EA Forums - Banner

Interesting stat about how much Tapped Out (and other freemium games) make per day

I'm currently working on an app that would use handwriting recognition software to help solve differential equations problems. So far the results have been promising.

Replies

• jtgroth
    379 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    thirdeye69 wrote:
    I'm currently working on an app that would use handwriting recognition software to help solve differential equations problems. So far the results have been promising.

Well, I hope you fired Sheldon
  • Parallaxium
    40 posts
    edited February 2014
    jtgroth wrote:
    thirdeye69 wrote:

Well, I hope you fired Sheldon

:lol: hahaha
  • stevetdda0201
    57 posts
    edited February 2014
    thirdeye69 wrote:

BAZINGA!
  • andrewket
    4 posts
    edited February 2014
    Damn I didn't hyperlink it. How do I do that?
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    There is a million and one game apps out there, the trick is making the right one and getting it to go viral like TSTO and the few other ones that make millions. Good Luck
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    andrewket wrote:
    Damn I didn't hyperlink it. How do I do that?
    [ url ] type url here [ /url ]. Without spaces in square brackets
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited February 2014
    There is a million and one game apps out there, the trick is making the right one and getting it to go viral like TSTO and the few other ones that make millions. Good Luck

Make a very simple game. Make $50k/day in ad revenue. Get accused of being too aggressive with your ads so that Apple say they're going to pull the game from the App Store. Get all sniffy and pull the game from everywhere before that happens. Then everyone puts their 'phones on eBay for $1000. Sorted.
  • jointfx
    13 posts
    edited February 2014
    Speaking of viral Did anyone play that flappy birds app before the developer shut it down? Our IT dept. is saying the demand is so crazy, people are downloading cloned copies but are probably tainted with viruses?
    I don 't know what the hype is about?
  • 4junk3000
    5948 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    i dont care what game comes out now. since getting it, this is all i play. last thing before bed, first thing when i wake up, instead of tv, instead of sleep...

LOL
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • Surfcitygal
    1261 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    jointfx wrote:
    Speaking of viral Did anyone play that flappy birds app before the developer shut it down? Our IT dept. is saying the demand is so crazy, people are downloading cloned copies but are probably tainted with viruses?
    I don 't know what the hype is about?

I saw it on the TWIT show iPad Today and thought it was just the sort of timewaster that would get me hooked; I already spend way too much time on TSTO. You can go to the TWIT archive if you want to see someone playing it.
  • mattawesome2
    36 posts
    edited February 2014
    I really don't get why Flappy Bird is popular, why would someone pay $1000 just to play it.
  • dcacooper
    394 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I really don't get why Flappy Bird is popular, why would someone pay $1000 just to play it.

Especially when most of the free online game sites already have Flash-based clones of it.
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited February 2014
    Dang, TSTO makes $100k+ a day?!

I have Flappy Bird still on my iPad. I got bored of it after a few days (high score of 28!) and would gladly sell it for big bucks.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.