EA Forums - Banner

A Monorail Update Would Be a Terrible Idea...

2Next

Replies

• strmanglr
    43 posts
    edited January 2014
    I want the monorail I think it should be in krustyland

This is what I've been saying. There is very little in kl and is the perfect accompiant to a theme park.
  • DIrishBdo
    57 posts
    edited January 2014
    strmanglr wrote:
    I want the monorail I think it should be in krustyland

This is what I've been saying. There is very little in kl and is the perfect accompiant to a theme park.

While I agree Krustyland needs more rides/content, the monorail everyone wants was in Springfield, not Krustyland (though I do think KL has a monorail of its own, a la Disneyland). So maybe they could do it for both, perhaps with a slightly different paint job between the two.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited January 2014
    i've made a thread like this before and my reasons against it are very similar..

to be true to the Simpsons it has to be a disaster i can't have a working monorail in my town because I'm a old school Simpsons fan and that would annoy me.

besides that if it actually came out and was more then a broken monorail station with a bit of track it would take a lot of room to implement.. i don't want it to be blocking the view of other buildings. besides they would need to bring a lot of land with it which they haven't done in a few months at least.

then there's the matter of how it would be built.. would it be similar to the roads exceptt have a price for each section or similar to the squid port (but modified to not take months to build)

about not releasing the character to not disrespect phil hartman in 2002 they brought out talking Lionel hutz toys i doubt they are not releasing characters out of respect when they brought that toy out.
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited January 2014
    DIrishBdo wrote:
    make the station and allow for placement of random, broken pieces of the track, since it only survived until the end of the episode anyway.

I think this would be the best thing to do with the monorail. Along with adding Lyle as a character, assuming the ended up getting Hartman's voice in the game.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited January 2014
    I'm always amused by threads asserting that *possible* new content is automatically a bad idea. We know EA/the writers/devs/NSA/whoever read these forums. I'm confident they mostly do so for the lulz.

Instead of pre-emptively whining about as-yet non-existant content, perhaps it would be more constructive --sensible too, maybe? no, nevermind..-- to urge EA to bring us content that functions well within the existing framework of the game. Don't just shoot down an entire (and iconic) component of The Simpsons' universe because you think it'll upset your town's feng shui.

Despite the "I'm-Afraid-Of-EA's-Monorail Threads," the vast majority of millions players will appreciate and find a way to work with whatever content comes down the pipe, as usual, and the world probably won't end. js.

Happy Tapping!

nothing wrong with people making threads about potential new content especially when they hinted about it in the game. It's a forum a place for opinions feedback etc that developers will occasional come into and view, the OP's opinion of the monorail is shared by a lot of people.

honestly i see more whining on here from people that don't want the forum used to express opinions and suggestions on future content
  • Simuks0803
    87 posts
    edited January 2014
    Agreed. It was destroyed in the episode, so it only could be an aspirational building. But it would take more space than the mt. Springfield. :(
  • dcacooper
    389 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I'ver said before in other threads on this that I would be absolutely 100% in favour of including the monorail in the same way as it is included in The Simpsons: Hit and Run ... a staircase, a short section of broken down track and a discarded locomotive (that you can drive around in, but clearly that wouldn't work in Tapped Out).

Anything else, especially a fully functional monorail, wouldn't really fit with the show itself, especially as we don't really see even the remnants of the monorail in the show now.

As a nod to one of The Simpsons' iconic episodes, and an excuse for another cool skin for Homer, bring it on.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.