EA Forums - Banner

If a neighbour doesn't have squid port....

Prev1
didnt get my squid port until like level 16 which took me like a month or something so I dont know how accurate that would be, im also looking for a way.

Replies

• mbemom
    258 posts
    edited February 2014
    I'm not sure what the best way is to tell anymore. I guess if people in town are just wandering every day that you check that town, that might be a giveaway. I play daily and set my characters on task a few times a day, so at least for players like me, you would know.

I know some people dont task players, like if they have tons of cash, so they may still be active even if characters in their town are free. But, if you want active, daily players, maybe you don't want people like that to be your neighbors anyway.

I also look for recent additions in the town, like recent valentines decorations or characters from a recent update. That way, I know the neighbor is still involved.

Just my 2 cents
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Does that mean they don't play anymore?

I'm trying to delete friends so I can add new ones and saw a few don't even have SP. Does that mean they haven't played since that was introduced ages ago?

It was so easy to see who wasn't playing with old events cos (in the case of Halloween) their gremlin count would be zero, but I'm finding it tricky now, despite being able to check when they "last logged in".

Not at all, it means they are new to the game. If they were level 14 months ago and still are then they aren't playing. But if someone just doesn't have it, it means they are a newer player.

There really isn't a safe "way" to tell if someone doesn't play. It could be their schedule, it could be them not visiting you, it could be any number of things. I likely will be axing some of the smaller towns simply being it's hard to find things to tap on for my FP. So if they aren't closer to max level, I may just get rid of those.
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    It may be rare, but there are people who just don't like Squidport and have not got it out of personal preference. It is best to look for other indicators as well.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited February 2014
    I chose not to start squidport until fairly recently...i waited until I was through with Krustyland...
  • jackbsmummy
    153 posts
    edited February 2014
    On my second town I'm level 37 now and still don't have much squidport apart from the entrance. I still play it daily but want to get to the current level before wasting my money on squidport
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited February 2014
    In your friends list (tap the Bart/Milhouse icon on the Friends screen), you can check the time last played of any player by tapping on the icon to the left of their name. It's only been tracking this since V-Day started, so it's a good bet that if it still says 'Unknown', you have an idle player on your hands.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for all the advice. These are neighbours I added about a year ago so I'm guessing if they r still on really low levels AND don't seem to be playing I can ditch them.

Replacing friends is equally as tough though because although I have a list of ppl who are waiting to be approved, they could be non players after all this time too! :roll:
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    In your friends list (tap the Bart/Milhouse icon on the Friends screen), you can check the time last played of any player by tapping on the icon to the left of their name. It's only been tracking this since V-Day started, so it's a good bet that if it still says 'Unknown', you have an idle player on your hands.

I tried this but a few of the people it said unknown for had visited my town recently so I knew it was wrong lol! It's frustrating! Plus I hate the way it takes you back to the top of the list every time you check someone.
  • forevermadness
    15 posts
    edited February 2014
    I've actually got a friend who it seems chose not to start a squidport. High level player that I've been friends with since they were low level. I guess some people just don't want it.

Do you see other players names when you tap on buildings? Especially something like the Krabappel apartment or the Burn's manor? That was how I decided who wasn't playing any more.
  • sonicwench03
    80 posts
    edited February 2014
    You can also look at your friends list and see how long it has been since they have played
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014

I'm not sure how people don't know this. When I saw something new I was all over it seeing what it did. They've made it so easy. Time consuming, but easy
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Thanks for all the advice. These are neighbours I added about a year ago so I'm guessing if they r still on really low levels AND don't seem to be playing I can ditch them.

Replacing friends is equally as tough though because although I have a list of ppl who are waiting to be approved, they could be non players after all this time too! :roll:

Go delete them & put your name on the add me thread. If you can't add on that one like me, go to the discussion & on the very top is a new add me thread. It's awesome. Get names there too.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11645 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    i've my town 100%, but squidport i started later when needed.
    my indicator that i'm alive is that i place near spawn point, the items from the last update
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • cornick1234
    190 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    When you visit a friend you think is not playing tap a specific building, the next day when you visit tap the same one, if your username appears in the little box then the chances are they are no longer playing. This is how I used to do it but I've not tried after the update so I don't know if it still works.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    When you visit a friend you think is not playing tap a specific building, the next day when you visit tap the same one, if your username appears in the little box then the chances are they are no longer playing. This is how I used to do it but I've not tried after the update so I don't know if it still works.

Won't work this time around. You need to clean off before another can be left
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Valentines gave me a better idea of who was playing and I'm hoping the new points system will too. I'll keep an eye on who visits over the next few days then delete some of the others.

I guess if they aren't visiting friends, even if they're still playing it makes more sense to replace them with ones who are, but I'll give them a chance in case they don't visit ppl every single day.
  • 4junk3000
    5898 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Valentines gave me a better idea of who was playing and I'm hoping the new points system will too. I'll keep an eye on who visits over the next few days then delete some of the others.

I guess if they aren't visiting friends, even if they're still playing it makes more sense to replace them with ones who are, but I'll give them a chance in case they don't visit ppl every single day.

the "last visited" feature, which is new for android, is really helpful for this. but i can understand not wanting to delete someone who's listed as 'unknown'.

that said, you're allowed to have the friends you want, so definitely go to any "add me" thread, copy a bunch of names and send invites. you'll get maxed out in no time. then you'll need to "open up slots", and you'll boot people much quicker.

if you want to be sure though, you can just write the names you see when you collect your handshakes. do it for about 4 days. you'll see who comes every day, and who hasn't come at all!

OH P.S. AWESOME AVATAR! one of the best shows ever!
  • sdarrall313
    280 posts
    edited February 2014
    I usually tell by if they have decorations from recent events, and I look out for buildings that are being built. A couple of mine are maybes at the moment, but I think they have nothing to tap because they are low level.

Side question, how do you get those badges in the signature?
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    4junk3000 wrote:
    OH P.S. AWESOME AVATAR! one of the best shows ever!

Lol thanks! I've been watching repeats on tv :-)

• juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Side question, how do you get those badges in the signature?

I don't know if it's the same with signatures but I got a pm the other day saying Id been promoted and could now use an avatar, so maybe it's the same. :?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.