EA Forums - Banner

The new wheel odds make me very angry.

Prev1345678
and they broke the ToS by posting the odds. It clearly states:

- Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers for an EA Service

Replies

• HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    You spent all those donuts on the wheel because you lack patience. Thats your fault, no one elses.

And yes, EA is really bad at business, thats why they can hardly turn a profit. Rampant idiocy.
  • btrade3
    77 posts
    edited January 2014
    A bright, sunny day would make you angry too. Get over yourself already.
  • leepierce27
    315 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They basically punished their premium players and rewarded their freemium players. I spent large amounts of money/donuts to get the wheel items early on since the odds were awful. Now it turns out I had a pretty decent chance to get them had I waited for the update. Thanks a lot, EA. Don't expect me to spend a dime on any wheels (or wheel equivalents) in the future. I'll just wait for you to reward your non-paying customers at the expense of your paying customers and will reap the benefits for free.

It truly is unbelievable how bad they are at business and don't understand who should be rewarded and who shouldn't. I'm still hoping for a $5/month premium account option. Unlimited access to premium items if you pay. Then the premium players would actually be rewarded appropriately. EA is awful.

For what its worth, I have 90k gift cards, spent ten bucks on 20 coins and still haven't gotten claus co, even after the update. It's still pretty difficult to get the items. This is just to give us a bit more hope so we'll continue to spin till the end.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    btrade3 wrote:
    A bright, sunny day would make you angry too. Get over yourself already.

I won't argue with that. I hate warm weather. I get hot easily. My preferred temperature is about 60-65 Fahrenheit. Anything above 75 makes me very uncomfortable. I also hate the sun since it gets right in your eyes and is annoying. I prefer cloudy with a nice little breeze.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited January 2014
    I cleared it for free in about 60k tokens. I do agree that the odds shouldn't change though as it is unfair. It also means Im more likely get 50 tickets instead of the 1000 cash
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    You spent all those donuts on the wheel because you lack patience. Thats your fault, no one elses.

And yes, EA is really bad at business, thats why they can hardly turn a profit. Rampant idiocy.

They were voted worst gaming company several years in a row. Please don't try time defend them. Perhaps if they spent less time rewarding their cheapskate customers and more time rewarding their loyal customers they'd be in better shape.
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited January 2014
    If I really believed they had gotten you to spend money on the game after the pure vitriol you consistently throw at it, I would be very gleefully laughing at you.
  • Snakeyees
    2323 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They basically punished their premium players and rewarded their freemium players. I spent large amounts of money/donuts to get the wheel items early on since the odds were awful. Now it turns out I had a pretty decent chance to get them had I waited for the update. Thanks a lot, EA. Don't expect me to spend a dime on any wheels (or wheel equivalents) in the future. I'll just wait for you to reward your non-paying customers at the expense of your paying customers and will reap the benefits for free.

It truly is unbelievable how bad they are at business and don't understand who should be rewarded and who shouldn't. I'm still hoping for a $5/month premium account option. Unlimited access to premium items if you pay. Then the premium players would actually be rewarded appropriately. EA is awful.

Josh I don't agree with you ever,

But i will agree with you here, how is it fair for EA to change the RULES or Odds in the middle of the game? that in any definition is cheating. I like Josh spent doughnuts on the wheel and i have not **** once about buying them and spending them on the wheel as the RULES were set and i felt i needed them to finally clear the wheel. I was at 108k Cards and $21 in doughnuts. before i cleared the wheel and i only bought the doughnuts toward the end so i could win helter shelter.

How is it fair to people who bought doughnuts, due to us having bad luck?
  • BrandoMG
    101 posts
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:

Very true, I didn't spent a single donut and got everything at 60k cards, patience is a virtue bud. You spend money / donuts to get everything, and complain when EA gives out a gift for everyone. No one forced you to get an item you made that choice.
  • annettemarc
    7745 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:

Bummer.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • 83jonrotton1
    218 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:

They were voted worst gaming company several years in a row. Please don't try time defend them. Perhaps if they spent less time rewarding their cheapskate customers and more time rewarding their loyal customers they'd be in better shape.

