EA Forums - Banner

I've figured out what "unsolved murder" means

Replies

  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited January 2014
    firesoul19 wrote:
    baddazoner wrote:
    considering they have made 100 million+ in revenue out of the game i would say it wouldn't hurt them to throw us a bone every once and a while..

    besides the snow god melting into a useless puddle (which many people only unlocked right at the end) we've been waiting on level 38 for quite some time.

    it wouldn't hurt them to release updates more regularly even if it's just questlines or skins for one character it at least gives something to the community to do..

    I'm confused. Before Halloween they were giving us updates every 2 weeks or so. You're saying they should be more often than that? Yeah it's been a while since lvl 37 came out, but with the holiday events I would think those were keeping the devs plenty busy, right? The events certainly kept me busy, with things to build and design, and the quests. Maybe i'm doing it wrong, but I don't rush tasks. And I'm usually busy enough in real life that I can't log in right away when a task is done, so there's some lag time in between....

    i don't remember it being every 2 weeks but it has been a while..

    yes it should be every 2 weeks or even something added every week like a bunch of good weekly tasks quests or whatever. every update doesn't need to be a new building or something just a bunch of quests a skin or tie in or even bring back a limited edition item.. a bunch of long quests would be enough to fill in the time between updates.
  • theredjacket
    526 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:

    EA, you're losing me fast. Very fast.

    Yay!
  • MegaIllusiveMan
    154 posts
    edited January 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    The number of the beast! Dgwglenn is a secret member of the illuminati, here to use immunisations as a form of mass mind control!

    487v.gif
  • DIrishBdo
    57 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They're talking about how EA has murdered my interest in the game. And guess what, I solved the mystery. It was through another terrible update.

    First off, they melted the Ice God. It was predictable that the new snowmen would melt as the others did, but at least their heads are recognizable. The ice god is just a puddle now. He takes up space and cannot compliment my Buddhist Temple anymore. Second, the grass seems way to green. And most important, after months without a level update, we finally end this wretched X-Mas update which seemed to drag on forever, and we got nothing from it. No new land/characters/buildings/decorations. Nothing. I barely check once a day anymore. Did you know that since I began playing this game last X-Mas, for the first time ever I actually missed a day last week and had my daily bonus reset? That has never happened to me before.

    EA, you're losing me fast. Very fast.

    Given the long and protracted habit of yours of posting these threads, I'd argue the fact they're losing you at all, let alone "very fast".
  • BrandoMG
    101 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    BrandoMG wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    First off, they melted the Ice God. It was predictable that the new snowmen would melt as the others did, but at least their heads are recognizable. The ice god is just a puddle now. He takes up space and cannot compliment my Buddhist Temple anymore.

    You do know that they are two different religions right ?

    Same religious symbols. Show me the Hindu Temple in this game. If you can't, then go away.
    Completely different symbols, but I do have a Hindu temple in my town it was a very limited item, you must have missed it.
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Quoodle wrote:
    I think some people don't understand correctly - a puddle is more buddhist than a snow idol. Perfect to put in front of the buddhist temple.

    :mrgreen: Ha ha! Yep, that's right! Non attachment is a strong Buddhist principle.

    I completely agree with Josh though. It's very disappointing to loose something that looked so perfect in front of the temple. And, now I have to figure out a way to hide it.

    I'm in a different space in the game. I'm leveled up, but still need to buy up lots of land and long time players would consider me cash poor. So personally, I can wait for another update. But I've played other similar games. And once you have everything, then it's over. There is just no incentive to play.
  • jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited January 2014
    Quoodle wrote:
    I think some people don't understand correctly - a puddle is more buddhist than a snow idol. Perfect to put in front of the buddhist temple.

    :mrgreen: Ha ha! Yep, that's right! Non attachment is a strong Buddhist principle.

    I completely agree with Josh though. It's very disappointing to loose something that looked so perfect in front of the temple. And, now I have to figure out a way to hide it.

    I'm in a different space in the game. I'm leveled up, but still need to buy up lots of land and long time players would consider me cash poor. So personally, I can wait for another update. But I've played other similar games. And once you have everything, then it's over. There is just no incentive to play.

    If by perfect, you meant like a cross out in front of a synagogue, then you're right.

  • cjryder625
    1418 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    that might look pretty too :D
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited January 2014
    baddazoner wrote:
    wasn't pleased that the snow god that took me weeks of spinning (and purchasing 10 spin tokens) just melted into a unrecognisable puddle.

    and i have to agree that without constant updates my interest fades with the game... i have enough money at this point that it's unnecessary for me to log in and play every day as i usually would.

    and by update i wouldn't mind if it was just one that introduced a questline to keep me interested.. those of us at level 37 have little left to do until the next update and i'm 100% sure we all have more then enough money saved up.. there is just too much downtime between updates and makes the game get boring.

    So true. At 80 million
    Bored
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They're talking about how EA has murdered my interest in the game. And guess what, I solved the mystery. It was through another terrible update.

