quit the game. And take all those who feel they have a right to tell others how to play with you. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.