EA Forums - Banner

So when does this atrocious event end?

Prev13
There's a countdown clock. I'm surprised you haven't seen it yet.

Replies

• wilki1999
    3965 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I 100% agree with you Josh, EA have not quite got it right this time.
  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    wilki1999 wrote:

They weren't even in the ballpark with this one.
  • wilki1999
    3965 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    wilki1999 wrote:

They weren't even in the ballpark with this one.
    I agree, there was loads of stuff they could have added - Manjula would have been good cause she even had a valentines episode one year.
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    You're right on man. I agree with pretty much everything you said except about Brandine. She is a cool character. I didn't play last year so it's nice to have rose bushes but I can understand the disapointment from the lifers.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Is anyone here still collecting hearts?
    I do. I want to make a 3D perspective building out of purple fences. :-)
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited February 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I do... :-)

So do I, and I have finished this event a while ago. Sorry Josh, I kind of like this event. It isn't meant to be a big one, and I think EA did ok. I say "ok", only because I think the questline was too short, and I think they should have added even more decoration options. If they had done this too, I'd find this event rather good.
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I have enjoyed the event too, but have pretty much stopped participating fully at this point now that I've cleared the wheel, have multiples of all decorations except the train, and Valentine's Day is past. I still collect my hearts from cards and visiting friends, but am no longer planting roses or having characters perform tasks that pay out in hearts instead of money. Mainly I want as many decorations as possible available in the inventory for next year. I think any event like this will start to get a bit old as it winds down - the same thing happened with the Christmas event, when tapping on gift bag after gift bag after gift bag started to get a bit old when it was almost mid-January.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:

Yes and No. Well, not really. No, I guess.
    I visit my friends twice a week but the incentive isn't really there. Also, half of my friends don't have enough characters so I wander around their town for a while looking for cards that aren't there.
    I wasn't around for the previous update and saw that last year you could buy things with hearts.
  • sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Time to give us whatever major characters they have left (Lovejoys, Hoover, Lunchlady Doris, Uter, Manjula, etc). Or better yet, give us Lionel Huts, Troy McClure, a real Maggie, a real Gil, and a real Sideshow Bob. I'm losing incentive to continue playing.

I'd like to think EA is setting us up; the game has been kinda"meh" lately, but the devs could easily release any number of the characters you've listed (or draw some inspiration from this forum as it isn't short of suggestions, brilliant or otherwise). I'm anticipating a barrage of level updates with new characters and story lines similar to the end of last summer when a new level was out every other week. Too optimistic?

Get to it, you lazy developers!
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I haven't completed the wheel yet :cry:

• MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:

Yupp. I already boosted my multiplier from seventy-something to an even ninety percent, and as long as I'm not runnnig out of places to hide ponds and trains, I'll keep spinning that wheel.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    Not hard core collecting, but I am still visiting friends a few times a week. I would really like more than 8 pieces of fence... I have way too many gazebos and benches and running out of places to put them. The other item I really want is more bird baths. I had all sorts of ideas for those, but only have 1.

I'd rather buy the item I want for 200 hearts then have a chance at winning it. I'd be waaaaaay more avid heart collector if that was the case. But I know it's coded in my copy to dish out a gazebo every other spin.
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:

Yupp. I already boosted my multiplier from seventy-something to an even ninety percent, and as long as I'm not runnnig out of places to hide ponds and trains, I'll keep spinning that wheel.

Ditto! As long as there's a free 2.25% multiplier to be had, I'll keep grinding hearts until the bitter end. I'm in the process of trying to buy out all the land, and plots are getting EXPENSIVE.
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited February 2014
    I agree with most of your arguments. I never have a problem getting free stuff so I won't hate on the wheel but I would much rather be able to purchase items with hearts like last year.

I do love Brandine and the Spuckler babies. I think that was genius but I don't have a problem waiting 9 months for all the babies, I think it makes the game more fun not less. Otherwise, even though this is not a major event, I'm still a little disappointed and hope it goes better with WD. Which I really hope we get even though it was a total disaster last year
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    It ends as soon as you quit whining like a 10 year old.
  • Vermonster13
    37 posts
    edited February 2014
    The wheel hates me. It won't give me a flower cart for anything. I have so much of the other stuff I have no place to put it. I just want that stupid ride. Lol
  • el-jeffe83
    67 posts
    edited February 2014
    Agreed. This was the worst event yet and I've played since launch. I also agree the game has gotten progressively more and more boring. EA you're losing us. Get your * together EA.
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I do. I want to make a 3D perspective building out of purple fences. :-)

Will that even work? Aren't the fences rounded? If you get enough, pics, please!

I'm still spinning for Trains, Ponds, Fences, and benches. (And I do like the flower cart and bird bath) Wish I could sell the excess pink fountains. Oh well!

I will admit, I thought the vday s/l was kind of lame. I like the s/l's that use more characters. Like the Christmas one was great for that. Brandine's s/l seems more interesting to me. I'm happy we got Mindy though. Overall, it's better than no event. It's giving me a reason to visit friends.
  • jtgroth
    380 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I can't figure out if the airplane does anything because I'm not cycling through all the characters just to find out if there are tasks associated with it.

The following characters have a 10 hour "Eat a Buffet Meal" task there:

Skinner
    Willy
    Comic Book Guy
    Bumblebee Man
    Duffman
    Squeaky Voiced Teen

• cybermaus84
    14 posts
    edited February 2014
    Perhaps it is just my game, but according to the countdown clock, we still have 7 days left. I really hope this is a glitch and they didn't add another week onto this update!?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.