EA Forums - Banner

Who bought the whale?

Replies

• missyolga
    942 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    xcalver wrote:
    I did :twisted:

Can you post a pic to show what it looks like. I bought Brandine and the diner so I can no longer afford the whale.

Here it is :lol:

2nqfj1t.jpg
  • stooby2
    27 posts
    edited February 2014
    Personally I think the whale should come with a free Nelson character that points at you and does the "Ha-ha" chant over and over again.

EA must have a meeting each morning where the all pinch each other to make sure they're really not dreaming.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11526 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    my 100% persona said yes. i obliged
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    ink19810 wrote:
    I got 6...extra 42% just from these lol
    Hack much?
  • ink19810
    616 posts
    edited February 2014
    ink19810 wrote:
    I got 6...extra 42% just from these lol
    Hack much?

Nah...I just have monies
  • martiansupia
    385 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    at least the Whale dives when you tap it --unlike the submarine
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited February 2014
    I got one! And I don't regret it at all. I was saving up my donuts for the V-Day update, and that 7% multiplier is hard to resist. Nice that it has an animation and sound effects, too. :D
  • Fettster777
    510 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm a freemium player, but 300 donuts even if I wasn't? No thanks.
  • robm978
    315 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Guilty but no regrets. Couldn't pass it up. 6 months from now, how many posts will there be begging EA to make it available again?
  • xcalver
    11 posts
    edited February 2014
    missyolga wrote:
    xcalver wrote:
    I did :twisted:

Can you post a pic to show what it looks like. I bought Brandine and the diner so I can no longer afford the whale.

Here it is :lol:

2nqfj1t.jpg

Looks good but for 300 donuts I'm gonna have to pass.
  • adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I got one and looks like you can buy multiples.
    Scary.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    robm978 wrote:
    Guilty but no regrets. Couldn't pass it up. 6 months from now, how many posts will there be begging EA to make it available again?

It's not a "Limited time" item. That said, it's too much. Would get it for 100 donuts but not for 300 donuts.
  • benjaminsamms
    102 posts
    edited February 2014
    Got one, and only one. Vegas calls it's high rollers whales, I think it's an aptly priced luxury item. My only gripe is the damn thing is friggen massive.
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited February 2014
    Not me. That's almost $20 for a silly decoration.....not even willing to buy it as a birthday gift for myself today. I'll wait til the next sale :wink:

Happy Birthday!

The monetary value puts it in perspective. 300 donuts /$20 is a bit much IMO.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited February 2014
    However..... give me a Japanese whaling ship too for the 300 and I'm on it.
  • kevfd
    377 posts
    edited February 2014
    :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: I would buy the whale if it wasnt for sale at such a ridiculous price. :shock: Its a shame because theyve priced it well out of the market for me. Its absolutely, shamefully crazy. :x Unfortunately I'm on my uppers at the moment and just cant afford it. :cry: I've just spent less than 300 donuts on brandine, the airplane cafe and flower shop - thats 2 buildings AND 4 characters for less than a crazy-looking creature!!! :? The 7% bonus is no incentive at all as my multiplier is enough right now and I also have more than 10million banked. 8) Should be more like 50% for an animal that costs more than any character. How can it be justified to cost more than Kamp Krusty and Bart skin, Barney & Bowlerama, Sideshow Mel & studio, Duffman & Brewery, judge Snyder & courthouse, and other sought-after items with good multipliers. :P
  • sonicwench03
    80 posts
    edited February 2014
    I thought it was cute, so got 3 lol. My big splurge for the update.
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I got one! And I don't regret it at all. I was saving up my donuts for the V-Day update, and that 7% multiplier is hard to resist. Nice that it has an animation and sound effects, too. :D

I'm not sure I'll buy one, but if I DO I don't think I'd consider the multiplier to be a bargain. A BENEFIT, yes! But hardly a bargain, when I can buy 4 Burns Limos for a total of 160 donuts and get a combined 8% multiplier. Or 4 of the Jet Engine bikes for 120 donuts total and get the same (8% combined multiplier)

But the whale IS special looking! I'm hesitating because I'm still kicking myself for wasting money on my submarine, which I ended up just not liking and stuck it in storage.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • worldpattern
    19 posts
    edited February 2014
    The lunacy of buying it didn't appeal to me until I saw the 7% bonus attached to it, so I spent some of my cheap Xmas donuts for the heck of it. Still have 4100 left. Plus, I just think the idea of it is funny…how it perturbs people is appealing to me. :twisted:
  • akira2501
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    $20 for a whale!?
    EA is running out of ideas and just getting greedy now.

For that much money it should at least get beached and you should have a job where the towns folks blow it up, covering the town in blubber like they did with Bluella!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!