EA Forums - Banner

Trading...

Why would I give up my limited time items?? I love my mapple store and cool brown house....

Replies

• MeatSatchel
    4 posts
    edited February 2014
    You would only trade them for other limited time items. Lets say you didn't have the cool brown house and did have the Mapple Store, BUUUUT you wanted the cool brown house and the other person wanted the Mapple Store. BOOM! TRADE!! OOOOORRR you wanted 2 Mapple Stores.... Oh that would be SAWEEET!
  • andrewsworld1
    213 posts
    edited February 2014
    Trading would be a bad idea. You wouldn't get the satisfaction of earning the building/decoration yourself and trading would be a way for people to make money from other people... I think a large part of the enjoyment in the game is earning the stuff and waiting for it to be built. :-)
  • MeatSatchel
    4 posts
    edited February 2014
    Trading would be a bad idea. You wouldn't get the satisfaction of earning the building/decoration yourself and trading would be a way for people to make money from other people... I think a large part of the enjoyment in the game is earning the stuff and waiting for it to be built. :-)

Only items that are unique man... Typically paid for with donuts... No build time
  • mblake525
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I would never trade my Mapple Store or Cool Brown House. however, I would trade my frog prince and Claus Co for just about anything. The Frog Prince is gross and Claus Co. is big, ugly, and looks like a male organ.
  • RyderMike319
    254 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Problem with your theory is that people tend to have all the limited items from when they started playing.

For example it is unlikely that two players would have (assuming items released in order 1-6)

A - 1,3,5
    B - 2,4,6
    allowing for a trade.

More realistically, it is
    A - 1,2,3,4,5,6
    B - 4,5,6
    where a trade is useless for player A.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited February 2014
    mblake525 wrote:
    I would never trade my Mapple Store or Cool Brown House. however, I would trade my frog prince and Claus Co for just about anything. The Frog Prince is gross and Claus Co. is big, ugly, and looks like a male organ.

Exactly. But no one would really want them.
    I understand where the op is coming from but anyone with old limited time items will have all the new ones as well. :?
  • MeatSatchel
    4 posts
    edited February 2014
    Problem with your theory is that people tend to have all the limited items from when they started playing.

For example it is unlikely that two players would have (assuming items released in order 1-6)

A - 1,3,5
    B - 2,4,6
    allowing for a trade.

More realistically, it is
    A - 1,2,3,4,5,6
    B - 4,5,6
    where a trade is useless for player A.

Great point... However, sometimes people have multiple limited items. For example, lets take the thanksgiving balloons. Lets say someone really wants 4 certain balloons and is willing to part ways with lets say a Duff Party bus (Because they have 6) for the balloons.. Sure the balloons will be back next thanksgiving, but maybe not all of them... Im just saying if you dont want to trade, don't. But I can guarantee it will be used if it is an option...Also, people cant always afford the limited items. This gives them the opportunity to still get these items. Example, Tom Clancys Submarine. I have 2 buddies who couldn't buy it at the time and they would definitely trade for one..
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Would potentially open a realm of security/"hacking" issues for players - eg. someone gets access to your account & trades everything to a new account for them to on-sell at a profit. (Even if there has to be a swap of goods, they could always trade for worthless items, eg. an Xmas fire bin for Mapple Store.) Peer-to-peer transactions always needs to be mindful that they don't break the in-game economy, as well as have a secure account system.

Also, EA would want a cut, otherwise what use would it be for them? They'd want a donut fee per swap.

Lastly, as mentioned before, most people would have stuff from their starting date onwards. The only exception might be if people missed an Xmas Wheel prize. So what would the early adopters want in return for their trade? They should have most, if not all, items. The demand would be there, but there'd be very limited supply of wanted items willing to be traded.

Nice lateral thinking though. :)
  • ebenbane
    188 posts
    edited February 2014
    That would be way to easy to exploit. Whenever there is an option for trading of items or currency someone will find a way to destroy the economy.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    No
  • hackedacount
    14 posts
    edited February 2014
    ebenbane wrote:
    That would be way to easy to exploit. Whenever there is an option for trading of items or currency someone will find a way to destroy the economy.
    True in real life too.
  • PhoenixUP7
    65 posts
    edited February 2014
    Trading money and/or donuts would be a better idea
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.