EA Forums - Banner

which android tablets do not crash....much?

Prev1
My Ipad 3 crashes 3 times a month, it could be because I still have 31.5 GB left

Replies

• DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited February 2014
    Any tablet with a quad core CPU will do fine.
    I've noticed dual core CPU tablets struggle with tapped out.

My GF got a cheap Quad core tablet for $100AUD and it runs the game beautifully (better then her Galaxy S2 does)
  • excelsior0808
    98 posts
    edited February 2014
    We have three Samsung Tab 3's and they crash all the time. Really, ALL the GD time. We're lucky if they successfully log on one time in seven (no exaggeration). Even when they do manage to log on more often than not they boot us out after a couple of minutes.
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited February 2014
    We have three Samsung Tab 3's and they crash all the time. Really, ALL the GD time. We're lucky if they successfully log on one time in seven (no exaggeration). Even when they do manage to log on more often than not they boot us out after a couple of minutes.

Galaxy Tab 3 uses a Dual Core CPU. Need a Quad Core tablet ;)
  • Ecl3t1c
    63 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I've had pretty good luck with an Evga Tetra Note 7. I was using my Nexus 10 but performance after the KitKat update (4.4.2) was horrible. TSTO and KitKat are IMHO incompatible.
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I have a Nexus 7. (Apparently, there was a problem with original (2012) Nexus 7s, but they put out a later version of it ... (2013)

That's the one I got. The improved (2013) version. I love it.

Its quad core (had to go look that up. :) )

HOWEVER!!!

It DOES crash, regularly, with towns that are decorated more than usual. In fact, it regularly crashes with my OWN town. Daily. When I do rounds, I know ahead which towns are going to bring it down. I can get back into them, but I know there's a problem.

I'm able to use it, got used to just taking a deep breath, and restarting TSTO,, and LOVE the resolution the size and weight, and wouldn't choose another.

But if what you want is specifically something that handles the elaborate towns, this ain't the one you're looking for.

Maybe it's an exception to the quad core group.?

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited February 2014
    I have a Nexus 7. (Apparently, there was a problem with original (2012) Nexus 7s, but they put out a later version of it ... (2013)

That's the one I got. The improved (2013) version. I love it.

Its quad core (had to go look that up. :) )

HOWEVER!!!

It DOES crash, regularly, with towns that are decorated more than usual. In fact, it regularly crashes with my OWN town. Daily. When I do rounds, I know ahead which towns are going to bring it down. I can get back into them, but I know there's a problem.

I'm able to use it, got used to just taking a deep breath, and restarting TSTO,, and LOVE the resolution the size and weight, and wouldn't choose another.

But if what you want is specifically something that handles the elaborate towns, this ain't the one you're looking for.

Maybe it's an exception to the quad core group.?
    Lower end Quad core's play tapped "ok"
    You want a high end Quad Core CPU if you want a better experience.
    Only issue is the high end Quad core CPU's are reserved for the most expensive tablets.

I should point out that my GF's budget Quad Core can be unstable at times and crash in busy towns.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I have a two SAMSUNG tab 3 10 inch tables. My version 1 is what I used since last Saint Patrick day and My wife's version 2 is now at level 38 with no premium items. I can't say TSTO crashes but after 6 to 8 hours straight; it starts to slow down and I restart them. We have owned them over 18 months.
  • dmullen75
    89 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm using a Samsung Note since Christmas and rarely have crashes. Usually only when I visit neighbors that have too much stuff going on. I picked this one for the quad core, sadly because most of its use is for this game :P
  • erchin8
    265 posts
    edited February 2014
    I use a Samsung Note II and it rarely crashes. At 5.5" the screen size is just a bit smaller than a tablet, and I often use it over my Nexus 7 (first gen), because it has a, wait for it, quad-core processor and the resolution is great. When I have the Note II side-by-side by with the Nexus 7, the Note is so much more vivid than the tablet. I can only imagine that it'd be even better with its successor, the Note 3. Thinking it's time for me to upgrade...

OP, I know you're looking for a tablet and not phone, but just wanted to add my 2 cents... because all my real-life friends are sick of hearing me ramble about Android phones.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Ok, so I am hearing quad core, higher end. I do use a HTC One phone, and my game does not crash too much on it, but it is starting to a bit more frequently. I am looking for a larger screen so I don't have to use my glasses :wink:

Is the cpu the only spec I need to be concerned with? I was thtinking RAM might also be an issue. Also was concerned that maybe a particular type/brand cpu would be better.

