EA Forums - Banner

SMH at General Disscusion

13Next

Replies

• Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Airion wrote:
    Being told to chill "it's just a joke" is the same as saying "I'm not racist, but..." in my book.
    I didn't mean to say chill on being against racism. To be clear, that was not directed at your opinions at all. What I meant to everyone in this heated discussion, is please chill out on violating the forum rules... please.

• Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    Airion wrote:
    Airion wrote:
    Everyone is entitled not to have "fun" poked at them. You need to learn to respect that instead of shaking your pom-poms.

You obviously need to learn how to take a joke then.

Also since you want to answer to my posts again none of your posts are ever constructive, helpful, or any way good/positive. You always have negative comments to say to everyone and almost literally all your posts are like that. You must really be a grumpy person in real life, if you have one at all. It's like you literally come here just to post your negative posts to others. Do you feel good about it? LOL You Grumplety Groo go play your Grumble Drum and go eat your Grumplety-stew by yourself.
    Blah blah blah. :roll:

I don't find racism funny. I ESPECIALLY don't find racism that's "only a joke" funny. If that offends your delicate sensibilities then tough luck. Right is on MY side.

Must have hit a nerve.

Don't know how you jumped from topic in hand to racism? Was anything racist?
    But to address it, It depends how you go about it and who you are talking to. Please return from the 20th century.
    By your terms half of the dictionary is racist.
    Your proof of a pure product of the system.

By all your posts I can tell right is something DEFINITELY not on your side.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    Deleted a post for unconstructive blatant excitement. I don't know if it was meant to be a joke or not, but how about everybody chill out today? Its been a busy Friday here.

Woah I come back and see all this!?! I must've missed quite a feud.. :roll:
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    Baekonn wrote:
    Would you people just drop it already! How is making tiredazz statements derived from a colonialism/war time era where women of east asian descent were seen as nothing more then * and sex toys for pleasure not considered offensive or racist?

So anytime someone says that they are attracted to asian women, their statement is based in ancient history? There were points in history during which ALL women were viewed as such. By that logic, being attracted to women is racist.

Being the child of cuban immigrants in the american south, I have seen racism reer its ugly head a time or two. I dont complain, we dont have it half as bad as what black people have to put up with down here. Not to belittle your plight, but if your biggest problem is people find you sexually attractive, you've got it good.

Now I'm not going to deny that in western culture asian peoples are viewed as second class citizens, and racism towards them is not met with even a fraction of the backlash as the same actions towards another minority would be. But those that lashed back against the statements made by Josh (am I really here defending something Josh said? Ick) made some huge inferences in that by saying he was attracted to asian women and feet that he meant anything to do with foot binding and the like. I didnt get that out of what he wrote, I saw that he likes asian women, and I assumed he had a thing for feet. Binding feet never crossed my mind, is that even still a thing? Are people still binding feet? That is exactly what he wants you to do, inference something innapropriate without him saying it, and then say it for him.

Let me pose you a question. If I said I was attracted to Mexican women and their faces, would you assume that was a reference to Mayan people elongating their skulls? It takes the same jump in logic as associating asian women with bound feet.
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Airion wrote:
    Airion wrote:
    Everyone is entitled not to have "fun" poked at them. You need to learn to respect that instead of shaking your pom-poms.

Also since you want to answer to my posts again none of your posts are ever constructive, helpful, or any way good/positive. You always have negative comments to say to everyone and almost literally all your posts are like that. You must really be a grumpy person in real life, if you have one at all. It's like you literally come here just to post your negative posts to others. Do you feel good about it? LOL You Grumplety Groo go play your Grumble Drum and go eat your Grumplety-stew by yourself.

I don't find racism funny. I ESPECIALLY don't find racism that's "only a joke" funny. If that offends your delicate sensibilities then tough luck. Right is on MY side.

Must have hit a nerve.

But to address it, It depends how you go about it and who you are talking to. Please return from the 20th century.

Wait, hang on. You're psychiatrically assessing me by my posts on an internet forum? There isn't a word to describe you that doesn't break the forum rules. Just because I don't run around sucking up to EA, the mods, "power" players and everyone else. I speak my mind, unlike most people here who share the hive mind mentality.

