EA Forums - Banner

So I guess premium players get punished once again.

12346Next

Replies

• fedaykin303
    26 posts
    edited February 2014
    dcacooper wrote:
    ryandelpo wrote:
    What's the incentive for us premium players? I'm sorry I spent money so I don't get offered a deal? How is that good business.. Retain your long time customers... Valentines was a bust not counting mindy... And now this... They could have offered something

You have clearly never studied marketing. Discount deals on one-off products of any kind are not generally aimed at people who have bought those items already. If you pay £300 for a laptop and two weeks later the store puts on a sale and you could have got the same device for £250, it isn't aimed at you ... you already bought one (although you could buy another I guess).

Likewise, the store isn't going to put its hand in its pockets and give you £50 because you could have saved that by waiting a couple of weeks before you bought. The item was on sale for a price you were happy with and you paid it. End of story.

Same here.

And this from someone who has bought both Krustylu Studios and Dr Nick within the last fortnight.

Wrong.
    Working in retail I can say many people that happens to bring the items back, and we refund them the difference.
    What May interest people is that it is cheaper to make new customers then maintain the old ones, hence these "deals"
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    BobD311 wrote:
    Gil hasn't shown up, I have none of what he is offering, but I have spent money on the game before. Is he going to show up ever?

I suggest you force close your game, then restart it. If you have nothing he is offering, he has to come see you. :)
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    dcacooper wrote:
    ryandelpo wrote:
    What's the incentive for us premium players? I'm sorry I spent money so I don't get offered a deal? How is that good business.. Retain your long time customers... Valentines was a bust not counting mindy... And now this... They could have offered something

You have clearly never studied marketing. Discount deals on one-off products of any kind are not generally aimed at people who have bought those items already. If you pay £300 for a laptop and two weeks later the store puts on a sale and you could have got the same device for £250, it isn't aimed at you ... you already bought one (although you could buy another I guess).

Likewise, the store isn't going to put its hand in its pockets and give you £50 because you could have saved that by waiting a couple of weeks before you bought. The item was on sale for a price you were happy with and you paid it. End of story.

Same here.

And this from someone who has bought both Krustylu Studios and Dr Nick within the last fortnight.

Wrong.
    Working in retail I can say many people that happens to bring the items back, and we refund them the difference.
    What May interest people is that it is cheaper to make new customers then maintain the old ones, hence these "deals"

This isn't always accurate, especially in software and gaming (I'd love to see you get a price match on a Steam Sale item or on any other DLC).

In general, if you miss the special, then you miss it. It seems crummy to have just purchased these (as I have) and then have a discount come out immediately, but caveat emptor.
  • Annathewicked
    4719 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    dcacooper wrote:
    ryandelpo wrote:

Same here.

Um, actually most large retail stores are going to a policy of if it goes on sale within 2weeks and you have the receipt they will give you the difference. Saves them time on returns by people who go buy it again to save the money...... Saw it all the time before target implemented such a policy. I will agree that's hard retail though--- games and online purchasing is different, and I don't see the same discounts here ever.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    At least read my posts before making a whiny rant that attacks two different things that I didn't actually type.

But it's a page directly out of your playbook! You should be honoured!

I don't whine about imaginary things.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    At least read my posts before making a whiny rant that attacks two different things that I didn't actually type.

But it's a page directly out of your playbook! You should be honoured!

I don't whine about imaginary things.

If only there was something posted during the Xmas update...
    JoshSherer wrote:
    ...there is no way we get the 2nd and 4th prizes. At least not without donuts after the event ends.

Reality was quite different, wasn't it? Certainly didn't cost a single donut to get the community prizes.

As I said: A page directly from your playbook. You should be honoured!

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9856863.page

I still promise you: EA might be a lot of things but they are not trying to lessen your play experience vs the free players.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    Actual picture of Josh.

baby_girl_9-12_months_crying_close-up_8546.jpg
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I had to delete a callout. Stop making and taking things so personal, people. You're only going to get what you give.
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited February 2014
    Oh, wait. Is this still going on? Really? How is this possible? Are you all going to make me go and read where I left off yesterday just so I can answer my own question? Really?

I still have the flu. Are there any good jokes? (Besides the one about deleting safari? I already saw that one.)
  • 121ProcessDenied
    57 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I have 4 towns but only one is a premium town. I saw Gil in every town but the premium one. I really liked that because it didn't bother me when it didn't apply to me. I have one other game that I buy everything the moment it comes out. I miss out on a lot of sales, but I also got to enjoy them longer. I'm not bothered. Every game does the same thing.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I wonder how old you are because I imagine you as an 8 year old who can't stop complaining! :-\

An 8 year old with fantastic grammar! Anyway, I'm 27.

Haha, never pictured you as that old. :-D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.