EA Forums - Banner

Elitist

Prev1
I like this update. There has been a few cool changes and a few more characters :-)

I think the update is really good :) So many little changes that has made the game a lot better :thumbup:

Replies

  • Blazin
    34 posts
    edited February 2014
    Being able to trim my friends list ingame and check how long ago someone logged in, is a god send. Best thing about this update so far.
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm happy with a few off the changers made in this update :D
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Blazin wrote:
    Being able to trim my friends list ingame and check how long ago someone logged in, is a god send. Best thing about this update so far.

    and having the friends list back to alphabetical again is great!!
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • darrenholm736
    1277 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Blazin wrote:
    Being able to trim my friends list ingame and check how long ago someone logged in, is a god send. Best thing about this update so far.

    Where does it show you how long since they last logged in??
  • Blazin
    34 posts
    edited February 2014
    When you have the friend box up in the middle of the screen you can just tap on the players name it will tell you how long ago since they last logged in. Those that have not logged in for awhile, it will say Unknown. How long before it triggers an Unknown, I have no idea.
  • stefoorigin
    72 posts
    edited February 2014
    Blazin wrote:
    Being able to trim my friends list ingame and check how long ago someone logged in, is a god send. Best thing about this update so far.

    Where does it show you how long since they last logged in??

    Yes please, where?

    Ty
  • Blazin
    34 posts
    edited February 2014
    All those that are left in my friends list are shown having been active in the last 48 hours.
  • Blazin
    34 posts
    edited February 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Blazin wrote:
    Being able to trim my friends list ingame and check how long ago someone logged in, is a god send. Best thing about this update so far.

    and having the friends list back to alphabetical again is great!!

    It just makes sense for your friends list to be alphabetical. No idea why they removed this. But like you said very glad it is back! :)
  • nascarchamp0
    1017 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Blazin wrote:
    Being able to trim my friends list ingame and check how long ago someone logged in, is a god send. Best thing about this update so far.

    Where does it show you how long since they last logged in??

    Tap friend icon, brings you to your friends screen.
    Tap friend icon again, new screen appears with your friends list
    Tap on any friend, shows when they last played, level, and unfriend option

    The rest of the options are self explanatory
  • philippama998
    739 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Those elitist people who were asking for an expensive item a few weeks ago should be happy now. I can't imagine many people will pay 300 doughnuts for a single item...

    I like this update. There has been a few cool changes and a few more characters :-)

    Thanks for remembering this, I was wondering already if I should bump my thread from back then again and just say thanks to EA.

    I am indeed happy. Barney became premium and a sweet luxury item is available. Seeing that a couple of people have bought it already proves me right that there is and always will be a market for such things.

    I will buy it tonight once I am back home since I am still in the office.
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited February 2014
    The last login is not accurate (yet). I have real life friends who I know play every day and they are listed as unknown. I think it starts registering logins after they have updated. I am not sure though. I think I have a friend who is groing roses and he is also listed as unknown. I will wait a couple of days before I start unfriending people. I want to make sure they are really not playing.
  • darrenholm736
    1277 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Got it now, thanks guys. Very useful!
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Blazin wrote:
    When you have the friend box up in the middle of the screen you can just tap on the players name it will tell you how long ago since they last logged in. Those that have not logged in for awhile, it will say Unknown. How long before it triggers an Unknown, I have no idea.
    the Unknown is for people that haven't updated yet, not the people that haven't played for a while. It shows they haven't got this update to show when they played
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Blazin wrote:
    Being able to trim my friends list ingame and check how long ago someone logged in, is a god send. Best thing about this update so far.

    Where does it show you how long since they last logged in??

    Yes please, where?

    Ty

    You if go to your friends list and click the bart & milhouse symbol show it shows all your friends, click the B&M symbol again and it takes you to this screen:

    6eHUf6Yl.png

    Then scroll down to a friend and tap their name and you will see this:


    CFaJs24l.png
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited February 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Blazin wrote:
    Being able to trim my friends list ingame and check how long ago someone logged in, is a god send. Best thing about this update so far.

    and having the friends list back to alphabetical again is great!!

