EA Forums - Banner

Elf House & Egg Nog Bar?

Prev1
Generally speaking items of this nature become cash giving decorations Ie: the wailing walls and graveyards you will see in some towns.

Replies

• danexley85678
    27 posts
    edited January 2014
    Your probably right, should have thought of that myself really :oops:
  • mattmcshane
    427 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    It's the present depot I'm most intrigued by. Will it still centre the town? We should be able to store it really because its ugly as sin, but then can we still use something else to centre the town? Will it give out money? because it doesn't have a timer on at the moment.
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    It's the present depot I'm most intrigued by. Will it still centre the town? We should be able to store it really because its ugly as sin, but then can we still use something else to centre the town? Will it give out money? because it doesn't have a timer on at the moment.

Given how it looks, I'm hoping it will fold into something that looks like a flagpole, but retains its function as a LZ position...
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited January 2014

I highly doubt the present depot will continue to serve as the landing zone. It is a limited time item, after all, and hence not available for players who will begin playing the game only after the event is over.
  • danexley85678
    27 posts
    edited January 2014

It is damn ugly! Thing is though after the event is over in a couple of days and there is a new update, players that start playing the game after the update will not have it to centre their town. So my guess would be that it gets switched off.
  • brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited January 2014
    I do hope some kind of landing zone remains. It's a wonderful feature when not used incorrectly. As for the Elf House, I wouldn't mind if it pretty well stays the same - once a day they can be released to tap all the buildings. That would save me 2-3 minutes every day.
  • danexley85678
    27 posts
    edited January 2014
    TT_Degnan wrote:

Given how it looks, I'm hoping it will fold into something that looks like a flagpole, but retains its function as a LZ position...

That would be cool.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11495 posts Member
    edited January 2014

I highly doubt the present depot will continue to serve as the landing zone. It is a limited time item, after all, and hence not available for players who will begin playing the game only after the event is over.
    the landing zone is uglier since it's the center of my available space. **** I prefer still having the PD out
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • danexley85678
    27 posts
    edited January 2014
    brewdog79 wrote:
    I do hope some kind of landing zone remains. It's a wonderful feature when not used incorrectly. As for the Elf House, I wouldn't mind if it pretty well stays the same - once a day they can be released to tap all the buildings. That would save me 2-3 minutes every day.

Doubt that will happen, kinda takes away the object of the game in some way.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6269 posts Moderator
    edited January 2014
    The Egg Nog Bar & Elf House will start giving out cash after the update. Not sure of the Present Depot. But I would think it would maybe give out cash too.

I'm hoping the Elf House converts into the elves collecting up the cash from buildings.
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited January 2014

I've got a small number of people on my list who have obviously stopped playing, as they don't have the depot, and their LZ works the way it used to back in the day, so the game code can cope without it...

Not disagreeing with you, just hopeful :)
  • mrnerdstrom
    207 posts
    edited January 2014
    I really like being able to move my landing zone so people don't have to hunt for things that I would like tapped, like corn, Ernie Pye @ channel 6, Squid port tile (if I didn't max out before update), Hans Moleman @ open air stage, or just to keep giving neighbors a little variety to look at.

• kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited January 2014
    It would be cool to just pick a building as our landing zone, like each building could have a "favorite" star in its timer, and when clicked it'd be your landing zone until you click a new one.
  • mattmcshane
    427 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Good point about newer players not having the present depot. I wouldn't want to use that as the landing zone anyway. Ideally I'd have my jeb statue (the original one). Before squidport my jeb statue was the centre if my town anyway, right in the middle of the town square. But then the centre changed with the addition of squidport and the extra row of land.
  • cbecker13
    20 posts
    edited January 2014
    kylstrk wrote:
    It would be cool to just pick a building as our landing zone, like each building could have a "favorite" star in its timer, and when clicked it'd be your landing zone until you click a new one.

That is a great idea
  • LPNintendoITA
    11495 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    brewdog79 wrote:

Doubt that will happen, kinda takes away the object of the game in some way.
    also people who use the multitappable building will cry a lot if they use this by mistake
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Having been hit with the Present Depot bug at the beginning of te Christmas Event, I can tell you that it is not storable.

The developers could make it storable
    remove from the game
    Leave it with it current functionality
    Leave it remove the current functionality

I believe since we all paid $2000 for it; I believe it will stay. They are items in the game like Maple store that are no longer available. Therefore new players not having it would not be a new condition

Without the present depot, you would have the default landing zone, there was no reason to delete that programming logic.
  • ebenbane
    188 posts
    edited January 2014

I imagine it will just disappear when the xmas stuff is removed. It was already built and only had to be placed at the start of the xmas update. I doubt it will stay.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    pQB90xX.jpg
    Looks like the eggnog bar will generate cash.
    Based off my second account
  • rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    cbecker13 wrote:
    kylstrk wrote:

That is a great idea

:thumbup: +1
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!