EA Forums - Banner

Advice! Plant corn before you update for Valentines day!

Bloody Hell! I only started corn yesterday and I stored my farm ready for Valentines....!
First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP

Replies

  • jesslynco
    270 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    What's awesome is when you wait 90 days for your corn, take advantage of the "glitch" for 2days get valentines update and totally f*%?k yourself. Sorry, I'm pissed right now.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    Bloody Hell! I only started corn yesterday and I stored my farm ready for Valentines....!

    Store your farm? Y? Never store corn, now you lost everything
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    Bloody Hell! I only started corn yesterday and I stored my farm ready for Valentines....!

    Store your farm? Y? Never store corn, now you lost everything

    What I think happened:

    They planted corn to either plant it or to glitch it. Then they saw spoilers using the farm task. So then they logged into game to store the farm so they could do the update.

    Obviously we learned if you had something going, it auto completes, but that's after the update is applied. So they did not know that the game would be this generous and auto complete it.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:
    Bloody Hell! I only started corn yesterday and I stored my farm ready for Valentines....!

    Store your farm? Y? Never store corn, now you lost everything

    What I think happened:

    They planted corn to either plant it or to glitch it. Then they saw spoilers using the farm task. So then they logged into game to store the farm so they could do the update.

    Obviously we learned if you had something going, it auto completes, but that's after the update is applied. So they did not know that the game would be this generous and auto complete it.

    but still why store it
    why not wait and see what happens after the update and you can then store if you want to.
  • 4junk3000
    6078 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    If you didn't have corn it makes sense to plant it before the update because it will instantly harvest.

    BUT

    If you had corn growing, starting the rose crop will blow it out immediately. Don't lose your corn if it finished today!
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    Bloody Hell! I only started corn yesterday and I stored my farm ready for Valentines....!

    Never store a farm growing corn. You lost $ to start it and nothing in return. Sux
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:
    Bloody Hell! I only started corn yesterday and I stored my farm ready for Valentines....!

    Store your farm? Y? Never store corn, now you lost everything

    What I think happened:

    They planted corn to either plant it or to glitch it. Then they saw spoilers using the farm task. So then they logged into game to store the farm so they could do the update.

    Obviously we learned if you had something going, it auto completes, but that's after the update is applied. So they did not know that the game would be this generous and auto complete it.

    but still why store it
    why not wait and see what happens after the update and you can then store if you want to.

    Lol now you tell me! Lesson learned. If I'd only waited 30 minutes. (I was 30 days in and it was my first corn crop) :roll:
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    4junk3000 wrote:
    If you didn't have corn it makes sense to plant it before the update because it will instantly harvest.

    BUT

    If you had corn growing, starting the rose crop will blow it out immediately. Don't lose your corn if it finished today!

    Of course it makes sense. You make tons of xp & $ in 2 minutes. Wake up, that's me wake up, not you lol

    Lost the corn but who really cares. Got $ & xp. Lots. I think it's all good
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:
    Bloody Hell! I only started corn yesterday and I stored my farm ready for Valentines....!

    Store your farm? Y? Never store corn, now you lost everything

    What I think happened:

    They planted corn to either plant it or to glitch it. Then they saw spoilers using the farm task. So then they logged into game to store the farm so they could do the update.

    Obviously we learned if you had something going, it auto completes, but that's after the update is applied. So they did not know that the game would be this generous and auto complete it.

    but still why store it
    why not wait and see what happens after the update and you can then store if you want to.

    Not sure, I had corn growing (say maybe 30ish days) and when I saw the spoilers, I didn't think to run to cancel it. If I needed to, I had planned to store it, but since it's only speculation, I didn't know what to expect. I also didn't expect it to be the first quest either.
  • kevfd
    377 posts
    edited February 2014
    jesslynco wrote:
    What's awesome is when you wait 90 days for your corn, take advantage of the "glitch" for 2days get valentines update and totally f*%?k yourself. Sorry, I'm pissed right now.

    Same thing happened to me last update... I feel your pain.. :cry: :thumbdown:
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    kevfd wrote:
    jesslynco wrote:
    What's awesome is when you wait 90 days for your corn, take advantage of the "glitch" for 2days get valentines update and totally f*%?k yourself. Sorry, I'm pissed right now.

    Same thing happened to me last update... I feel your pain.. :cry: :thumbdown:

    Why be pissed? That glitch could have been fixed before this. Try having fun with the update. Whenever that is :lol:
  • LAT9
    27 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    What a great glitch I had 56 days to go on my first corn crop. When it happened I thought it had cancelled it till I noticed money had gone up. Woohoo :).
  • wwe8134
    35 posts
    edited February 2014
    Another tip: If you have Marge the Witch...use her "speed up crops" task to speed up first task.
  • The_Game144
    24 posts
    edited February 2014
    so friend handshakes are still working? i prefer to get $$ form corn than all the valentine's day stuff, nothing really interesting for me
  • mdelliott13
    111 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Yep. Had 85 days left on my corn and it cashed me out with all the $$$ & XP. Sweet.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    so friend handshakes are still working? i prefer to get $$ form corn than all the valentine's day stuff, nothing really interesting for me

    $ instead? No, friends handshakes won't work. Everyone will see hearts.
  • ayyezajac
    138 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm actually pretty mad it's going to force me to harvest my corn. I had around 50 days left, BUT I wanted to stack handshakes on corn and make $$ doing so. I have around $11 million, but still. :evil:
  • misstiffgtu
    15 posts
    edited February 2014
    I am beyond jacked about my corn.
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited February 2014
    It was so funny as the new update harvest my corn and then until I planted the rose bush I could see the corn growing again and again...
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    OK, I am not clear on this. I am not able to get to my game for a couple of hours, but I have corn growing in my main town, and my feeder towns. I have a question:

    When I do the update, will I still have the chance to work the glitch for my 2 feeder towns, or does it just cash you out of the crop (and pay just the one payout).

    Thanks!!

    Oh yeah, and this is good news for me...had over 2 months left on my corn, and have been staring at a 'triffid' task for weeks...will be nice to get rid of that!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.