EA Forums - Banner

EA customer service closed my ticket without any solutions or fixes

Maybe try again without all the sarcasm? Speaking from experience I'm far less willing to help someone who has an attitude, is demanding and down right rude. The customer service people are just that, people paid to do a job and if you're going to be difficult with them then don't expect any results.

Replies

• dcacooper
    402 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    There are any number of reasons why you might have connection issues (especially over 3G), most of which are not under EA's control. I rarely have connection issues, and when I do it is generally at peak times, such as when an update has just been issued, so my first instinct would be that the problem lies somewhere between your device and EA's servers, in which case there really is not much they can do to help.

I personally reserve my connection rants for Vodafone, whose 3G signal around us is so flaky it is maddening. Fortunately, my iPad doesn't have 3G capability, so I never have to deal with the temptation to play TSTO using it. That would be head-poundingly frustrating, I have no doubt.

But it wouldn't be EA's fault.
  • rocknrollie
    30 posts
    edited February 2014
    EA once closed my ticket without ever coming back to me....thankfully the issue restored itself. But they are pretty *.
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited February 2014
    Khodro wrote:

Customer Service: "In order to see, if I will have the same problems with your game playing from other device, I logged into your game. No connection problems and no disconnection occurred. (By the way, this can be the cause of "You have been signed in from another device" message.)"

Oh that's great! So maybe from now on, you just play my game while I tell you what buildings to buy and what quests to take, okay?

Sorry but this made me :lol:
    Maybe try again without all the sarcasm? Speaking from experience I'm far less willing to help someone who has an attitude, is demanding and down right rude. The customer service people are just that, people paid to do a job and if you're going to be difficult with them then don't expect any results.

Pretty sure those weren't his/her actual responses to the guy...LOL
  • SirEdgarA
    183 posts
    edited February 2014
    Glad to know they closed the case without fixing your issue, looks like you have other problems outside the game. Also this doesn't belong in the Game Discussion, it belongs at Bugs & Issues. Don't even bother re posting it.
  • alexeliz3
    88 posts
    edited February 2014
    I'm sorry they were unable to help you. However, I am not sure if those were really your responses or not. If not, then you are only showing one side of the conversation. If they were, which I hope not, maybe try being a little less sarcastic next time. They probably get hundreds of complaints a day. Some more and some less trivial than yours. Regardless, I don't doubt that they try to help when they can, but being rude to them probably won't help matters.
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Open another ticket with the same number and tell them it wasn't resolved. And yes you need to be nice to them to get help
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I found EA's service excellent, they came back to me straight away and I was able to resolve my issue. :)
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Khodro wrote:
    Customer Service: "I play the Simpsons myself, and sometimes I have to wait for the game to connect to the servers, but usually it doesn't take long, and after retry or two, the successful connection is made. I assure you, it is very rare, that the servers are down due to maintenance issues, we are notified in advance, and the issue is dealt with in a timely manner. "

Well maybe it is very rare FOR YOU but it sure as * ain't rare for me and I'm getting fed up with having to deal with these connectivity issues.

Customer Service: "In order to see, if I will have the same problems with your game playing from other device, I logged into your game. No connection problems and no disconnection occurred. (By the way, this can be the cause of "You have been signed in from another device" message.)"

Oh that's great! So maybe from now on, you just play my game while I tell you what buildings to buy and what quests to take, okay?
    Customer Service: "Based on above information, I can assume at this point, that the issue is arising due to corrupt game files downloaded on your device, issues with iPhone, poor connection to our servers."

My iPhone is only 2 months old. I have barely downloaded any apps on to it and it's updated with the most recent software update.

Customer Service: "Regarding the connection, please try to play using WI-FI, as this provides stronger signal. When playing Wi-Fi, please disable 3G, so that connection is more stable. "

Yeah, because my home modem has a 70 miles connection range so when I'm off to work or university I can just connect to my Wi-Fi from a distance of 70 freaking miles.

Customer Service: "We have closed this case for now . You can reach us at help.ea.com for further assistance"

Of course you did. No solution, no fix, no compensation. How convenient of you to just close the case like that.

This is ****. No wonder EA was voted worst company 2 years in a row. Never have I been pissed at a customer service before until today.
    EA made me download some Tracer program on to my computer, they made me waste all this time on their ****, and all of that for what? I'm back at zero now with no progress. What a joke.
    Last time I emailed them, and the time before, the refused to give compensation, for a week outage of the forums and numerous connectivity problems.
    I also emailed them asking for compensation for the bug that caused the wheel to give the wrong item, and was told to make a bug report on he forums, and then the ticket was closed.
    Bloody useless.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Khodro wrote:
    Customer Service: "I play the Simpsons myself, and sometimes I have to wait for the game to connect to the servers, but usually it doesn't take long, and after retry or two, the successful connection is made. I assure you, it is very rare, that the servers are down due to maintenance issues, we are notified in advance, and the issue is dealt with in a timely manner. "

Well maybe it is very rare FOR YOU but it sure as * ain't rare for me and I'm getting fed up with having to deal with these connectivity issues.

