EA Forums - Banner

[Poll] Give us Dirt/New Ground Cover, day [ 654 ] of many <--- EA [email protected]@K

Replies

• spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    :thumbup: I approve of the additions mentioned.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    While we're at it-picnic tables please!
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    ssim51.gif?w=420
  • ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited January 2014
    Updated my initial post with a summary of all suggested surfaces/ground covers thus far. I will post it here too for convenience:

-Dirt or smaller dirt pathways/walkways
    -useable Parking Lot Surface (instead of a decoration)
    -useable roads
    -Pavers
    -Cobblestone
    -Snow
    -Sand
    -Swamp Water
    -Gravel
    -Wooden planks/bridges
    -Different colored grass/dead grass
    -Cracked pot hole roads
    -Water transition to connect a river to the sea

Keep this going...
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    ehoffa21 wrote:
    Updated my initial post with a summary of all suggested surfaces/ground covers thus far. I will post it here too for convenience:

-Dirt or smaller dirt pathways/walkways
    -useable Parking Lot Surface (instead of a decoration)
    -useable roads
    -Pavers
    -Cobblestone
    -Snow
    -Sand
    -Swamp Water
    -Gravel
    -Wooden planks/bridges
    -Different colored grass/dead grass
    -Cracked pot hole roads
    -Water transition to connect a river to the sea

Keep this going...

Every single one of these is a great idea--especially swampland, footbridges, and dirt. Dirt!
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    mdawny wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    ehoffa21 wrote:
    I apologize up front because I am sure you will get sick of seeing this but I am starting a campaign to generate a post each day to campaign for Dirt, ground cover. Anyone can suggest additional ground covers or weigh in but my hope is that EA will take notice and provide some additional ground design options. Dirt seems to be the most logical start (in my mind) so I am beginning there.

So EA, please give us Dirt...
    mods will stop you by day 2 so yea
    Why would they stop this thread?
    This doesn't go against any rules. :?

They meant a post a day. Not this thread. Would be better to just bump it each day. :)
    Cobblestone is a great idea! I'd like to be able to put palm trees a little further into Springfield.
    Gravel road?

Edit: ya beat me to the gravel, AJ! Lol And those ideas are great!
    I realized that after I clicked post.
    Dumb moment on my part lol
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I'd like ground cover to be available in 'small'. Like about half the size of the current footprint.
  • fool427
    27 posts
    edited January 2014
    I personally disapprove of dirt. I want Compost brought only through CHICKEN RECYCLING
  • Distracty
    306 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    While you're at it, throw some half-width (2 grid squares wide instead of 4) pavement on the list.

I need this to extend driveways, make walking paths, a track behind the high school, and SO MUCH MORE.

4X4 minimum area for EVERY kind of surface is really limiting.
  • SimplePlan2k8
    34 posts
    edited January 2014
    Half-width pavement would be awesome... If the characters would treat concrete slabs the way they treat roads that would be great too, I rarely see my characters walking on it

I'd also like the ability to create parks that characters can walk around - they tend to ignore mine :roll:
  • Rooneytoon
    162 posts
    edited January 2014
    Yep, would like to have another path on which the springfielders could walking around. I made a big park and I don't wan't to put a street through it! So my springfielders never walking around there! Sad thing..
  • cjryder625
    1426 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    anything would be good so I can get rid of that awful green.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't understand why they haven't added more ground options before, the game has been out for a very long time and all we got is road and asphalt.

We also need zebra crossings as an option on the road, and green lights and some more signs that can be placed on the sidewalk.
  • CookieKwan1
    962 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Rooneytoon wrote:
    Yep, would like to have another path on which the springfielders could walking around. I made a big park and I don't wan't to put a street through it! So my springfielders never walking around there! Sad thing..

I put two pieces of road in the middle of my park where my river runs through so my Springfielders occasionally stroll through. They look over the bridge and enjoy a moment of tranquility before heading back to business. I'm definitely for a more decorative bridge to shnaz that up a bit. Loving the different usable pathways idea, it creeps me out when they walk through someone's yard to go one street over when I have pavement right near it.
  • KayneMatrix
    161 posts
    edited January 2014
    I totally support this! Especially the transition from stream to sea. I LOVE the idea of more sand and Dirt.

i would also love to see land that decorative ited can actually be placed on without taking up space for buildings and such i.e stop sign being able to be next to say meters of garbage cans without having to have so much space between them .
  • philippama998
    739 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    A nice addition would also to be able to place roads/concrete etc. free and where I want instead of pre-defined 4 cluster distance
  • KayneMatrix
    161 posts
    edited January 2014
    I totally agree with that!
  • Jamie5966
    147 posts
    edited January 2014
    Make this happen EA!
  • JustHitESC
    34 posts
    edited January 2014
    Love this idea, it would be so great for us to get some new styles and textures for the floors around Springfield. I'm getting really sick of trying to make my buildings look unique but failing because the only options you have are plain floor or a horrible grey texture.

It basically forces you into either having an extremely industrial appearance about your town, or having buildings on grass which looks equally strange.

Very good idea, been wanting EA to implement this for a long time.

(Also no reason why EA couldn't give players access to snow all year around, for those sadists who actually like everything being bleak white 24/7 :wink: )
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited January 2014
    Distracty wrote:
    While you're at it, throw some half-width (2 grid squares wide instead of 4) pavement on the list.

I need this to extend driveways, make walking paths, a track behind the high school, and SO MUCH MORE.

4X4 minimum area for EVERY kind of surface is really limiting.

+1 and I really like the idea of having potholes
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.