EA Forums - Banner

Squidport Pt. 3 Done! but Frozen

Prev1
Also, can't relocate tiles. Are they stuck forever in one place once used???

Replies

• hannaguillen
    1 posts
    edited January 2014
    Hi,
    I'm having this same problem. I thought it was related to not completing the "I choo-choo choose you" task so I moved on and now an at level 38. What can i do to fix this?
  • smdc1210
    8 posts
    edited January 2014
    Am having the same problems... Glad to know I'm not the only one...

Anyone have a fix for this? I've tried every suggestion I can find in the forums, but nothing works. Am now in level 28 with 12 boardwalks, 4 beach expansions, 2 water expansions.

Smdc1210
  • sjdamigella
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Nothing has worked for me either. Trying to be patient (did get a case # from EA last weekend), actually glad to hear that this was not an isolated issue.

The only "new" progression I have managed is getting the hand to point at the Squidport icon on the task bar when placing a tile. That's it however.

So anyone reading this, can you move boardwalk tiles after placing them?

• angelred02
    8 posts
    edited January 2014
    I too am stuck here. I'm at level 36. I've tried the fixes for people who got stuck at Part 6, but nothing has worked.
  • smdc1210
    8 posts
    edited January 2014
    No, my boardwalks won't move, either. I can move the entrance around, but that is it. I did earn a free three eyed sushi I placed on my squidport, and wondered if that had anything to do with the glitch.
  • Jeratbp
    2 posts
    edited January 2014
    I still can't move tiles either. However as I mentioned in my post, I never got the task for Homer to yell at the sea and then the Houseboat and Captain.

I'd really like to hear of a working resolution. I'm now on Level 29
  • benshTX
    12 posts
    edited February 2014

They can only be removed or added in the same manner as roads/pavement/rivers. You can't select a boardwalk tile with a building or decoration on it.
  • sjdamigella
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    benshTX wrote:

They can only be removed or added in the same manner as roads/pavement/rivers. You can't select a boardwalk tile with a building or decoration on it.

Thanks for the info. I can't even move them in that manner. They are simply stuck. In fact, the tile icon is now in my inventory instead of on the sidebar with road, pavement, river.
  • benshTX
    12 posts
    edited February 2014
    In fact, the tile icon is now in my inventory instead of on the sidebar with road, pavement, river.

That part is normal. The similarity between boardwalk and road tiles is that they can't be moved once placed, only removed (boardwalk tiles are stored in your inventory rather than deleted). Selecting a boardwalk tile to remove looks like this:

hEt4a2r.png
  • angelred02
    8 posts
    edited February 2014
    I'm having the same problem with rules. They can be moved or removed. Can't even select them.
  • sjdamigella
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    The response I got from EA regarding this issue...

"Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. We really appreciate you for taking the time to contact us about your concerns. I understand you are facing problem in "Squidport Pt. 3 Place Boardwalk Sections 4/4 Done!". I do understand the time and devotion you gave to this game by seeing your game play level but to be honest with you
    we do not have a way to change game design of our player's game. However, I'd encourage you to post this issue on our Forums so that our Development Team take a note of it. Forums offer an effective medium to communicate with our team directly as they are an active participant there and constantly checks the feedback and comments posted on the Forums. Interestingly, you can interact with other players as well. To post your comments, please visit the link : http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9861083.pageYou are my loyal player, so now I am adding 10 donuts in your account. If there is anything else I may assist you with, please update this email and let me know."

EA game development team, please take note. I am not alone with this EXACT same issue. We do not wish for our games to be changed, only playable. Please advise if this will be possible ASAP.

Thank you
  • sjdamigella
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Issue fixed with Valentines update. Homer now screaming at the ocean!
  • angelred02
    8 posts
    edited February 2014

Did you do anything special? Mine didn't fix.
  • cjp_05498
    2 posts
    edited February 2014
    I am currently experiencing the same issue with not being able to move any of my placed tiles on the boardwalk. Is it just me or is this a pretty pathetic company, this thread is over 2 weeks old with no help from a moderator or any ea staff. I contact their in game help and they replied that they are only there to help with in app purchases! What a joke, I hope someone comes up with help for this issue as I like playing the game but with absolutely no customer help it is hard.
  • smdc1210
    8 posts
    edited February 2014
    angelred02 wrote:

Neither did mine... Infact this is first time I've been able to get back into the forum page...grrrrrrr... I also received the exact same message from EA...is ANYONE fixing this issue??
  • angelred02
    8 posts
    edited February 2014
    smdc1210 wrote:
    angelred02 wrote:

Neither did mine... Infact this is first time I've been able to get back into the forum page...grrrrrrr... I also received the exact same message from EA...is ANYONE fixing this issue??

I was told to try clearing the cache and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. And if that didn't work, I was supposed to post the forum and then developers would see and could work on the issue. Nothing works and nothing has happened.
  • smdc1210
    8 posts
    edited February 2014
    angelred02 wrote:
    smdc1210 wrote:
    angelred02 wrote:

I was told to try clearing the cache and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. And if that didn't work, I was supposed to post the forum and then developers would see and could work on the issue. Nothing works and nothing has happened.

Got the exact same message with same results...
  • sjdamigella
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    smdc1210 wrote:
    angelred02 wrote:

I did not do anything. I installed the update and everything unfroze. Homer went right into the screaming at the ocean after going over the valentines quest with Lisa. I periodically check my tiles and can still move them. Currently saving up to get Itchy and Scrathcy store. The one thing I'm wondering about is if this was initially caused by having to many quests going on at once. I currently have 8 quests so only following 3 at a time. At the time it originally froze I had 6 going on at once.
  • rizzy89
    2 posts
    edited February 2014
    I have the exact same issue as everyone in this thread and I've tried everything, but I still can't get the quest to continue.

Has anyone else managed to get this issue resolved?
  • ChronoX-NL
    5 posts
    edited February 2014
    I did also report this issue in another topic, but since this one is more recent and contains more people I will report it again here too.

I'm level 28 and Homer doesn't want to scream at the ocean. I have 13-14 boardwalks at the moment and I can't move or put them in inventory either.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.