EA Forums - Banner

Valentines Update Opinion

Actually all the items on the wheel are new items. Except for the Heart Pond & I Choo Choo Choose you Train. But this now have a % bonus applied to them.

Granted its another bench, fence, cart, fountain, lamp, etc.. But there new items nonetheless. I actually like them.

Not to mention we got both Brandine Spuckler & Mindy Simmons. Shame none of then are voiced. Would've been cool for a few more charcters & buildings. But I'm satisfied overall.

Replies

• MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I think it's perfect for what it is.

Xmas and Halloween are much bigger therefore the events in the game should be bigger.

• Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Last Valentine update was a happy go lucky event, I did enjoy it very much and if we got too many hearts, the "heart grinder" changed them into $

The F***ing Wheel of "friendship" from EA's "beloved & admired" devs is just crap and done to stick it up to us - as per their in-game dialogue...

An otherwise short and sweet update has been spoiled into a rotten mess!

I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • LillyLove13
    75 posts
    edited February 2014
    Not overly enthused! But any update is good I saved donuts from Xmas and got Brandene (so glad I didn't get blue haired lawyer!)
  • blackgryphon9999
    687 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    I think it's perfect for what it is.

Xmas and Halloween are much bigger therefore the events in the game should be bigger.

This is my feeling exactly. Valentine's day is a small thing compared to the other two. I like this event, even though I can't get that wheel to give the fountain.
  • stefoorigin
    72 posts
    edited February 2014
    Ok don't crucify me now but..i kinda like the wheel :)

The xmas one was a joke due to the insanely low chances of some prizes but this is quite fair, and i love some RNG, few spins a day hoping to get what i want..

As for the rest, this is my first v-day so it's all kinda new, but yes i see that compared to the last event (christmas) it's not that big, but i guess it's like it should..
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited February 2014

The xmas one was a joke due to the insanely low chances of some prizes but this is quite fair, and i love some RNG, few spins a day hoping to get what i want..

As for the rest, this is my first v-day so it's all kinda new, but yes i see that compared to the last event (christmas) it's not that big, but i guess it's like it should..
    I like wheels too, because if there is a wheel then that means less premium items, unless you are one of those people who are too gullible to think twice about buying spin tokens with your donuts.
  • mattderes
    133 posts
    edited February 2014
    Not overly enthused! But any update is good I saved donuts from Xmas and got Brandene (so glad I didn't get blue haired lawyer!)

I have them both. I also prefer Brandine - if only for her birthing Spucklers quest - but BHL is voiced and actually has some funny dialog.
  • InspctHerGajet
    257 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Off topic. Is there an ending date set for the vday update?
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited February 2014

I like wheels too, because if there is a wheel then that means less premium items, unless you are one of those people who are too gullible to think twice about buying spin tokens with your donuts.
    Well, most of the items on the wheel would have never been premium except the Train and the Lake. If there were no wheel, I think that half of the wheel decorations wouldn't have been made at all.
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Off topic. Is there an ending date set for the vday update?
    Check the "?" by your heart counter. In the info section of your game. Where your $ and xp are. Mine says it will go through the 25th. Ending at midnight.
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm just irritated at how difficult it is to get hearts. They decline in number as you tap and so many neighbours don't have hearts. Oh plus the crashing!
  • jusesp3914672
    57 posts
    edited February 2014
    I like it, the fountains go nicely with Wolfcastle's mansion and I've made a love nest on the beach with the rest of the stuff.
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    The fountain is the only thing I don't like. Pink water? Really? Ugh. Hope it's only pink for Valentines day but I won't count on it. Now all
    I need is the train and the flower cart. :/
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I think this update is really good :) it only a small update technically due to the event but it has a lot of stuff offered :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.