Customer Service: "Based on above information, I can assume at this point, that the issue is arising due to corrupt game files downloaded on your device, issues with iPhone, poor connection to our servers."

My iPhone is only 2 months old. I have barely downloaded any apps on to it and it's updated with the most recent software update.

Customer Service: "Regarding the connection, please try to play using WI-FI, as this provides stronger signal. When playing Wi-Fi, please disable 3G, so that connection is more stable. "

Yeah, because my home modem has a 70 miles connection range so when I'm off to work or university I can just connect to my Wi-Fi from a distance of 70 freaking miles.

Customer Service: "We have closed this case for now . You can reach us at help.ea.com for further assistance"

Of course you did. No solution, no fix, no compensation. How convenient of you to just close the case like that.

This is ****. No wonder EA was voted worst company 2 years in a row. Never have I been pissed at a customer service before until today.
    EA made me download some Tracer program on to my computer, they made me waste all this time on their ****, and all of that for what? I'm back at zero now with no progress. What a joke.
    Last time I emailed them, and the time before, the refused to give compensation, for a week outage of the forums and numerous connectivity problems.
    I also emailed them asking for compensation for the bug that caused the wheel to give the wrong item, and was told to make a bug report on he forums, and then the ticket was closed.
    Bloody useless.

Why would they give you compensation because you cannot connect to the forums?
    the 2 are unrelated. Its like contacting Microsoft and asking for compensation because your cable is out and you cant watch TV.
  • Khodro
    707 posts
    edited February 2014
    Okay first of all, to those of you asking if those were my actual response to customer service, the answer is no. I just added those responses to the thread to show my opinion on the things that customer service told me.
    When I respond to customer service, I try to be police and just answer whatever they ask from me.

As for the connection issues not being EA's fault. I have never had any connectivity issues with any of my other apps no any other services such as Steam, etc. Surely if it was my internet carrier, then I would experience these glitches outside of Tapped Out.

I know that the game is free, but the moment you start purchasing donuts, the game isn't free to me anymore and you expect some sort of decency when it comes to the product that you have purchased. The fact that the customer service won't even acknowledge this just blows my mind.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    You are quite the *. I'm glad they ignored you and closed it.
  • PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    one time I had to contact EA they were incredibly fast and helped out immediately. response was less than 30minutes later.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Khodro wrote:

Bloody useless.

the 2 are unrelated. Its like contacting Microsoft and asking for compensation because your cable is out and you cant watch TV.
    It's not that there was an issue was my device or internet, I was using other websites. It's that there forums failed to connect each time , using different devices, browsers. cache clearing etc. They admitted it was their fault, too.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I understand the sentiment of the OP, but one thing that has to be understood is that connectivity issues run the gamut of causes. When a customer service agent gets one of these cases, they have to go down a list of things in order to try to figure out where the issue is (device, ISP, servers, game files, etc...). Unfortunately with lists, they are sometimes not even trying to do anything else BUT the list, even when it seems stupid...but that is what they are supposed to do based on their training.

This is NO EXCUSE for poor customer service, just a little bit of explanation of it, and why it may happen the way it does so often. IMO, a case should NEVER be closed until the person with the problem is working again...PERIOD

Now for my OWN sanity, whenever I DO get the unable to connect screen repeatedly, I will either reset my device, or just force stop and clear the cache, and try again. If I am still unable to connect, and I AM able to get internet on my device, I check either here on the forum, or maybe facebook to see if anyone else is having the same problem. 8 times out of 10 I find that it is not me. When I don't find anything, typically by the time I try again, it works.

• brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited February 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Khodro wrote:

Bloody useless.

It's not that there was an issue was my device or internet, I was using other websites. It's that there forums failed to connect each time , using different devices, browsers. cache clearing etc. They admitted it was their fault, too.

So? It's not like you pay to use the forums. They could shut them down tomorrow if they wanted. Hundreds of people (myself included) couldn't use them during that time.. Doesn't really matter who's fault it was; They don't have to compensate anyone for social time lost.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    You are quite the *. I'm glad they ignored you and closed it.
    You called the OP an asterisk :mrgreen:
  • pebblesandco
    68 posts
    edited February 2014
    dcacooper wrote:
    There are any number of reasons why you might have connection issues (especially over 3G), most of which are not under EA's control. I rarely have connection issues, and when I do it is generally at peak times, such as when an update has just been issued, so my first instinct would be that the problem lies somewhere between your device and EA's servers, in which case there really is not much they can do to help.

I personally reserve my connection rants for Vodafone, whose 3G signal around us is so flaky it is maddening. Fortunately, my iPad doesn't have 3G capability, so I never have to deal with the temptation to play TSTO using it. That would be head-poundingly frustrating, I have no doubt.

But it wouldn't be EA's fault.

I recently called customer service due to missing donuts and the customer service department bent over backwards to correct the issue and make me happy. I think it was even a Saturday or Sunday evening.
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited February 2014
    I've found Origin help to be more competent and helpful than EA's "advisors". I've also had a case closed without resolution and had to push hard to get anywhere. I always am respectful, but it's pretty frustrating when they don't seem to comprehend (or don't care to) the symptoms and fixes that you're experiencing and articulating.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.