The kid's obviously never had a sunburn!
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    BrandoMG wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:

Very true, I didn't spent a single donut and got everything at 60k cards, patience is a virtue bud. You spend money / donuts to get everything, and complain when EA gives out a gift for everyone. No one forced you to get an item you made that choice.

Same here. I build up my donuts bank by gambling once in a while, so I'd never spend them to speed up something that will come for free with time. I hit everything on the wheel at about 60k cards as well, and all of it for free. Excuse me while i call a wambulance for the **** Mr. Sherer.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Everything about Jon is great...especially his name lol.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:

i've spend money on the wheel and to be honest i couldn't care less that they have lower the odds now...

i still haven't even cleared it yet so if the odds being lowered helps me with that i'm fine with it.

besides there are a lot more freemium players then premium they may not give cash for the game but they help in making the game popular.. if this was a premium only game it would of never gotten so successful.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited January 2014
    Now would someone please merge this thread with spAnser's? The last time that happened was one of the most amusing nights I ever spent hanging around this board...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:

The kid's obviously never had a sunburn!

So what do you guys have planned for after you finish ruining this forum?

And no, my beautiful skin doesnt burn. Thanks for noticing! Well, you sad losers bore me, and since I can, I think I'll just knock off at noon and go play with my son. Have fun spreading negativity across the internet. I hope it doesnt come back to you in the form of **** cancer.
  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited January 2014
    He has a point. Like a lot of other people, early on I spent 150 donuts for 30 spins. Had everyone known the odds would change, who would have spent donuts? Nobody. Of course the people who never or rarely spend a dime on this game are going to say, "stop crying" or whatever.

Free players seem to forget that premium players keep this game free/advertisement free for the rest of the community. If we weren't paying for the game, do you think you'd be getting any kind of free prizes/events as often as we do now?

He spent money, so he has the right to complain. People see Josh's name, disregard whether he has a valid complaint, and immediately comment saying how stupid he is.
  • amandabog1
    122 posts
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:
    He has a point. Like a lot of other people, early on I spent 150 donuts for 30 spins. Had everyone known the odds would change, who would have spent donuts? Nobody. Of course the people who never or rarely spend a dime on this game are going to say, "stop crying" or whatever.

Free players seem to forget that premium players keep this game free/advertisement free for the rest of the community. If we weren't paying for the game, do you think you'd be getting any kind of free prizes/events as often as we do now?

He spent money, so he has the right to complain. People see Josh's name, disregard whether he has a valid complaint, and immediately comment saying how stupid he is.

I am happy the odds have changed and I consider myself a "premium player"

I have spent money on the game, a lot more than I am happy to admit (on a game!) and I've used donuts to buy spin tokens...but am STILL missing Claus Co. Although I haven't been playing since TSTO started, I am a very dedicated player (123K gift cards) so I would have been hella disappointed if I didn't get Claus Co by the time the event ended. Even with the updated odds, I'm not holding my breath.

I think there are a select few who would still spend donuts to spin even if they knew the odds would change because they want to be the 1st to have something as soon as it's available.
  • trinity753
    16 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I'm still hoping for a $5/month premium account option. Unlimited access to premium items if you pay. Then the premium players would actually be rewarded appropriately. EA is awful.

I agree. I think something like that would be a good idea.
  • TankGirl2925
    200 posts
    edited January 2014
    amandabog1 wrote:
    llazzarr wrote:

I am happy the odds have changed and I consider myself a "premium player"

I have spent money on the game, a lot more than I am happy to admit (on a game!) and I've used donuts to buy spin tokens...but am STILL missing Claus Co. Although I haven't been playing since TSTO started, I am a very dedicated player (123K gift cards) so I would have been hella disappointed if I didn't get Claus Co by the time the event ended. Even with the updated odds, I'm not holding my breath.

I think there are a select few who would still spend donuts to spin even if they knew the odds would change because they want to be the 1st to have something as soon as it's available.

People are pretty happy over there in CO aren't they?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!