    First off, they melted the Ice God. It was predictable that the new snowmen would melt as the others did, but at least their heads are recognizable. The ice god is just a puddle now. He takes up space and cannot compliment my Buddhist Temple anymore.

    Of course anyone's free to build his or her SF as they see fit, but the ice god never was a complement to the Buddhist temple because it's a Hindu god. Also, the puddle version is a perfect fit next to the ice rink or parked in front of Barney's Snow Plow.
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Second, the grass seems way to green.

    Totally a matter of opinion, doesn't bother me, and IMO doesn't equate to EA "murdering" the game.
    JoshSherer wrote:
    And most important, after months without a level update, we finally end this wretched X-Mas update which seemed to drag on forever, and we got nothing from it. No new land/characters/buildings/decorations.

    So you didn't collect ANY of the individual or community prizes? You didn't get anything from the wheel? You didn't get the Yes Man, you didn't get the Elf House (which still generates $$ and XP), you didn't get the Christmas tree, the reindeer...need I go on? We actually got a LOT from the update, even if you remove the wheel from the equation.
    JoshSherer wrote:
    EA, you're losing me fast. Very fast.

    Is that a threat, or a promise?

    You'll never stop playing because you clearly find great satisfaction in being dissatisfied with the game and then posting dissatisfied rants here. You are most definitely getting something you like and value from this game: a bottomless spit n' vinegar refill. :roll:
  • TankGirl2925
    200 posts
    edited January 2014
    Annnnd...

    Expected more land.
    :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • rocca2180116
    32 posts
    edited January 2014
    baddazoner wrote:

    the simpsons game is great but when you have all the available free buildings plenty of cash saved up and don't have new quests for me there is little incentive to play it.

    i still load it up every few days but it isn't as fun when you don't have new stuff to build or do.

    imo this is a game that would benefit from weekly tasks added that give xp or whatever.. there is just too much downtime between updates/events.

    I couldn't agree more, even a short quest line would keep most of the daily players busy until the next update rolls through. After the long wait I was really expecting something besides just taking away the snow, not even any dialog or hints as to what to expect, and where is level 38?
  • Dalekbuster523
    909 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    You should have stored them like I did. I still have my Ice God and snowmen.
  • DanceApocalyptic
    247 posts
    edited January 2014

    Of course anyone's free to build his or her SF as they see fit, but the ice god never was a complement to the Buddhist temple because it's a Hindu god. Also, the puddle version is a perfect fit next to the ice rink or parked in front of Barney's Snow Plow.

    Good point.
  • TankGirl2925
    200 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They're talking about how EA has murdered my interest in the game. And guess what, I solved the mystery. It was through another terrible update.

    First off, they melted the Ice God. It was predictable that the new snowmen would melt as the others did, but at least their heads are recognizable. The ice god is just a puddle now. He takes up space and cannot compliment my Buddhist Temple anymore.

    Of course anyone's free to build his or her SF as they see fit, but the ice god never was a complement to the Buddhist temple because it's a Hindu god. Also, the puddle version is a perfect fit next to the ice rink or parked in front of Barney's Snow Plow.
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Second, the grass seems way to green.

    Totally a matter of opinion, doesn't bother me, and IMO doesn't equate to EA "murdering" the game.
    JoshSherer wrote:
    And most important, after months without a level update, we finally end this wretched X-Mas update which seemed to drag on forever, and we got nothing from it. No new land/characters/buildings/decorations.

    So you didn't collect ANY of the individual or community prizes? You didn't get anything from the wheel? You didn't get the Yes Man, you didn't get the Elf House (which still generates $$ and XP), you didn't get the Christmas tree, the reindeer...need I go on? We actually got a LOT from the update, even if you remove the wheel from the equation.
    JoshSherer wrote:
    EA, you're losing me fast. Very fast.

    Is that a threat, or a promise?

    You'll never stop playing because you clearly find great satisfaction in being dissatisfied with the game and then posting dissatisfied rants here. You are most definitely getting something you like and value from this game: a bottomless spit n' vinegar refill. :roll:

    You have intelligent answers but everytime you post, it feels like you're belitting everyone because you you have an answer for everything. It doesn't make you appear more knowledgable about technical programming, it makes you appear standoffish and it's quite demeaning to the people who don't announce their titles or their knowledge or skills right out in the open.

    I'm sorry to get off topic here, but to be clear, you are absolutely berating Josh for the sake of putting yourself up higher on the totem and putting him beneath you. There's nothing wrong with sharing advice or information on the subject/s you understand and have great prowess in but it's not worth being pompous about. It would be like me telling you that your avatar looks cheap and that I could draw something better with my eyes shut all just because I have my degree in Fine Arts and finshing graduate work in Painting and Printmaking.
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    You should have stored them like I did. I still have my Ice God and snowmen.

    Here's a thought.. Take them out of storage and see what they look like? The snow people always melt, that's the way it is. The Hindu ice sculpture is a piece of art... And has a hefty multiplier. People, me included, didn't store it because it has no connection to Christmas (except for the fact that it was a prize, which we won, from the wheel.)

