EA Forums - Banner

Valentines day update?

Replies

• thirdeye69
    268 posts
    edited January 2014
    I hope we get one but I think the only quest for all characters should be that they stay indoors "snuggling."

Either with someone else or on their own.
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Ahh so you're that kid at Christmas who opens a new videogame, looks up and says, 'Yeah, but am I still getting that bike?'

Because the small Superbowl update really is analagous to a new bike....
    EAT YOUR GRUEL AND BE HAPPY WITH IT! HOW DARE YOU ASK FOR TURKEY!
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    sherryt07 wrote:
    Maybe we'll get Easter instead.

that would make sense either that or saint patty's day since we did not get either of them last year. I have a feeling EA is trying to spread out the events as much as they can which is a good thing instead of getting them all at once.

There was saint Patricks last year.......
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited January 2014
    sherryt07 wrote:

that would make sense either that or saint patty's day since we did not get either of them last year. I have a feeling EA is trying to spread out the events as much as they can which is a good thing instead of getting them all at once.

there was? Well I got the game two weeks ago but I read about the events and I dont remember that one. Well for saint pattys this year they should have a doughnut sale and then have a big event in April
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited January 2014
    sherryt07 wrote:

there was? Well I got the game two weeks ago but I read about the events and I dont remember that one. Well for saint pattys this year they should have a doughnut sale and then have a big event in April
    Why can't Saint Patricks Day be a big event. You could collect clovers.
  • premier00000
    66 posts
    edited January 2014
    I've been playing for almost 2 years now, and I can say I'm honestly starting to HATE all the long dragged out events... Can't we just get a bunch of small things each week, or every other week? I wouldn't mind that at all.
  • mattderes
    133 posts
    edited January 2014
    sherryt07 wrote:

That's where we (or at least some of us) got Tom O'Flanagan and his pub. There were a few decorations, like shamrock shaped bushes, as well.
  • DIrishBdo
    57 posts
    edited January 2014
    Maybe we will get valentine but just with items from last year and nothing new. EA to continue the trend from today.

Not really logical to compare the two. One is a mini update for the Super Bowl, and the Duff Blimp is new (it's a regular looking blimp, not the one released previously with Barney's face on the front). So even this mini update offers something new (plus 7 free donuts available on Sunday, not a big deal but it's free).

Valentine's (if it happens, which I think it will) will likely be a couple week long event, and while I'm sure it'll re-release some or all of last year's Valentine items, I'm also positive there will be new items as well. Why would EA cut out a portion of their potential customer base who already have last year's items? Not very smart.

So yeah, if there is a Valentine update, there'll be new stuff for Valentine's.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Valentines day update will come, i think. When? Don't know. But it will happen.
    I'd like there to be an update. An update is always fun and breaks routine.
  • edited January 2014
    My guess is Monday, after the Stuperbowl mini-event.
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited January 2014
    Kreskin says not today (I have no idea). I personally won't be bothered if we don't have a Valentines Day event, but then again I got everything from last year. If I hadn't I would be desperately coveting Howard's Flowers, Sir Putt-A-Lot's, and some of the flora. So, here's hoping for all those who missed last year.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Be interesting what they decide to do this year....whenever they release it :P
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I'd say Wednesday. But Tuesday has a good chance as well since we did get Halloween in a Tuesday. Should be an App Store update as well right?
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    What if it doesn't come lol?

...I can already see the firestorm brewing here. :twisted:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited January 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    Valentines day update will come, i think. When? Don't know. But it will happen.
    I'd like there to be an update. An update is always fun and breaks routine.

Love your bacon gif!!
  • maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    th?id=H.4654830991966596&pid=15.1
  • Pyroxenite117
    74 posts
    edited January 2014
    there wont be an update today, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the app store update days. valentine's came out on a Wednesday last year.
  • simbass7
    1928 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    There will be an update today, yes
    But not Valentine's day, just hot fix update to change duff bus not being unique
    ... people who bought it before more then one and place em in inventory cannot use it now....

Edit. Just noticed spAnser thread... thanks man :thumbup:
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I bet there is no VD update.

I highly doubt that will happen. There will be a VD update. I think it will be released either today or tomorrow. Tuesday the 4th is the latest I think it will be released.
  • dcacooper
    402 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't think there will be a Valentines Day update until the superb owl quests are done. But I have been wrong (every time) before.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.