EA Forums - Banner

Super Collider in Halloween Event 2012

I'm not sure whether this building will return, but i have always had the same view for any old building that has been and gone that "new" people who havent been able to get is that i hope EA will bring them back :)

Now if the old building was limited time and you had to pay donuts for them then the building should come back and cost donuts again.
If the building was in an event where you had to work hard to be able to get then it should cost donuts (sorry) but if the building was a freebie then it should come back as a freebie again :)

Hope that all makes sense

Replies

• ayyezajac
    138 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Doubt it.
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited January 2014
    It was not offered as part of the Halloween Event, it was an episode tie-in.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6286 posts Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Since it did not return last year for the Hallowenn update, it's highly unlikely that it will be available again. But like the old saying goes..."you never know"

Just don't hold your breath. Because it may just stay retired.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    As I said in other/previous posts, I think those are a matter of "time" before they are added to the Halloween 'lore'. Since it was most recent one to air (before the new one), the focus was obviously on 2013's episode. They also may not have wanted to overwhelm everyone with the return of basically everything else (Cemeteries, characters, House of Evil, etc). Obviously the stuff they did bring back is a major part of the 'lore' since those are all tied to previous episodes (just not the most recent). So I would doubt they'd keep it retired forever.

That doesn't mean it will hit this year, but I think there's a better chance of it doing so.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    It'll be back eventually. People will pay good donuts for it. We've already had limited episode tie-ins return so this one will likely not be an exception.
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    We've already had limited episode tie-ins return so this one will likely not be an exception.

Things released for a limited time as an episode tie-in being re-released would be the exception.
  • mattmcshane
    427 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    It was not offered as part of the Halloween Event, it was an episode tie-in.
    nah I'm sure it was Halloween. It was in the Halloween episode in 2012.
  • mattmcshane
    427 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    We've already had limited episode tie-ins return so this one will likely not be an exception.

Things released for a limited time as an episode tie-in being re-released would be the exception.
    Wrong again sorry. Swanky fish has twice appeared as a limited time episode tie in.

Not that the rule would apply to the super collinder anyway.
  • TankGirl2925
    200 posts
    edited January 2014
    I wasn't super confident on my title but I hoped it would bring up past items in topic conversation. I'd sell my Stadium for the Super Collider any day.

Ooh ooh ooh, you remeber the choo-choo's from last yrs Valentines?? I sold them ALL. Wished I had kept one for the playground.

Now, I have 3.8 million (small, I know). Who wants to sell me their Super Collider?? Meet in the Adult Education Annex, PUNCH & PIE ! And a free hat.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Super colilnder was part of Halloween 2012 but it was tied in to the THOH episode.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:

Wrong again sorry. Swanky fish has twice appeared as a limited time episode tie in.

Not that the rule would apply to the super collinder anyway.

Swanky Fish is a good example of never saying never when it comes to TSTO. All it would take would be some small reference to the Super Collider in a future episode and bam! 100 donut premium building episode tie-in many players would gladly hand over real money to possess and EA doesn't have to use resources recreating.

I wasn't watching closely, but did we even see the exterior of the Swanky Fish in last night's episode or did we just assume that's where Homer and Kumiko's dad were eating sushi? Likewise, they mentioned Mr. Sparkle a few times, but did we even see the billboard?
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:

False. We have had episode tie-in limited time items return. As someone said, Swanky Fish is 1 example. There is at least 1 more but I'm at work and will need to check what it was later, but I know for a fact they brought another thing like that back.
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

False. We have had episode tie-in limited time items return. As someone said, Swanky Fish is 1 example. There is at least 1 more but I'm at work and will need to check what it was later, but I know for a fact they brought another thing like that back.

Josh is right, they have brought back limited time items. Be they holiday related, episode tie-ins or other...

So, maybe it is just a matter of time.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11530 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    it was tied in to the THOH episode.
    thoh is the point of the halloween event lol
    this year first week was tied in to the episode itself with the question in the simpson house with answer to be found in the episode.
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I believe Fat Tony was also an episode tie-in.
  • mattmcshane
    427 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I believe Fat Tony was also an episode tie-in.
    was indeed josho. Went from a limited time freebie ep tie in to a character that came with a level update building.

As madfish said, all bets are off now. anything can come back.
  • TankGirl2925
    200 posts
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the input peeps, I'll keep an eye out and you'll hear all about it because I'll be jumpin' around causing a ruckus if it does come back!

Woot!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!