EA Forums - Banner

EA, You made the Courthouse too big!!

Prev13
doing it wrong anyway, courthouse isn't to the side of the statue, it's facing the back of Jebediah. Town Hall is facing the Front of him

TheSimpsons_zpsbf756ec5.jpg

Replies

• annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    That would make me nuts! Ack.

I dislike when they make a building an odd number of squares wide, because I can't center it. And because we're only allowed to insert roads every four squares, a building of 13 squares such as the courthouse requires a minimum lot width of 16 squares. (Leaving one square empty on one edge and two on the other.)

I can't imagine how it would be to already have the dimensions saved. Yikes. :(
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • vegt007
    27 posts
    edited January 2014
    That sucks :?
  • Distracty
    306 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    rwvolture wrote:
    doing it wrong anyway, courthouse isn't to the side of the statue, it's facing the back of Jebediah. Town Hall is facing the Front of him

That and the fact that the block behind the Jeb square is obviously WIDER than the Jeb square.

Sorry, OP! I have to agree that YOU are screwing yourself!
    Now, please stop acting like EA wronged you for giving us a courthouse. For cripes sake, is here anything people WON'T * and moan about around here?!? :roll:

EA- thanks for the courthouse and judge. I like it! :thumbup:
  • Shortyy01
    243 posts
    edited January 2014
    I actually love the size. :D
  • sandwedgeking
    2639 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Could you change the road between Noiseland Arcade and the Courthouse to pavement? With the Wax Museum acting as a bit of a visual block, the road is mostly hidden anyway (more hidden if you're able to slide All Night Gym, House of Evil, and arcade one to the right). Just a thought.
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited January 2014
    I have my plan all made and ready to go.

Ah... shall be glorious...
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I think the size was fine too.

Also I don't think it would look that great for the courthouse to be set up with roads directly on both sides. It feels like it should have some land around it (space permitting).
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • anonSimpson
    363 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    rwvolture wrote:

Cool screenshot. I had been wondering if one like that existed. I didn't realize the courthouse was in the square too.

What is the store on the left. The first is Zestys, which we have. Does it say Pages?
  • 83jonrotton1
    218 posts
    edited January 2014
    glenjamin8 wrote:
    For months and months I waited for the courthouse to finally place round my town centre where it should rightfully be. Opposite the Jebediah Statue, diagonal to the Town Hall. And yet when I finally get round to placing it it's too bloody big! My town centre is 3x3. The perfect size. The courthouse is 3.1. Now I have place the damn thing vertical to the town centre making it look completely out of place. I know a lot of people place buildings where ever they fit but for those of us that have waited and waited to make our Springfield look as close as possible to the real one from The Simpsons you've screwed us again.

Screenshot_2014_01_18_18_35_13.png

Ummm, not one thing in that picture is an accurate portrayal of Springfield. The shops, restaurants and even your shrub placement are wrong. Don't worry about the courthouse, lol.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited January 2014
    Had no problems placing mine, river either side go even it up, path to the doors, statues either side, jebediah statue in a little pond area in front, quite enjoyed moving those things around to incorporate the courthouse and develop a slightly new look to the town area :)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    And here I was thinking how ridiculously small the courthouse looked compared to the high school and the prison.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    And here I was thinking how ridiculously small the courthouse looked compared to the high school and the prison.
    Haha me too! I was hoping it would be much bigger then it is!
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    rwvolture wrote:

Cool screenshot. I had been wondering if one like that existed. I didn't realize the courthouse was in the square too.

What is the store on the left. The first is Zestys, which we have. Does it say Pages?

the side buildings actually change quite a bit. Simpsons in general changes stuff a lot. The Duff Brewery in Season 2 was revealed to be in Capital City but later it was in Springfield. I've seen other images of town square with Wax Mueseum on the side. Heck the town of Springfield itself has changed several times. People take this game WAYYYYYY too seriously
  • frogger53
    685 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Seems to me, the courthouse should be a large building. Most courthouses are!

HAPPY 500TH POST TO ME!
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I like the size of the courthouse actually.
    Its not EA's fault the OP made the space allocated for it too small.
    Based on the size of the city hall, I expected it to be big.

Sorry..but OP, the only one thats screwed is you...now make some more space for your courthouse :D
  • delegg629524
    337 posts
    edited January 2014
    glenjamin8 wrote:
    For months and months I waited for the courthouse to finally place round my town centre where it should rightfully be. Opposite the Jebediah Statue, diagonal to the Town Hall. And yet when I finally get round to placing it it's too bloody big! My town centre is 3x3. The perfect size. The courthouse is 3.1. Now I have place the damn thing vertical to the town centre making it look completely out of place. I know a lot of people place buildings where ever they fit but for those of us that have waited and waited to make our Springfield look as close as possible to the real one from The Simpsons you've screwed us again.

Keep in mind the object of this game is to rebuild Springfield, not re-create it.
  • 80sarcades
    117 posts
    edited January 2014
    glenjamin8 wrote:

Are you serious!? How unreal. People will complain about anything, I suppose...
  • Surfcitygal
    1229 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    frogger53 wrote:
    Seems to me, the courthouse should be a large building. Most courthouses are!

HAPPY 500TH POST TO ME!

Congratulations! I agree, I'm more concerned that the "landing spot" is once more city center where I have to place my corn crop to get the neighbor taps. Wishing the metal tree still controlled the spot.
  • mi232000150
    53 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    not agree with your complain. with me, i'm fine with the courthouse size.
  • jadie_baby18
    54 posts
    edited January 2014
    glenjamin8 wrote:

Ungrateful much?
    Just be happy you have a new building and character ****
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!