  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited January 2014
    You have intelligent answers but everytime you post, it feels like you're belitting everyone because you you have an answer for everything. It doesn't make you appear more knowledgable about technical programming, it makes you appear standoffish and it's quite demeaning to the people who don't announce their titles or their knowledge or skills right out in the open.

    And why you're making this comment after quoting my remarks that have NOTHING to do with technical aspects of the game is puzzling to me.

    I never "announced" my background until it became relevant --- specifically, until someone started demanding, "Oh yeah, well how do YOU know so much?" Also, in addition to sometimes adding my two cents in response to another player's question here, I've posted questions of my own, as well as tips I've found useful in my own game. In other words, I try to be a productive member of the community here.
    I'm sorry to get off topic here, but to be clear, you are absolutely berating Josh for the sake of putting yourself up higher on the totem and putting him beneath you.

    No, I'm not "berating" anyone. I am stating my opinion. I'm pretty sure that's what online discussion boards are FOR. As for my motives, it has nothing to do with 'putting myself higher' in any way, it's because I disagree with him and have as much right to say so as he has to complain in the first place. To me he's just a troll: someone who only joins in the discussion to complain, never to praise or offer any real help to others. Since when is disagreeing with a troll (or anyone else, for that matter?) a sign of a superiority complex?
    There's nothing wrong with sharing advice or information on the subject/s you understand and have great prowess in but it's not worth being pompous about.

    I'm not being pompous, and I'm kind of insulted that you're saying so. If anyone is berating anyone about anything here, it's YOU berating ME. Pretty openly.
    It would be like me telling you that your avatar looks cheap and that I could draw something better with my eyes shut all just because I have my degree in Fine Arts and finshing graduate work in Painting and Printmaking.

    No it wouldn't, because:

    1) When I volunteer tech background, it's to address a specific issue or problem someone has reported here, NOT just to criticize and say I could do it better.

    2) The kind of comment you describe is nothing but a critical put-down followed by a brag. I don't do that. While I sometimes post about why the game may be the way it is, or what the devs may be up to---always in response to a question or comment from someone else who seems to genuinely want more information---, I have NEVER followed those remarks with a comment saying I could do better because of my experience.

    IMO, someone who thinks they're in a position to dictate how and what people should say here is no less out of line or irritating than the ones who think they're in a position to tell others how to play the game.
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They're talking about how EA has murdered my interest in the game. And guess what, I solved the mystery. It was through another terrible update.

    First off, they melted the Ice God. It was predictable that the new snowmen would melt as the others did, but at least their heads are recognizable. The ice god is just a puddle now. He takes up space and cannot compliment my Buddhist Temple anymore.

    Of course anyone's free to build his or her SF as they see fit, but the ice god never was a complement to the Buddhist temple because it's a Hindu god. Also, the puddle version is a perfect fit next to the ice rink or parked in front of Barney's Snow Plow.
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Second, the grass seems way to green.

    Totally a matter of opinion, doesn't bother me, and IMO doesn't equate to EA "murdering" the game.
    JoshSherer wrote:
    And most important, after months without a level update, we finally end this wretched X-Mas update which seemed to drag on forever, and we got nothing from it. No new land/characters/buildings/decorations.

    So you didn't collect ANY of the individual or community prizes? You didn't get anything from the wheel? You didn't get the Yes Man, you didn't get the Elf House (which still generates $$ and XP), you didn't get the Christmas tree, the reindeer...need I go on? We actually got a LOT from the update, even if you remove the wheel from the equation.
    JoshSherer wrote:
    EA, you're losing me fast. Very fast.

    Is that a threat, or a promise?

    You'll never stop playing because you clearly find great satisfaction in being dissatisfied with the game and then posting dissatisfied rants here. You are most definitely getting something you like and value from this game: a bottomless spit n' vinegar refill. :roll:

    Referring to the quote in red. Josh is not talking at all about the Christmas update. He's writing about the update we got yesterday. He clearly explained that but for a few people, they've confused the issue.

    Why be so nasty about what he wrote? Are you happy with no level up to 38? The last time we got a level up was in October during Halloween. I too am losing interest in the game because of this. I know there are a parade of people in the forums who dislike me, I'm not trying to win a popularity contest. I'm just amazed at how people stick up for EA. The fact that it's the PREMIUM players who make it possible for this games success, we have every damned right to hold EA's feet to the fire.

    (By nasty, I mean the overall tone of your post. It's really obvious that you didn't understand one, single thing he wrote because you couldn't possibly think that he was wrong on every one of his points and the dig at the end... Nasty.)
  • glenjamin8
    144 posts
    edited January 2014
    EA could go months without producing a new update and you'll still be here day after day moaning like a spoilt little girl.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    EA, you're losing me fast. Very fast.

    Outstanding! This is the best update!

    So, Josh, you gonna exercise your right to quit the game or are you going to keep issuing hollow threats with no actual intent? Choose your destiny!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!