So why don't you stop trying to make veiled personal insults. Either you can debate or you can't. Trying to flame someone to provoke a reaction tells me that you can't.
  • NeiltonSantos11
    1113 posts
    edited January 2014
    I can feel the love
    2iixyci.jpg
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited January 2014
    I can feel the love
    2iixyci.jpg
    tumblr_lqnqauk5q01r0mhfro1_500.gif :thumbup: :lol:
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    Airion wrote:
    Airion wrote:
    Airion wrote:

Must have hit a nerve.

Wait, hang on. You're psychiatrically assessing me by my posts on an internet forum? There isn't a word to describe you that doesn't break the forum rules. Just because I don't run around sucking up to EA, the mods, "power" players and everyone else. I speak my mind, unlike most people here who share the hive mind mentality.

So why don't you stop trying to make veiled personal insults. Either you can debate or you can't. Trying to flame someone to provoke a reaction tells me that you can't.

Hmmmm well all you do is spread negativity. So I'm going by what you put out. If you really have to come to an online forum to say negative stuff why come at all? I remember two other times you tried attacking me and I just avoided your troll actions. Ever since whenever I notice your name I see nothing but negative posts to whatever thread your commenting so that's all on you.

Yes I can only agree there this forum does get babied, considering to a lot of other places, but after all there are a lots of babies here.

You speak your mind? You don't you do it in a manageable way? You not only attack everyone and now you feel some type of way just cause i hit a nerve? Grow up. I for one try to do it in a way I don't hurt others and not break any rules so my posts can stay up but some people get offended no matter what hence my thread of people being to emotional and over sensitive. I speak the truth and speak my mind and some people like me for it and some people hate. That's all. Who's sucking to EA? If anything I diss them and only protect them when they didn't do nothing wrong but people blame them because you fell for their business scheme which is only the players fault not them. People have to take responsibilities for themselves. Regarding to mods half of them hate me cause of my pure honestly cause some of them can't handle it. Probably because they been babied most of their life. Only a few mods agree with what I have to say and we have a mutual respect is all. Same goes for other players that also agree with me and more agree then disagree. So is it my fault? No truth is the truth and PEOPLE JUST CAN'T HANDLE IT. Just because you want to be ignorant and rude you think you can get your way. Just sound like another baby to me.

You flame everyone? So now you get hurt because it was done to you in a mannered way? Lol the hypocrisy kills me. You might as well just be considered another troll.

• Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Baekonn wrote:
    Would you people just drop it already! How is making tiredazz statements derived from a colonialism/war time era where women of east asian descent were seen as nothing more then * and sex toys for pleasure not considered offensive or racist?

So anytime someone says that they are attracted to asian women, their statement is based in ancient history? There were points in history during which ALL women were viewed as such. By that logic, being attracted to women is racist.

Being the child of cuban immigrants in the american south, I have seen racism reer its ugly head a time or two. I dont complain, we dont have it half as bad as what black people have to put up with down here. Not to belittle your plight, but if your biggest problem is people find you sexually attractive, you've got it good.

Now I'm not going to deny that in western culture asian peoples are viewed as second class citizens, and racism towards them is not met with even a fraction of the backlash as the same actions towards another minority would be. But those that lashed back against the statements made by Josh (am I really here defending something Josh said? Ick) made some huge inferences in that by saying he was attracted to asian women and feet that he meant anything to do with foot binding and the like. I didnt get that out of what he wrote, I saw that he likes asian women, and I assumed he had a thing for feet. Binding feet never crossed my mind, is that even still a thing? Are people still binding feet? That is exactly what he wants you to do, inference something innapropriate without him saying it, and then say it for him.

Let me pose you a question. If I said I was attracted to Mexican women and their faces, would you assume that was a reference to Mayan people elongating their skulls? It takes the same jump in logic as associating asian women with bound feet.

Even though your held against your will in Florida I will come and free you from oppression. We need more people with a logical sense in life.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    People are getting too angry at each other now, so this thread is being locked. Anybody who wants to question the actions I've taken as a mod, feel free to PM me, and I'll be willing to discuss it with you. But this forum is not the place for figuring out what is and isn't offensive. Any more follow up threads like this, and you can expect them to be locked or hidden due to spamming.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.