EA Forums - Banner

[Poll] Give us Dirt/New Ground Cover, day [ 654 ] of many <--- EA [email protected]@K

Replies

• ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited February 2014
    That is a good idea and one I hadn't heard thus far. Bumps would add an interesting element to the game but I'm not sure how they would pull it off without looking like speed bumps. Or would each area be a slope that can be linked? What did you have in mind?
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited February 2014
    Wish they did 1x1,2x2 and 3x3 pavement
  • cherrysweatr
    243 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'd like to see 1x1 pavement also, it would be nice not to put my houses right on the curb and not have it look silly with the massive pavement slab under the tiny walk/driveway.

Also I'd love to see the orange cobblestone option (like they have under the bistro set)
  • betha75
    157 posts
    edited February 2014
    i just want some dirt instead of grass to put around my not-so-nice houses :)
  • coookies58
    73 posts
    edited February 2014
    I support your attempt here, but do we really expect this to accomplish anything?
  • ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited February 2014
    I too would Love the idea of smaller tile options. It would require some development but it can't be even close to the level they already go through to add seasonal effects each season. Snow for instance requires a redesign of almost every item and for both sides of the directions since they are two different images. Come on EA make this happen.

As to if I actually think this forum post will change anything - yes. It is clear that EA looks to this forum - for what is still yet to be determined. I feel that if this post can last long enough and get enough views, responses, and votes to offer up the resemblance of a community supported idea then they may make a change. I however understand that the odds are stacked against this happening, for many reasons.

I guess I am a half full kind of guy.
  • jwvfilms
    215 posts
    edited February 2014
    The whole thing would be cool and simple to do it's just like pavement.
  • metricmuse
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I would actually like water for krustyland as well as some bridges (maybe krustyland themed) for crossing them. I would also like many of the other ground coverings that have been stated as well.
  • ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited February 2014
    You are right, Krustyland decorations and updates are far overdue!!
  • ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited February 2014
    Daily Bump
  • 8injoe
    94 posts
    edited February 2014
    Bumpies
  • dill1785
    233 posts
    edited February 2014
    Bump
  • jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    ehoffa21 wrote:
    That is a good idea and one I hadn't heard thus far. Bumps would add an interesting element to the game but I'm not sure how they would pull it off without looking like speed bumps. Or would each area be a slope that can be linked? What did you have in mind?

I was thinking more along the lines of a decoration tbh. There could be various sizes and slopes, they might end up looking bumpish but with proper shading and good placement I think it would work.
  • marrahi
    3 posts
    edited February 2014
    Hi,please add me ,My name is marrahi , i al level 28
  • ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited February 2014
    ehoffa21 wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of a decoration tbh. There could be various sizes and slopes, they might end up looking bumpish but with proper shading and good placement I think it would work.

I am up for anything that improves the design elements of the game. Decorations are nice but design elements like new ground cover or your suggestion allow for much more creativity since they can be applied to situations beyond a decorations general design limitations. (For the trolls, how many ways could you use hills or useable roads as compared to an inflatable gorilla without looking ridiculous? - I feel that the ground cover could apply to most of your Springfield whereas the Gorilla would only apply to limited areas.)
  • nbpinkr2010
    232 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Great idea. I'd love to have some different ground cover options. :D
  • jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    ehoffa21 wrote:
    ehoffa21 wrote:

I am up for anything that improves the design elements of the game. Decorations are nice but design elements like new ground cover or your suggestion allow for much more creativity since they can be applied to situations beyond a decorations general design limitations. (For the trolls, how many ways could you use hills or useable roads as compared to an inflatable gorilla without looking ridiculous? - I feel that the ground cover could apply to most of your Springfield whereas the Gorilla would only apply to limited areas.)

Oooo...I want a giant inflatable gorilla! Put that with a few of Chalmers _ondas and bam, used car lot. :D
  • ehoffa21
    427 posts
    edited February 2014
    That would be funny. "We have everything you want as long as it is a _onda - 3 easy payments of $19.99".
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Cobblestone roads! I like!
  • jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    ehoffa21 wrote:
    That would be funny. "We have everything you want as long as it is a _onda - 3 easy payments of $19.99".

You can have it in any color you want as long as it's orangeish.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!