I did look into the nexus 10, and actually thought that kitkat would be a good thing. Glad to be forewarned of that...
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited February 2014
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, since Christmas - I very rarely get crashes. Maybe once a week.
  • bcxanth
    6 posts
    edited February 2014
    I use my Nook HD and it very rarely crashes. Like, maybe once or twice a month. Usually it's because I have too many things running at once. Try getting a Task Killer app and clearing your device of running programs before starting up the game.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    bcxanth wrote:
    I use my Nook HD and it very rarely crashes. Like, maybe once or twice a month. Usually it's because I have too many things running at once. Try getting a Task Killer app and clearing your device of running programs before starting up the game.

First I have to ask...do you have many premium items? This issue only started as my town grew, and I bought more premium items. It got progressively worse as I got more stuff...and I have not yet reached the 4500 item warning nor have I purchased all the land yet.

Second, not sure what I would be able to kill since I do not start anything before playing. I have gotten into the habit of restarting my device before I play. The only tasks running would be tasks called by the OS, so not sure what i would be able to kill.

Per what I have read in other threads, and experienced myself, I have concluded that I must either root my device so I can lower my screen resolution or I can get a new device...hence this thread's title...
  • bcxanth
    6 posts
    edited February 2014
    No, I don't purchase premium items. I don't do the micro-transaction thing. I'm level 38 though with all kinds of stuff and have no real issues.

As for tasks running, there's a ton of things that run when your device first starts up. Everything that connects to the internet starts up and wants to check for updates. Facebook, Gmail, twitter, etc. They all rush for the internet as soon as your device starts up. So restarting can likely cause you to have fewer resources available than if you just used a task killer to clear out running programs.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    bcxanth wrote:
    No, I don't purchase premium items. I don't do the micro-transaction thing. I'm level 38 though with all kinds of stuff and have no real issues.

As for tasks running, there's a ton of things that run when your device first starts up. Everything that connects to the internet starts up and wants to check for updates. Facebook, Gmail, twitter, etc. They all rush for the internet as soon as your device starts up. So restarting can likely cause you to have fewer resources available than if you just used a task killer to clear out running programs.

I am pretty sure that the difference between a freemium lvl 38 and a premium lvl 38 is significant. I say that with absolutely NO elitist attitude..just pointing out what I believe to be a fact. Additionally, while I understand the point you are trying to make about my startup, there really are not too many tasks that run automatically that I can access to stop...but there is no twitter, facebook or gmail running...just some google/android services, nook service, and a couple others. Thing is that even IF killing a few tasks helps, it is only a matter of time before I hit the same lmitations again as I build up my town.
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I use an Asus memo pad HD which has Quad Core CPU, the game occasionally crashes, but only recently (more from VD update)
  • laurianric18
    224 posts
    edited February 2014
    I've had very little trouble with my Toshiba Thrive. Love it.
  • cooldaddy421
    249 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I have been using my kendle fire hd and have no prob. But before i sign in i shut down my device each time. And i can play with no problem. i have 3 towns 1 main 2 feed and when i go for my visits i just shut down each time and i have no problem when i do this. if i do not do this i can get a few towns and then it will crash or freeze. so this is my 2 cents on the problem.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    All good info. I am hoping that if I do end up getting a new tablet that I really won't have to jump through hoops to be able to play this game. The Samsung Galaxy note looks like a possible contender. The Galaxy tab would be good if not for kitkat now being the os. Asus has a couple that look good, as does toshiba. Thing is that the ones that seem to be capable are no less expensive than an ipad air. I am really not looking to get involved with itunes, however, if the air is the most capable, I may have to conside it...
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    All good info. I am hoping that if I do end up getting a new tablet that I really won't have to jump through hoops to be able to play this game. The Samsung Galaxy note looks like a possible contender. The Galaxy tab would be good if not for kitkat now being the os. Asus has a couple that look good, as does toshiba. Thing is that the ones that seem to be capable are no less expensive than an ipad air. I am really not looking to get involved with itunes, however, if the air is the most capable, I may have to conside it...
    My sister has the iPad air, she tells me that it occasionally crashes when visiting neighbours but that is it
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!