EA Forums - Banner

SMH at General Disscusion

Replies

• Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    zicoboo wrote:
    Ugh.. the topic was locked, that should be the end of it. But anyways, if this is about me and what I said in that thread, for the record I'm not a sensitive little *. I originally didn't even say anything negative and agreed with the OP because I too liked the new character. What annoyed me was other people complaining about the thread being closed and saying that there was absolutely nothing offensive happening in that thread. I was trying to explain why someone else found something offensive in what he said because most people just don't understand Asians have to put up with on a daily basis.

Sorry if I went over the top, but I was honestly just trying to get my point across that rude racial jokes aren't needed here. Yes it's good to be able to have a laugh, but I really don't think making fun of and mocking someone's ethnicity is funny. People should be able to hang out on a forum like this without seeing comments degrading Asian women (or just women in general).. because that's the direction the original thread was going to.

This wasn't about you but more of a general fact for this forum and today's post I guess just pushed it and obviously some people got hurt...(again not saying you)

But why no,t those same races make fun of other ethnicity's all we do is laugh and come harder but since certain ethnicity's are considered minorities in other people's eyes (which is wrong) they feel like they can poke fun at others but can't get poked fun at themselves, the ultimate hypocrisy.
    Everyone is entitled not to have "fun" poked at them. You need to learn to respect that instead of shaking your pom-poms.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    Airion wrote:
    Everyone is entitled not to have "fun" poked at them. You need to learn to respect that instead of shaking your pom-poms.

You obviously need to learn how to take a joke then.

Also since you want to answer to my posts again none of your posts are ever constructive, helpful, or any way good/positive. You always have negative comments to say to everyone and almost literally all your posts are like that. You must really be a grumpy person in real life, if you have one at all. It's like you literally come here just to post your negative posts to others. Do you feel good about it? LOL You Grumplety Groo go play your Grumble Drum and go eat your Grumplety-stew by yourself.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Airion wrote:

Also since you want to answer to my posts again none of your posts are ever constructive, helpful, or any way good/positive. You always have negative comments to say to everyone and almost literally all your posts are like that. You must really be a grumpy person in real life, if you have one at all. It's like you literally come here just to post your negative posts to others. Do you feel good about it? LOL You Grumplety Groo go play your Grumble Drum and go eat your Grumplety-stew by yourself.

That seems to be the norm around here now. People coming into a thread just to say it sucks and stop whinging and ra ra ra. Why say anything at all? I don't even enter threads if I think I wouldn't like them. But hey that's just me. Now wait and see how long it takes for someone to call me out for hitting josh all the time. Bet they don't even know the story, just going of what they saw and calling it of that. Always two sides to a story isn't there mate?
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited January 2014
    I don't think this thread is offensive, neither are posts made by trolls. I find them quite funny, and most of them aren't so offensive, but some people just get really annoyed by them. It should not be a reason for anyone to leave the forum and mostly because that troll is going to win if someone leaves because of him/her.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    LennyAdd wrote:
    I don't think this thread is offensive, neither are posts made by trolls. I find them quite funny, and most of them aren't so offensive, but some people just get really annoyed by them. It should not be a reason for anyone to leave the forum and mostly because that troll is going to win if someone leaves because of him/her.

That's your assumption, which your entitled to but others might not feel the same way therefore it's unfair to assume everyone is ok with it just because you are.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    LennyAdd wrote:

That's your assumption, which your entitled to but others might not feel the same way therefore it's unfair to assume everyone is ok with it just because you are.

Isn't that pretty much the opposite of what OP was saying? He said people are way too sensitive, and find too many things offensive, which he says they shouldn't.

But you're saying, it's not fair to say something is not offensive, when other people might find it offensive.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    LennyAdd wrote:

Isn't that pretty much the opposite of what OP was saying? He said people are way too sensitive, and find too many things offensive, which he says they shouldn't.

But you're saying, it's not fair to say something is not offensive, when other people might find it offensive.

What iam getting at is people making there minds up for others, trust me D I can't say what I really want to say.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    LennyAdd wrote:

What iam getting at is people making there minds up for others, trust me D I can't say what I really want to say.
    I'll +1 to that. :wink:
  • Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited January 2014
    ecneralc wrote:
    I've been avoiding the game discussion page so apparently I've missed something again lol.
    +1 haven't visited the game discussion in a while
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Airion wrote:

That seems to be the norm around here now. People coming into a thread just to say it sucks and stop whinging and ra ra ra. Why say anything at all? I don't even enter threads if I think I wouldn't like them. But hey that's just me. Now wait and see how long it takes for someone to call me out for hitting josh all the time. Bet they don't even know the story, just going of what they saw and calling it of that. Always two sides to a story isn't there mate?

Maybe their looking for some type of recognition they didn't get in real life. :roll:
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    LennyAdd wrote:

I'll +1 to that. :wink:

LOL :lol:
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Airion wrote:

Blah blah blah. :roll:

I don't find racism funny. I ESPECIALLY don't find racism that's "only a joke" funny. If that offends your delicate sensibilities then tough luck. Right is on MY side.
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Airion wrote:
    Airion wrote:

I don't find racism funny. I ESPECIALLY don't find racism that's "only a joke" funny. If that offends your delicate sensibilities then tough luck. Right is on MY side.
    watch out for that LEFT hook though.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Airion wrote:
    Airion wrote:

You know some things on the simpsons are racist and derogatory, but I bet you laugh at that don't you? How would you describe racism?
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Airion wrote:
    Airion wrote:

You know some things on the simpsons are racist and derogatory, but I bet you laugh at that don't you? How would you describe racism?

Better yet, please show us an example of this racism from this forum. People are up in arms over the statement "Bring on the asian godesses and their feet". Thats creepy, but its not racist. Most asian people have feet.
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Airion wrote:
    Airion wrote:

its something I dont like and dont you dare disagree with me you racist **** hillbilly from somewhere near hicksville.

PS you suck the coomera
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Deleted a post for unconstructive blatant excitement. I don't know if it was meant to be a joke or not, but how about everybody chill out today? Its been a busy Friday here.
  • Baekonn
    46 posts
    edited January 2014
    Would you people just drop it already! How is making tiredazz statements derived from a colonialism/war time era where women of east asian descent were seen as nothing more then * and sex toys for pleasure not considered offensive or racist?

Why does one even have to bring up stuff like that on a slow relatively boring and heavily moderated forum such as this where everyone is generally really nice to each other. On other forums i understand but on a niche EA games forum like this?? Seriously?

The main thing i have a problem with more so then the actual comments made by the one or two individuals is the indifference shown by the majority of (i assume) non asian male members on here, its like yall people just refuse to acknowledge that its wrong.

If the simpsons introduced a character (female) of any other race, there wouldn't be this much *, if an arab women was introduced, would there be this much disrespect and back and forth arguments whether this is racist or not, with the majority favoring the latter.

• adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    Deleted a post for unconstructive blatant excitement. I don't know if it was meant to be a joke or not, but how about everybody chill out today? Its been a busy Friday here.
    chill? Jebus its already saturday evening and after a rather liquid bbq with a dozen gwests I couldnt be any more horizontal!
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Airion wrote:
    Airion wrote:

No, I don't laugh at racism, no matter who draws it. Having been subjected to it for most of my formative years, I don't find racial stereotyping or "poking fun" at someone because of their ethnic origin at all amusing. Being told to chill "it's just a joke" is the same as saying "I'm not racist, but..." in my book.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.