    Neo, you're no longer on my first page :(
  • dcacooper
    402 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Actually, assuming that I am interpreting what has been written on the forum correctly (as I am still waiting for Cletus' roses to grow) this very update demonstrates the disadvantage of having the neighbours list in alphabetical order.

    As I understand it, you can only obtain a limited number of hearts each day from visiting neighbours. If that is the case, then someone starting at the beginning will reach a certain point in their neighbours list before hitting the limit so any neighbour after that point will not receive any benefit for the VDay event from your visit.

    If they then start collecting at the beginning of the list the next day, and the one after that, and the one after that, then the neighbours at the end of the alphabetical list will never receive any benefit towards the event. And, if they have a number of neighbours doing that, then it does disadvantage them quite severely.

    Obviously, I am happy to be corrected if I have misunderstood that (and my Origin name begins with 'd' so I shouldn't suffer from it anyway) but if I have got it right, then I can fully understand why those whose names are later in the alphabet don't like the alphabetical listing.

    Cue hundreds of users changing their username to some variation of 'aardvark' or 'aarhus'.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Blazin wrote:
    Being able to trim my friends list ingame and check how long ago someone logged in, is a god send. Best thing about this update so far.

    and having the friends list back to alphabetical again is great!!

    Neo, you're no longer on my first page :(

    Wow! i was on your 1st page :) I'm still here tho buddy lol We just gotta scroll for each other now lol
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Blazin
    34 posts
    edited February 2014
    Blazin wrote:
    When you have the friend box up in the middle of the screen you can just tap on the players name it will tell you how long ago since they last logged in. Those that have not logged in for awhile, it will say Unknown. How long before it triggers an Unknown, I have no idea.
    the Unknown is for people that haven't updated yet, not the people that haven't played for a while. It shows they haven't got this update to show when they played

    Thanks. That solves that question. I had a lot of people in my list that had stopped playing because of the Christmas update. So it was nice having a good clear out of the friends list.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    dcacooper wrote:
    Actually, assuming that I am interpreting what has been written on the forum correctly (as I am still waiting for Cletus' roses to grow) this very update demonstrates the disadvantage of having the neighbours list in alphabetical order.

    As I understand it, you can only obtain a limited number of hearts each day from visiting neighbours. If that is the case, then someone starting at the beginning will reach a certain point in their neighbours list before hitting the limit so any neighbour after that point will not receive any benefit for the VDay event from your visit.

    If they then start collecting at the beginning of the list the next day, and the one after that, and the one after that, then the neighbours at the end of the alphabetical list will never receive any benefit towards the event. And, if they have a number of neighbours doing that, then it does disadvantage them quite severely.

    Obviously, I am happy to be corrected if I have misunderstood that (and my Origin name begins with 'd' so I shouldn't suffer from it anyway) but if I have got it right, then I can fully understand why those whose names are later in the alphabet don't like the alphabetical listing.

    Cue hundreds of users changing their username to some variation of 'aardvark' or 'aarhus'.

    The hearts are not exactly limited, you start of with 5hearts for visiting then after a certain number it drops to 4no. and so on, till you reach 1heart per action. The hearts only run out when you reach the 100th friend as it did when i was visiting this morning. The hearts will re-start all over again the next day.

    A fair way of delivering hearts would be day1 start from the A's and then the next day start with the Z's and work backwards and so on :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • dcacooper
    402 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    The hearts are not exactly limited, you start of with 5hearts for visiting then after a certain number it drops to 4no. and so on, till you reach 1heart per action. The hearts only run out when you reach the 100th friend as it did when i was visiting this morning. The hearts will re-start all over again the next day.

    A fair way of delivering hearts would be day1 start from the A's and then the next day start with the Z's and work backwards and so on :)

    Cool ... that makes more sense. So, basically, at the start of your visits you get 15 hearts per town (5 each for 3 actions), after a certain number of neighbours it drops to 12, then 9 then 6, then 3, and then it stays at 3 for the rest of your list?

    I assume that the neighbour receives exactly the same benefit regardless of where in the list they fall?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.