EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• udanax19
    20 posts
    edited December 2012
    Anone else keep getting a message that you Cannot Connect to Server? I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and keep getting the same issue.

I've had that issue all day. I deleted/reinstalled the app too to no avail. Really disappointed in EA and Origin right now.
  • john4656
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    Getting very angry as for two days now have been able to get for 1hour usage of the game this is frustrating and needs to be resolved. GET IT FIXED NOW. This is damaging your company reputation
  • loudmushroom
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    EA Admin,

My Christmas 7 day Apu Shift task is stuck @ 1d2h. Is there any way to fix this. Is this a known bug? Help Please. :?:
  • crlerickson
    38 posts
    edited December 2012
    EA shouldn't have even started this game or got the rights to the simpsons. It has become readily apparent that they do not have the infrastructure to support such an undertaking.

The game is great they should have just established a more stable infrastructure first.
  • duffmanth
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    I downloaded this game back in September I think, and it's been one of the buggiest and glitchiest games I've ever played. A least once a day the game crashes on me, and in the last few days I can't play it on my iPhone or iPad. I'm glad the game was free and I've only spent a few dollars on donuts. Every EA game I've played over the last few years also has server issues, **** is EA doing with the billions of dollars they rake in every year?! Tapped out is a really fun game, but these server connection issues should've been solved long ago, get your act together EA!
  • aweil2014
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have been playing Simpson's Tapped Out for a couple of months and I am addicted!! But this last week, it started to shut down every time I opened it, and the origin symbol was gone. Now, the game is back up but ALL my MANY neighbors are gone!!!!!! And when I click on the "add new neighbor" button, it won't register. I am very upset about losing all my neighbors. Will this be fixed???????!!!!

• hpeders
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, these server issues are getting more and more insane. I've lost out on 2 days worth of Santa coins now because I can't connect at all. Since I'm maxed at the 100 friends that's a lot. I was able to get on this morning for about five minutes but that was it. I keep getting push notifications that things are done but can only get the undergoing maintenance message when I try to get in. Sucks.
  • joshd8542
    20 posts
    edited December 2012
    I thought I was having the same issues as everyone else but it seems mine are slightly different. Since the Christmas update I have had intermittent ability to get into the game, sometimes I get that stupid cannot connect to server screen which has become all to familiar in the last week (just when I was starting to think that EA wasn't such a crappy company as history has proven them to be). Also, since about noon Monday (12/10) everytime I look at my neighbors towns I see none, not a single one, with no ability to add new ones or anything, very upsetting considering I was maxed out at 98 (yeah 98, for some reason I can't get past 98 friends, not this mythical 100 max everyone else seems to be saying). Although it appears as though I have lost all of the friends I had, this can't be as apparently some of then can still visit my town and get santa coins from me as I continue to constantly see the handshake symbol over my houses. I predict that EA will do nothing about these problems, as doing anything would mean that they actually care about the quality of the product they produce. This game will probably continue to randomly not allow players to access the game, randomly delete certain players progress, randomly crash, randomly not allow players to visit friends, and have glitches in them. I first thought the christmas update was pretty awesome, but now that my access to the game seems predicated upon the server gods at EA having a good day and my ability to collect the needed santa coins from my neighbors towns has been cruelly removed out of spite for some unknown reason, I am starting to believe I won't be playing this game anymore come christmas. Might be time to start looking for a different game to play if EA can't hire a decent programmer and buy a decent server.

I think the least EA could do is give us all a few hundred santa coins for everyday the game has been unplayable.
  • aweil2014
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    Has EA even responded to any complaints at all? Cause I have emailed that email several times and have heard nothing from them. Is it just with this game or do they do this with every game?
  • MissLIB05
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    Can your husband see his friends list?

I can log into the game on my phone I think because my login was cached as I was playing before it dropped off. My wife however can't log in at all on her iPad likely because her login wasn't cached. That is one theory I guess. I can continue to play but my friends are not listed so I cannot collect coins from them.

It was the same issue last night. Thankfully the progress I made in game during that problem was saved when it went back to normal.

Yes, my Husband can play the game & see his friends regularly. Everything is there & working fine for him. Why is this? It works on the iPhone but not iPad? Sooo frustrating. I too deleted the app & re-downloaded it but very bad idea, cause now it just takes me to the Bart screen saying I'm having connection problems, which I don't cause if my Husband gets on then I should too. Plus, I have perfectly working Internet.
  • MissLIB05
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    Oh wow. This game just started to work right now. I was sleeping and my Husband decided to try to see if it works and what do you know!, it worked! He woke me up to tell me and I just got done playing it. I hope it doesn't crash on me later on today. Happy now, off to bed.
  • khann89
    13 posts
    edited December 2012
    game works, but preservations didn't return what now to do always so will be? I don't want to begin anew ((((
  • leafgirl32
    5 posts
    edited December 2012
    Yep back on but no compensation whatsoever?!!what is up with THAT EA??
  • khann89
    13 posts
    edited December 2012
    it is visible a hint on that that start playing anew the whole 2 months. it morally touched me if is honest
  • joshd8542
    20 posts
    edited December 2012
    khann89 wrote:
    game works, but preservations didn't return what now to do always so will be? I don't want to begin anew ((((
    khann89 wrote:
    it is visible a hint on that that start playing anew the whole 2 months. it morally touched me if is honest

Yeah, apparently after the game starts working again for a few minutes the cool thing to do is to post random words on here and hope they make a sentence. No, they don't. But don't worry, people many purple so many dogs taco cats but car radiators are tuesday???
  • antbarson
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    antbarson wrote:
    Hi. I've just built Springfield Elementary and the build is complete, but when I tap it, it appears, accompanied by homer say 'kaboom' at which point it crashes. I have tried restarting the game and my iPod but no joy.

This issue seems to be resolved.
  • efc1888
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    Still not working for me. It crashed during an in-app purchase and now when i launch the app i get the fox entertainment cinema type screen then it quits back to my ipad home screen.

Does anyone else have this problem?
  • franckg392
    8 posts
    edited December 2012
    Yeaaah! Servers are back! Very happy this morning to do the 80.5mo update (I re-installed the game for the 6th time this week) and what a surprise: Game crashes after 5 seconds. It's the same nightmare i lived with the halloween update when and i wasn't able to play for 6 weeks from mid-october to early december. I also had to restart the game last summer when I was level 20 because game crashed just after the "60 free donuts". Be sure EA i will never spend a penny on your shame game.
  • sebaspit
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    Lost all the advance in my town, having now an empty level 1 city.

Is there any way to get my city back?

Regards.
  • khann89
    13 posts
    edited December 2012
    yes 60 donuts here won't help, to 15 ?? level it is necessary at least 1000 what quickly to reach it. and who everything will compensate it?