EA Forums - Banner

How about Mardi Gras event instead of whacking day?

Prev1
repeated for some. I didn't have access to this game til 1 week AFTER whacking day so I'm looking forward to getting to play it

Replies

• hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I would rather have Whacking Day come back this year! I cant wait to see what kind of personal prizes they come up with this year. I am even more intrigued to see what community prizes they can include for the Whacking Day event this year because they did not have the community prizes idea in till the Halloween 2013 update. I actually have everything from the Whacking Day update last year and I personally wouldn't mind if they bring them back for people who missed out on them last year :mrgreen:
  • Smurf1972
    353 posts
    edited February 2014
    I'm in the missed last years event camp. But as whacking day is such a huge event on the program I can't see them not doing WD annually (well till they say not doing anymore to the game :()
  • AlanSherer
    84 posts
    edited February 2014
    Wats mardi gras? Is it drug dealingbi dobt think ea approve of that

Sorry
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    AlanSherer wrote:

Sorry

Basically it's when people who are attracted to the same 5ex show there support for there intrests.
  • edited February 2014
    Wacking day was in May.... Mardi gras is 2 months off... can't really replace it
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    It's funny that the people who missed WD last yr want it so bad, they have no idea what there getting into, it's a grind that us veteran players have never seen before and hasn't been matched yet. Think Halloween and Xmas was a grind? There a walk in the park compared to WD. WD turned tapped out into a game that had to be played basically 24/7 in order to achieve everything, do we really want that again? No way. I Beleive it took 26,000 snakes to collect everything and the real consistant players were basically getting 500-1000 snakes a day, so it basically took a month or more, not only that, most players lost a few thousand snakes due to a glitch which didnt count snakes correctly as you moved from town to town.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    AlanSherer wrote:

Sorry

Basically it's when people who are attracted to the same 5ex show there support for there intrests.
    Neither of you seem to have any idea what Mardi gras is. It's pretty much a big carnival/party with lots of food and booze and some nudity.

And after a basic Wikipedia search, I've learned that Fat Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday. It's actually a time of indulgence before the traditional fasting of Lent; it's a Catholic celebration.
  • Smurf1972
    353 posts
    edited February 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    AlanSherer wrote:

Sorry

Neither of you seem to have any idea what Mardi gras is. It's pretty much a big carnival/party with lots of food and booze and some nudity.

And after a basic Wikipedia search, I've learned that Fat Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday. It's actually a time of indulgence before the traditional fasting of Lent; it's a Catholic celebration.

Fat Tuesday is called Pancake day in the UK, (a quick check on Wiki says we started the tradition in 1445 that or there a bouts) it was one of the few things we kept after we broke ties with the Holy Roman Church :oops:. But same principle eat pancakes til you're stuffed then start lent. :lol:
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited February 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    It's funny that the people who missed WD last yr want it so bad, they have no idea what there getting into, it's a grind that us veteran players have never seen before and hasn't been matched yet. Think Halloween and Xmas was a grind? There a walk in the park compared to WD. WD turned tapped out into a game that had to be played basically 24/7 in order to achieve everything, do we really want that again? No way. I Beleive it took 26,000 snakes to collect everything and the real consistant players were basically getting 500-1000 snakes a day, so it basically took a month or more, not only that, most players lost a few thousand snakes due to a glitch which didnt count snakes correctly as you moved from town to town.

^this^ hardest event by miles. Made Halloween look easy. I was waking up in the middle of the night to clear my town so I'd get enough snakes :shock:

Why does everyone want it back... They won't make the same prizes available as they've had them on offer for donuts??

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    AlanSherer wrote:

Sorry

I don't know what they are? Please, I have 3 brother in laws and two of them happen to by homosexual and they go to this things all the time with there friends, there not shy on telling everyone what goes on there Beleive me.

seinfeld.gif
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited February 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    AlanSherer wrote:

Sorry

I don't know what they are? Please, I have 3 brother in laws and two of them happen to by homosexual and they go to this things all the time with there friends, there not shy on telling everyone what goes on there Beleive me.

seinfeld.gif

Just because they are homosexual and go to an event doesn't mean the event is centered around homosexuality lol
  • maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    AlanSherer wrote:

Sorry

You sure they weren't going to whacking day :lol:

seinfeld.gif[/quote]
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited February 2014
    If you don't know what Mardi Gras is, you've never been to college.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Smurf1972 wrote:
    Fat Tuesday is called Pancake day in the UK ... eat pancakes til you're stuffed then start lent. :lol:
    Now I want pancakes.
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Please, I have 3 brother in laws and two of them happen to by homosexual and they go to this things all the time with there friends, there not shy on telling everyone what goes on there Beleive me.
    Um, I'm sure a lot of sex happens at a city-wide party, and I'm not doubting that some of it is homosexual, but mardi gras still isn't a gay pride tradition. They have parades for, as you say, supporting their interests.
    I mean, one of the most famous traditions of mardi gras (at least New Orleans mardi gras) is a lot of women being topless except for the shiny beads. That appeals mostly to the young heterosexual male population.
  • tiifanyart
    82 posts
    edited February 2014
    I'd love to have them both :D
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6308 posts Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Guys/Gals please try and stay on topic regarding the matter. I just had to hide a few posts regarding a certain topic you were talking about.

Let's talk about Whacking Day & a Simpsons Tapped Out Mardi Gras event
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited February 2014
    as long as it is new content I would be happy with either one. If they regurgitate whacking day items and have only like 3 new items then definitely Mardi Gras.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I couldn't believe they didnt do a proper Super Bowl update with characters supporting there teams and associated tasks, would have been awesom to see homer,Lenny,Carl and barney dressed in team colors go on a binge.
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited February 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    I couldn't believe they didnt do a proper Super Bowl update with characters supporting there teams and associated tasks, would have been awesom to see homer,Lenny,Carl and barney dressed in team colors go on a binge.

Yes, I was disappointed with the Superbowl Update seeing how Fox had the rights and could of really done anything with the update, was a let down. unfortunately we will not see another one done right because Fox does not have the rights next year.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    LtType77 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:

Yes, I was disappointed with the Superbowl Update seeing how Fox had the rights and could of really done anything with the update, was a let down. unfortunately we will not see another one done right because Fox does not have the rights next year.

I did send apu on his "show patriotism task" quite frequent, had to do something lol.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.