EA Forums - Banner

The real problem here is...

They probably have no idea when it will be fixed.

Replies

• rubymccoachx
    22 posts
    edited December 2012
    I agree! The not knowing is the worst bit some sort of time frame would be better than nothing
  • trailstrials
    78 posts
    edited December 2012
    zuzupj wrote:
    They probably have no idea when it will be fixed.

not only do they do not know when it will be fixed, they don't know how to fix it. added to the problem of upper management trying to spend as little money on this game as possible. all programmers are hired guns only getting called in to work when needed. when there is a problem they have to get somebody to come down, identify the problem, then try to fix it. no testing to see if the fix works or makes new problems.

another problem is that the original team that wrote the first program is gone. the second team(whom there is only one left now) has no clue to how the program works and is fixing stuff with no regard to what new problems they make happen. now enters the sporadically hired guy to come in and do a little touch up when things exceed(and they always do) their projections. to make matters worst, a completely different team is in charge of the holiday updates and they are in no contact with the rest of the people.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited December 2012
    b_hiblen wrote:
    The real problem here is a lack of communication.

We are all left in limbo wondering when and if we will be able to play again.

Lets face it, this is a great game but has been plagued with server and access problems from day one. I think we would all love for it to be fixed and become as reliable as we all expect it to be. EA are obviously trying to do this but it's their lack of communication to us, the user and customer that is causing frustration and resentment.

If they informed us that the game would be off line for X amount of days (and stuck to the deadline) then we could appreciate their efforts to deliver the service we all want and wait until the date/time stated.

Instead we get silence on forum sites, a generic message when trying to start the game and a vague, non time scale specific notice on Facebook.
    If EA have saved money by not having a P.R. Dept. I hope they're spending it on new servers.
    Definitely an odd way to treat users of a game that represents an estimated 6-7% of EA's revenue and is generating in the ballpark of $30M in quarterly gross revenue.

Wonder how investors would feel about a earnings miss that large as we approach the end of their third fiscal quarter. Whoever has to announce that they missed for the quarter and are adjusting down their year-end projections is probably not going to be too happy about the way this Origin mess has played out!
  • Mr_Blakery
    48 posts
    edited December 2012
    Definitely an odd way to treat users of a game that represents an estimated 6-7% of EA's revenue and is generating in the ballpark of $30M in quarterly gross revenue.

Wonder how investors would feel about a earnings miss that large as we approach the end of their third fiscal quarter. Whoever has to announce that they missed for the quarter and are adjusting down their year-end projections is probably not going to be too happy about the way this Origin mess has played out!

you have any hard numbers representing solid data supporting conclusions based on these figures? :P

.lol jk sorry i bored, felt like being chirpy
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited December 2012
    Mr_Blakery wrote:
    you have any hard numbers representing solid data supporting conclusions based on these figures? :P

.lol jk sorry i bored, felt like being chirpy
    I read it on the Internet... and everything on the Internet is true! 8)

http://blog.quarterspiral.com/post/35068119704/simpsons-tapped-out-why-ea-doesnt-need-new-ip
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.