EA Forums - Banner

Congratz Josh

Prev13
I wondered this too.... seems outright unfair by the looks of the existing *locked* thread. He didn't say anything offensive.

Replies

• portpower18
    176 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I wondered this too.... seems outright unfair by the looks of the existing *locked* thread. He didn't say anything offensive.
    I agree there was nothing he said that was offending
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    :roll: Someone took offence to it. Are you really expecting me to explain in a public forum, the reason she should or shouldn't be offended? Because I am not an Asian woman and that is not for me to explain. But I believe her when she takes issue with it, and I will treat it as a stereotype under the guidelines of the ToS.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited January 2014
    Y is the the other one locked too?
  • InspctHerGajet
    257 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't think was about what Josh said, it was where the thread was going. If you see the last post, it was getting sexual.
  • LordCaoCao
    85 posts
    edited January 2014
    Beyond "I bet shes wild behind the scenes" nothing overly offensive, I also dont see the whole sterotype thing, just sounds like Josh has a fetish
  • BouncyX
    114 posts
    edited January 2014
    another thread got locked because someone dared ask about a PC version of this game so....me thinks the mods are getting trigger happy. lol
  • BouncyX
    114 posts
    edited January 2014
    LordCaoCao wrote:
    Beyond "I bet shes wild behind the scenes" nothing overly offensive, I also dont see the whole sterotype thing, just sounds like Josh has a fetish

plus stereotypes exists for a reason.....because those sorta people those stereotypes describe are real. lol
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    BouncyX wrote:
    another thread got locked because someone dared ask about a PC version of this game so....me thinks the mods are getting trigger happy. lol

Singular...
  • Spenson66
    557 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    :roll: Someone took offence to it. Are you really expecting me to explain in a public forum, the reason she should or shouldn't be offended?
    I don't think was about what Josh said, it was where the thread was going. If you see the last post, it was getting sexual.

Yes but absolutely no one said "All Asian women bind their feet. " Which is exactly what the person who was offended was offended by. If she is reading words that aren't there or weren't implied I don't know what to say. Some people have a foot fetish but just because the thread was initially about Josh's love for the new asian character and the thread derailed about feet has nothing to do with what offended the woman in that thread.
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited January 2014
    I once used the h-word (rhymes with snacked) in a post and that post was deleted, even though all I was saying was something like, "I don't know how my friend got such-and-so because she's only on level blah-blah, I don't think her game is [h-word]."

Didn't seem outta line to me. Go figure. :?
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited January 2014

Bit of a hypocrite with a name like yours. Bravewell, am offended. *ban request*
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited January 2014
    I find it offensive. Only 4 0ut of 7 days a week do I ride on red bus eating crumpets and drink tea whilst wearing a bowl hat around london

:lol:
  • zicoboo
    354 posts
    edited January 2014
    Because Asian women are constantly fetishized. People are constantly looking at Asians in a sexual way and women are sick of being treated like that. It's fine if you think Asian girls are attractive, but there's no need to write that you bet she's "wild behind the scenes".
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014

Totally taking credit for that one. Destroyed another one of Joshes threads. Win.

Bit of a hypocrite with a name like yours. Bravewell, am offended. *ban request*

Nothing personal against the guy, but I have always wondered how he got away with that username.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014

That just made no sense.

Is this thread about the game in any way, or is this off topic? :|
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    zicoboo wrote:
    Because Asian women are constantly fetishized. People are constantly looking at Asians in a sexual way and women are sick of being treated like that. It's fine if you think Asian girls are attractive, but there's no need to write that you bet she's "wild behind the scenes".

So, "Because Asian women are constantly fetishized" we should lock Josh's thread just because he likes an Asian character in a game? Thinks she's cute? Thinks she's sexy? Ridiculous.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Bravewall wrote:

That just made no sense.

HIS NAME IS INSPECT HER GADGET AND HE'S COMPLAINING ABOUT A POST GETTING SEXUAL.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    Bravewall wrote:

That just made no sense.

Nooooo not off-topic!!! its becoming the dumping grounds for misfit threads!

QUICK SOMEONE TALK ABOUT SWANKYFISH!!!!
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    zicoboo wrote:

This happens to me as a white male.
  • ebenbane
    188 posts
    edited January 2014
    zicoboo wrote:

So, "Because Asian women are constantly fetishized" we should lock Josh's thread just because he likes an Asian character in a game? Thinks she's cute? Thinks she's sexy? Ridiculous.

I agree.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.